PDA

View Full Version : University of California students chant ‘Allahu Akbar’ after anti-Israel vote

canadiantdi
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Activists waving Palestinian flags reportedly heckled Jewish students at the University of California, Davis, and chanted “Allahu Akbar” during a student government vote last week to call on the school to boycott Israel.

The student government resolution passed 8-2 Thursday and formally recommends the university divest from companies who do business with Israel, such as American companies Caterpillar Inc., G4S PLC, Veolia Environment and Raytheon.

Following the vote, a large group of activists shouted “Allahu Akhbar,” meaning “Allah is [the] greatest,” in unison as pro-Israel students filed out of the U.C. Davis meeting room, according to video provided by a pro-Israel student, the Washington Free hamas-on-campus Beacon reported.

Azka Fayyaz, a member of the U.C. Davis student senate, gleefully posted on Facebook after the vote that “Israel will fall insha’Allah.”

“Hamas & Sharia law have taken over UC Davis,” she boasted alongside a photo taken at the meeting.

One day after the vote, a fraternity house belonging to the Jewish AEPi organization was defaced with two spray-painted swastikas, which police are reportedly investigating as a hate crime.

A university spokesman said the student affairs office and campus police have met with the fraternity to offer support and advice.

When asked about the student senator’s comments, the spokesman said, “Statements by individuals do not reflect a position of the university or the university community as a whole … U.C. Davis is built on a foundation of tolerance and inclusion, and we have an obligation to treat each other with respect and dignity even when we disagree,” the Free Beacon reported.

School Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi also said in a statement that last week’s vote “does not reflect the position of U.C. Davis or the University of California system.”

Still, Noah Pollak, executive director of the Emergency Committee for Israel, says the events last week at the university highlight the danger posed to campuses by the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

“BDS activism, anti-Semitism, swastikas, celebration of terror—these things are found together,” he told the Free Beacon. “The U.C. Davis administration should be deeply alarmed that a member of the student senate has openly endorsed Hamas, a U.S.-designated terrorist organization whose charter calls for the murder of Jews worldwide.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/3/university-of-california-students-chant-allahu-akb/

Nice to see large groups of hamas supporters in western universities.

Selkirk
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Just for the record, directly translated to english, 'Allahu Akhbar' means; 'God is Great'.

And the God that's being referred to, is the God of Abraham.

Mac

recce43
02-04-2015, 11:12 AM
allahu snackbar

Crankbait
02-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Vandalism including racial slur scrawled on blackboard, damaged cars and 31 broken windows across seven buildings during week of 50th anniversary of civil rights March on Washington. August 2013. Source:  Davis Vanguard
• White male adult shouted racial slurs at two pedestrians. April 2013. Source:  UC Davis Crime Alerts C13-0486 Threats
• White male adult yelled racial slurs at couple and kicked in the side of their car. The attacker was with a group of three. Couple used mace in self-defense. April 2013. Source:  Davis Police Daily Activity Log April 23 2013
• Racial slurs spray painted on Sproul Hall. April 2013. Source:  UC Davis Crime Alerts C13-0433 Damage to Property to Violate Civil Rights
• While male adult yelled racial slurs at someone. April 2013. Source:  Davis Police Daily Activity Log April 17 2013
• Man followed someone in a vehicle. When the person stopped, the man in the vehicle yelled a derogatory slur. April 2013. Source:  Davis Police Daily Activity Log April 16 2013
• "KKK" etched onto car hood, October 2012. Source:  Davis Patch

• Swastika burned into a picnic table at Holmes Junior High School, July 2012. Source:  Davis Vanguard

This was the third reported hate incident in 2012; see two entries immediately below this one for the other two.

• Swastika and n-word painted on the I-80 underpass, June 2012. Source:  Davis Vanguard.

These were found just days after the noose incident at DHS; see item immediately below. They were found by Chief Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Raven on his morning run, under the bike and pedestrian underpass connecting UC Davis with South Davis.

• Noose hanging from goalpoast on the Davis High School football field during the Juneteenth celebration in 2012. Source:  Davis Vanguard. (See also  Davis Enterprise).

