PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a fishing hut

polar_rmk
02-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Bought a fishing hut (Rapala) for 3 persons.
Last weekend 2 plastic poles inside the hat got cracked and broken each into 2 pieces.
By now I fixed them with a duck tape, can I get any replacement poles somewhere?
Thanks for any ideas guys, please understand tent is almost brand- new and I paid around 300 bucks for it.

Jack&7
02-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Best bet:

I read your title thread and I was totally baffled...I had to click it.
Now that I know you are trying to fix a hut instead of a hat, Go to Canadian Tire.

By the automotive section, they have driveway marker poles. Varying lengths and thicknesses. Find one that matches your diameter of pole in your tent and make sure it is long enough.

Go home...cut it to length using a cutoff wheel on the angle grinder (nice and clean...no shards!...they hurt like hell under the skin so be careful.)

carefully twist the broken ends out of the hubs on your tent by using locking pliers on the busted pole. use just enough force to bust the epoxy...clean out the hole, then insert new cut pole and re-epoxy it in there.

Voila...you're good as new.

polar_rmk
02-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks buddy, one more question please.
Removing broken poles seems to be a problem, cuse of epoxy. Would you suggest to heat up junction before removing or heating doesnt soften the epoxy?
BTW, I fixed my typos, sorry for that

PerchBuster
02-05-2015, 07:27 AM
If you bought that this year I would attempt to take it back for an exchange. If unable to do that you might find a place that sells the replacements online. It happened to me and I was able to buy a set online for my Ice Cube tent. My other suggestion would be to cut them just slightly shorter than they were before. Often they break because everything is just too tight. I cut mine a bit shorter like maybe 1/4", and has been good ever since.

Jamie Black R/T
02-05-2015, 10:23 AM
please understand tent is almost brand- new and I paid around 300 bucks for it.

where did you buy it? Id take it back and try to find an Eskimo tent.

ATF
02-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Write or email the manufacturer. Often times they'll send you replacement parts free even after warranty is out. You have nothing to lose.

chriscosta
02-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Go to campers village they make tent poles

muzzy
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I've replaced lots of poles in my hunting blinds Go to the manufactures website of your tent or call their customer care they may have replacement poles available or check out the hunting blind manufacturers ( maybe compare your fish tent hub/pole set up to hunting blind hub/pole set up in cabela's if they are same look on their website for replacement parts. Poles can be a bit shorter with no issue to setting up tent, Yes to get broken ends out of metal ends I headed with propane torch and pulled out and in some cases drilled them out. As stated careful with any broken chards where glasses and gloves
Gord

polar_rmk
02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys, I bought tent at Whole Sport more then 2 years ago, so I have some doubt if they going to exchange it. Well, its is still brand new because I used it only once.
BTW hunt made by Rapala.
Rapala's dealers
http://www.rapala.ca/rapala-stores
Oh, my god there are too many of them.
Shell I call to Whole Sport where I just bought it?

cube
02-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Bought a fishing hut (Rapala) for 3 persons.
Last weekend 2 plastic poles inside the hat got cracked and broken each into 2 pieces.
By now I fixed them with a duck tape, can I get any replacement poles somewhere?
Thanks for any ideas guys, please understand tent is almost brand- new and I paid around 300 bucks for it.

First call Rapala and see if they will send you replacements for free. I have an Easton ice cube that is probably 10 years old (Easton does not make ice fishing tents any more either) brock 1 pole last year called them up told them which model and voila new poles send to me in 5 days NO charge. So it's worth a call.

If that does not work Campers village used to sell extra tent poles so I wold give them a call and see.

Good luck to you.

CK Angler
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I bought an Eskimo tent years ago from the fishin hole, broke a couple poles just last week, called them up and asked to buy replacement poles. They sent me TWO complete hub assemblies free of charge as a warranty replacemnt. Showed up two days after I called the edm depot and I'm in ft mac. A++ customer service!

polar_rmk
02-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Well understood thanks guys, I am going to upper k. Tomorrow time to go to bed