PDA

View Full Version : Jaw Jackers at Cabelas

OuttKastt
02-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Hi guys and gals. I was at Cabelas last night and they just got a shipment of Jaw Jackers in. Looks like they have over 30 of them and sell for $45.

I also have a question. I am heading to Cold Lake this weekend and was wondering what a person would put on a Jaw Jacker for Lake Trout. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

huntingaddict
02-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Hi guys and gals. I was at Cabelas last night and they just got a shipment of Jaw Jackers in. Looks like they have over 30 of them and sell for $45.

I also have a question. I am heading to Cold Lake this weekend and was wondering what a person would put on a Jaw Jacker for Lake Trout. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Anti freeze. The suck in the cold

NEWB
02-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Trout have really soft mouths..

ineptflux
02-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Trout have really soft mouths..

JJs have settings to lessen the initial hook set force. That being said I was using them a few weekends ago in the dark with bait at CL, all my bigger fish came during the night on them and then as the sun came up jigging became more effective again.

linger
02-05-2015, 12:06 PM
As soon as i saw them i realized there flaws:) they are only good in warm weather. i have designed my own with no proublems. with it had it out in minus 20 with no issues.

OuttKastt
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM
JJs have settings to lessen the initial hook set force. That being said I was using them a few weekends ago in the dark with bait at CL, all my bigger fish came during the night on them and then as the sun came up jigging became more effective again.

What kind of hook were you using with the bait?

Mark
02-05-2015, 01:46 PM
I was at BassPro yesterday and they had them also for about the same price. Just a note for the Southern AB boy who don't have access to Cabelas.

Thanks in advance!

Moefoe
02-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Tried them first at Chestermere, small Pike good success! Crawling Valley with nibbling Walleye not so much, maybe 20% hookup rate, maybe! Newell this weekend see how they do with bigger fish!

Soiler
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Anyone tried me for a light biter like whites? I'm not convinced that they'd work very well for the light takes.

crf250xtom
02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't know why people say they don't work good in the cold I was using them in minus 30 the other day they worked fine.

WildCats
02-05-2015, 04:15 PM
They function just fine in the cold, it's when the trigger mechanism gets wet they become useless.

WC

linger
02-05-2015, 06:18 PM
sorry guys thats what i ment if the trigger mec gets wet i dosen't work very well:)

PerchBuster
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Spray a little Pam or vegetable oil on the mech, reapply as needed iand you'll have less hastle in the cold :fighting0030:

cube
02-06-2015, 09:26 AM

A reel with a lot of line.