PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to buy this?

gdbugs
02-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm looking for this rock guard. Don't want anything that has to do with fabric crap. Anyone know where to get it? Much appreciated.

spyguy 0-0-7
02-08-2015, 02:36 PM
These are manufactured in Saskatoon.

66spitfire
02-08-2015, 03:21 PM
If you do more research, you may find out there is advantages to fabric style rock guards. They cause the rocks to drop rather than ricochet back to the boat when they bounce in between boat and rock guard. this also goes for the string like mudflaps used when hauling boats as opposed to hard rubber flaps. Check it out, then talk to people who have drove the Alaska highway lots.....:snapoutofit:

curtis_rak
02-08-2015, 08:38 PM
My last boat/trailer had the fabric type of gravel guard, and my new one will have the same as soon as I get around to ordering it for the upcoming season. Will go with either Rockgard or BowBuddy.

I had really good luck with it. It protected the boat hull and the air flows through it nicely when your towing and no rocks flying back at my truck.

Just my 0.02cents and personal opinion

gdbugs
02-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Tried the fabric one's. My fishing trip is 1200KM of mining roads and the fabric one's don't even make it half way. They get totally shredded. I'm sure they work great on the highway for the occasional rock though

EZM
02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
If you do more research, you may find out there is advantages to fabric style rock guards. They cause the rocks to drop rather than ricochet back to the boat when they bounce in between boat and rock guard. this also goes for the string like mudflaps used when hauling boats as opposed to hard rubber flaps. Check it out, then talk to people who have drove the Alaska highway lots.....:snapoutofit:

I nominate this post for a reverse roe-sham-boe.