Juneteeth is an international day celebrating Freedom and Emancipation from slavery, and many people believe that the timing was not accidental. The DPD are investigating.

• Truck with KKK and Confederate flags and military-dressed occupant parked outside International House during an International House event, March 2012. Source:  Davis Patch
• Note stating "KKK Fu## off were full" duct-taped to dorm room door. January 2012. Source:  UC Davis Incident Report C12-0102
• Yellow Veteran's Day ribbon marked "Use this as a noose" during UC Students of Color Conference. Swastika spray-painted on UC Students of Color Conference 'graffiti cube'. November 2011. Source:  California Aggie
• Russian store clerk assaulted. Peter Lloyd Zuniga charged with Felony Assault and hate crime. September 2011. Source:  Davis Enterprise
• Napkin folded into KKK hood taped to wall of Campbell Hall African American themed floor. 2011.  California Aggie
• Derogatory language and images drawn on picture of victim on a Tercero dormitory hallway whiteboard. December 2010.  UC Davis Crime Alerts 121310 Hate Crime; Vandalism
• Two men assaulted people while yelling about the victims' race and sexual orientation. October 2010. Source:  UC Davis Crime Alerts 100510-Hate Crime Update

• Swastikas on campus in 2010. source:  March 16th, 2010 JTA News

A swastika was carved into the door of a UC Davis student's residence hall room and four spray-painted swastikas were found around campus. A protest was held in response to these events (as well as to concerns over budget cuts). A sixth swastika was found carved into a hallway bulletin board in a residence hall; it was discovered after the protest.

• Then there are the everyday incidents of racism in Davis, such as a white woman in front of CVS telling an Asian-American woman to "get out of my country" on 8/14/12.

• Claims of racial profiling by the Davis Police. source:  November 16, 2005 Davis Enterprise

White people make up 70.1 percent of the Davis population, according to 2005 figures, and in 2004 they received 61 percent of the 6,762 traffic citations issued by Davis police, Hyde reported. Hispanic people comprise 9.6 percent of the population and were issued 14 percent of the citations.

African Americans make up 2.3 percent of the population and were issued 5 percent of the traffic citations. Asian people comprise 17.7 percent of the population and were given 16 percent of the tickets. People whose race was unknown by officers were given 4 percent of the citations.

But, when comparing traffic citations with total population, the statistics appear to show that 9 percent of Davis' white residents were cited in 2004, 15.1 percent of Davis' Hispanics were, 9.4 percent of Davis' Asian people were and 23.4 percent of local African Americans were.

Those conclusions, however, do not take into account the possibility of repeat offenders or people who do not live in Davis.

Among Davis residents, the data appears to show that 4.7 percent of Davis' white residents were cited, 5.6 percent of Hispanics, 4.6 percent of Asians and 9 percent of African Americans.

•  Hate-motivated vandalism: 2003

On October 26, 2003, four young people tagged with graffiti and threw more than 10 dozen eggs at the cars of an openly gay man, Robert Russell, and that of an African American family. Witnesses who reportedly heard the youngsters shouting racist and homophobic slurs led police to the arrest of a 16-year old Davis High student who refused to cooperate and was later offered a plea bargain by the District Attorney.

•  Attacks on Asians: 1999

While arranging rocks at the Yolo Causeway levee, members of a Sac State Asian American sorority are assaulted with threats and racial slurs by a group of white male members of a UC Davis fraternity. Later in the month, 15 white males affiliated with Kappa Sigma fraternity broke into an apartment and assaulted five Korean Americans, calling them "chinks" and ransacking the apartment. Then in December, a fight broke out at the levee between at least 70 members of Kappa Sigma and three Asian American fraternities — students reported that the frat guys pushed one Asian student, saying, "Get off the hill, chink." Campus officials attribute this to "drinking" rather than racism, and dealt with these attacks as "private, individual matters."  Revolutionary Worker #1109, July 1, 2001

• Seven white students appeared in KKK robes during a Davis High School pep rally in 1978. Source:  Davis Vanguard scan of Third World Forum.

The group included members of the football team. In addition to the Klan robes, they were carrying ropes.

