PDA

View Full Version : AO Items for Sale via Facebook: BEWARE!

dumoulin
02-04-2015, 05:28 PM
So I just got off the phone with Fish & Wildlife. When the gentleman presented himself, I thought I won some sort of draw! Much to my displeasure, it wasn't such a call. In fact, it was an investigation on a AO member selling animal parts (or even the whole thing...I don't know).

At first I was confused as to why he would call me about that and then it all made sense. I had responded to an AO ad on Facebook. A member was selling a beer for 2500$ and it came with a "ram". I honestly thought buddy was selling an old dodge and never clued in that he wasn't. Anyhow, I didn't buy anything from him and left it at that. That's what the call was about. I guess buddy was selling a beer bottle and the "ram" came with it. The agent very respectfuly indicated section 141 subsection 1 of the Fish and Wildlife Act.

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting this is to simply make you and others aware to carefully read how ads are written and how you respond to them. Make NO assumptions. This could get you in hot water unintentionally. I also hope the AO member realizes this (selling game or parts of game illegitimately) was unlawful.

Im just glad we cleared the air! The last thing I want is to unknowingly be part of some illegal activity. I have waaaaay too much to lose!

blgoodbrand1
02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Not to be jerk but this post could possibly affect the investigation? And yes it's always good to be inside

dumoulin
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Not to be jerk but this post could possibly affect the investigation? And yes it's always good to be inside

No. I beleive they have what they need already. The call to me was out of courtesy. If they really thought I was involved, they would have come in person.

BRaw, what do you mean by:"...it's always good to be inside."?

blgoodbrand1
02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Haha sorry. I meant "onside" as in within the law. I've been inside way to much this winter...

dumoulin
02-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Haha sorry. I meant "onside" as in within the law. I've been inside way to much this winter...

Too funny. I also typoed. I meant to say BTW. Lol

slickwilly
02-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Was he selling it for the horns? I can't imagine anyone is interested in 250/lb mutton. I didn't realize that there was that much of a market for bone out there.
Seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a trophy room.

dumoulin
02-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Was he selling it for the horns? I can't imagine anyone is interested in 250/lb mutton. I didn't realize that there was that much of a market for bone out there.
Seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a trophy room.

I don't know. Like I said, I though it was a dodge truck. I'm now under the impression he may have been selling either a mount or the horns. As you mentioned, mutton may be a low selling item. Either way, I'm pretty turned of by the whole thing and ta, it would defeat the purpose of a trophy room.

Kim473
02-05-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm sure big brother is watching all of us more than we know or think.

Matt L.
02-05-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm sure big brother is watching all of us more than we know or think.

F&W have been lurking on this board for a long time. I'm quite sure they monitor the other one as well.

dumoulin
02-05-2015, 12:24 PM
F&W have been lurking on this board for a long time. I'm quite sure they monitor the other one as well.

I'm sure of that as well, but that can be a good thing, right?

Matt L.
02-05-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm sure of that as well, but that can be a good thing, right?

Yep, I wasn't griping just stating a fact.