PDA

View Full Version : -21C at Gull yesterday, but what a ride!!

goose
02-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Hello all, it was very cold at Gull yesterday but when you have a day off to go fishing you go fishing!! We had a great time on the ice at Brownlows. We caught and released 2 nice big fat walleye, one at 3 pounds and the other around 5 pounds. The pike were also hammering our lines. We lost three big ones and landed 6 others, the biggest was around 5 pounds. Now for the best part the perch were on fire yesterday we easily caught 40-50 perch and took home a nice limit each of 10 inch plus fish. The perch believe it or not were taking whole minnows on an orange straight hook using a slip bobber or any type of chartruese green glow jig with a whole minnow. We went through two tubs of minnows!!!

I hope everyone gets a chance to get out fishing soon and re-charge the batteries like I did yesterday!

cheers
Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

flint guy
02-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Sounds like a great time. Glad you had a re charge, seems there is some cabin fever recently. Any pics? I live vicariously through others...

allenford
02-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Hello all, it was very cold at Gull yesterday but when you have a day off to go fishing you go fishing!! We had a great time on the ice at Brownlows. We caught and released 2 nice big fat walleye, one at 3 pounds and the other around 5 pounds. The pike were also hammering our lines. We lost three big ones and landed 6 others, the biggest was around 5 pounds. Now for the best part the perch were on fire yesterday we easily caught 40-50 perch and took home a nice limit each of 10 inch plus fish. The perch believe it or not were taking whole minnows on an orange straight hook using a slip bobber or any type of chartruese green glow jig with a whole minnow. We went through two tubs of minnows!!!

I hope everyone gets a chance to get out fishing soon and re-charge the batteries like I did yesterday!

cheers

Congrats for the catch! BTW how was the snow and "road" by Brownlows? thx

goose
02-09-2015, 09:20 AM
The snow was about 8" deep my friend drove his cat around with no problems and we travelled all over.

1bluZebec
02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
This ice must be good if you can drive a cat on the ice. Lol and 8" of snow isn't enough for a cat to worry about either. Surprised you didn't just use a car lol

goose
02-09-2015, 10:14 AM
wow I wish I had a cat hahahaha, but my friend used his car,
Goose

d bowhunter
02-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Hi there i would like to thank Goose for all his advice nice when people dont get all bent out of shape when you ask for help, perhaps i can return the favor some day thanks so much Goose take care.

allenford
02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
The snow was about 8" deep my friend drove his cat around with no problems and we travelled all over.

Thanks goose

Garry B
02-11-2015, 12:59 PM
wow I wish I had a cat hahahaha, but my friend used his car,
Goose

My cat is a van :) so I hope I'll be able to get around with it. I haven't been out this year so looking forward to trying on Sunday. I hope it won't snow between then and now. Thank you for posting.

Adwittoutdoors
02-11-2015, 09:39 PM
So a front wheel drive suv can drive around on the ice easily ? I bringing a few newbie's out fishing on Monday and would like to make a good impression ie: by not shovelling. LOL

fish gunner
02-11-2015, 09:54 PM
So a front wheel drive suv can drive around on the ice easily ? I bringing a few newbie's out fishing on Monday and would like to make a good impression ie: by not shovelling. LOL

If weather holds a front drive suv should be fine at brownlows . Out side of that you starting to push your luck .imo good luck .

ctown
02-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Very cool to see a real report. Thanks.

wildwoods
02-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Nice day! Any pics? Love the success!

goose
02-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I am too to figure out how to put up pictures, sorry.
goose

TJG
02-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Well, with the little snownGull got this week and the wind, the drifts are pretty deep now. Got stuck too many times yesterday, 4X4 only if you want to move around the lake, sorry. And to the DB that passed me, within 20 feet, as I was stuck,I hope ur newer chev 1/2 ton dont break down and you need help, just remember what you did to me.

Adwittoutdoors
02-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone , much appreciated. 👍😃

yoteblaster
02-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Am going out all day tomorrow, been close to 2 weeks since I,ve been out. Hopefully snow is not too deep. Last few times fishing has been awesome

CanadianBadass
02-12-2015, 03:33 PM

cheers

Very believable, that's what most fish feed on ! I see gull perch eating minnows all the time, its what I use mostly there !
Congrats on your day !