• Graffiti painted over murals on the UC Davis campus. Source: Berry, Margaret J. 1997.  Hate crime hits campus. The California Aggie (March 31, 1997), p. 1.

•  City Resolution Opposing Return of Japanese to Coastal Areas: 1943

On June 21 1943, Mayor CA Covell proposed and the Davis City Council unanimously and officially protested return of "Japs to the coastal areas of the Pacific" and sent this resolution to US Senators Hiram Johnson and Sheridan Downey, Representative Leroy Johnson and President Franklin D. Roposevelt. The Davis Enterprise supported this position, stating in the June 25 issue, "If It's For the Good of Davis the Enterprise Is For It." The Council commended the internment and urged amendment of national laws to prohibit the return of Japanese. Resolution No. 1 Series 1943 declared:

WHEREAS

the City Council of the City of Davis

believing further that a return of said Japanese Nationals to the State of California, after cessation of hostilities, should be prevented by enactment or amendment of the laws of the United States of America;

NOW THEREFORE, the City Council of the City of Davis, hereby commend the action of said Military Authorities in evacuating said Japanese Nationals and hereby urge such legislation or amendment of the laws of the United States of America as will prevent the return of said evacuees after cessation of hostilities.

• On December 21, 1940, the annual Faculty Club Goose Stew at the old UC Davis Recreation Hall featured a blackface minstrel show for the evening's entertainment. (Lofland, John. Davis: Radical Changes, Deep Constants. 2004. pg. 118.)
• On January 26, 1940, a group of white store owners requested that the city council disallow the opening of a grocery store that was to be owned and operated by Asian Americans. There was a belief that the Asian Americans would work longer hours for less money, thus potentially putting the less competitive and less industrious white American grocers in jeopardy. The council stated that they could not create a law to specifically ban the Asian grocers, but they compromised by establishing an ordinance that restricted the hours a grocery store could be open. The ordinance specifically exempted every other type of business from such restrictions, thereby emphasizing the racism underlying such an action. (Lofland, John. Davis: Radical Changes, Deep Constants. 2004. pg. 117.)

HalfBreed
02-04-2015, 11:34 AM
^^ That right there is a lot of hate.^^

KGB
02-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Found this interesting video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9J_WDmrt0
Watch it, it is only 3 min long. Watch how the girl finally answered the question if she support Hamas or Hezbollah. Is in a perfect case for a home grown terrorists? What kid of GOOD can this person bring or do for the country? To my likening, this should be a one way ticket out. DEPORTATION. YOU want the Sharyia law - plane is waiting for you! Beheading - no problem! I will pay for your cab ride to the airport.

fish_e_o
02-04-2015, 01:17 PM
their loss
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCAR_Metalworking
we deal with this company they are world leaders

owned by warren buffet now

GWN
02-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Davis is a cloistered little 'progressive' hive, they inhabit a parallel universe and are akin to lemmings following whichever piper is the flavor of the day.Unfortunately, the current one is Islamofascism.

Of course we are talking about bat-**** crazy California which tends to temper the importance of their little progressive social movement. What is truly amazing is that they pride themselves on how enlightened they are while totally immersing themselves in a repressive medieval value structure.

Hopefully the San Andreas slips and washes them out to sea sooner rather than later and the last few sane Californians move out of state before that happens

connexion123
02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Just for the record, directly translated to english, 'Allahu Akhbar' means; 'God is Great'.

Mac

No it IS not.

Sheesh, you are confused

CNP
02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
No it IS not.

Sheesh, you are confused

Islam teaches that God is the same god worshipped by the members of other Abrahamic religions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religion) such as Christianity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity) and Judaism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism) (29:46 (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/029-qmt.php#029.046)).[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Abrahamic_religions#cite_note-Peters1-20) This is not universally accepted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Islam) by non-Muslims, as Islam denies the divinity of Jesus Christ as a son of God, Islam views that God does not have any offsprings or descendants, he created all things including prophets such as Jesus Christ. Most Muslims today believe that the religion of Abraham (which now split into Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are of one source, which is The Almighty God.

rugatika
02-04-2015, 02:48 PM
allahua akhbar, literally translated means "Oh sweet mother of mercy, I hope my dangly bits don't get left in the corner of the room, when I am transported to the next life to claim my prize(s)."

masalma
02-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Watch it, it is only 3 min long. Watch how the girl finally answered the question if she support Hamas or Hezbollah. Is in a perfect case for a home grown terrorists? What kid of GOOD can this person bring or do for the country? To my likening, this should be a one way ticket out. DEPORTATION. YOU want the Sharyia law - plane is waiting for you! Beheading - no problem! I will pay for your cab ride to the airport.

That girl was an idiot. I am a Muslim an hezbullah is a terrorist organization motivated by political gains. She has no idea what she is talking about.

On a different note don't forget that one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Sometimes certain groups are labeled as terrorist organizations due to political influences, so I prefer to do my own research and study before following political leaders blindly and I believe everyone should do that.

rugatika
02-04-2015, 03:22 PM
That girl was an idiot. I am a Muslim an hezbullah is a terrorist organization motivated by political gains. She has no idea what she is talking about.

On a different note don't forget that one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Sometimes certain groups are labeled as terrorist organizations due to political influences, so I prefer to do my own research and study before following political leaders blindly and I believe everyone should do that.

I think that anyone that uses terrorism to advance their agenda (whatever that may be) is a terrorist.

molly
02-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I think that anyone that uses terrorism to advance their agenda (whatever that may be) is a terrorist.

Yep.

twofifty
02-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Davis is a cloistered little 'progressive' hive, they inhabit a parallel universe and are akin to lemmings following whichever piper is the flavor of the day.Unfortunately, the current one is Islamofascism.

Of course we are talking about bat-**** crazy California which tends to temper the importance of their little progressive social movement. What is truly amazing is that they pride themselves on how enlightened they are while totally immersing themselves in a repressive medieval value structure.

Hopefully the San Andreas slips and washes them out to sea sooner rather than later and the last few sane Californians move out of state before that happens

lol. This sht is funny.

score
02-04-2015, 03:36 PM
allahua akhbar, literally translated means "oh sweet mother of mercy, i hope my dangly bits don't get left in the corner of the room, when i am transported to the next life to claim my prize(s)."

lmao. :)

score
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Yeah, I'm not buying this justification talk...

Deo101
02-04-2015, 03:45 PM

So is the United States Army Terrorists? Drone and airstrikes seem a lot like a terrorist act and they are trying to fulfill an agenda?

Don't get me wrong, I'm on our side and Radical Islam has no place in this world but it is true that one mans Terrorist is another's Freedom Fighter.

Since "Terrorist" became the catch phrase I've struggled with what really defines a terrorist. By def it is someone who uses terrorism for political gains. Basically what you said...The definition of Terrorism is the use of terror for politcal gains. You could just about throw any violent or threatening action ever by any group/country etc into the "Terrorist" group.

Also I refuse to be Terrorized so therefore I don't even like giving these scum that title.

rugatika
02-04-2015, 03:51 PM
So is the United States Army Terrorists? .

No.

KGB
02-04-2015, 03:55 PM

Oh I don't think she is an idiot!!! She is smart enough to get into the university. And she knows exactly what she is standing for. She said it cristal clear right at the end. So here is the deal:
Firefighter fight the fire
Bullfighter fights the bull
Freedom fighter fights ..... Well, you get the picture....

Crankbait
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM
No.

never?

Grizzly Adams
02-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Mac

Same guy, so you gotta wonder where the Hate comes from ? :confused:

Grizz

rugatika
02-04-2015, 04:10 PM
never?

Go ahead with your list. I know it's eating you up inside.

Crankbait
02-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Go ahead with your list. I know it's eating you up inside.

no list from me, you're well read, you know.

pikergolf
02-04-2015, 04:21 PM

I've seen that bovine on a few other videos, that's all I can say. :mad0030:

bison
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM

In your case that can only be Muhamed :thinking-006:
Bad choice

masalma
02-04-2015, 06:07 PM
In your case that can only be Muhamed :thinking-006:
Bad choice

Wow I am impressed. You seemed to know more about me than myself. Must watch a lot of Fox news :)

jtiwana
02-04-2015, 07:07 PM
:party0052: