PDA

View Full Version : Any info on EAGLE Lake by Strathmore?

taipan
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello all, just wondering if any one has any information to share about Eagle Lake by Strathmore? Went out there today, ice was 9-10", no fish. Fished on the west side by the Nursery. Any info would be great.

hosmerunited
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
i have fished several areas around the lake with getting fish everywhere i try but not every time i go. not a bad place to get some action. just be careful of the the preassure crack that is usually near the upper end. have yet to go this year.

Flip
12-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I was thinking about giving it a try for some Perch. I dont think it gets much fishing pressure. I'll report back if it's any good.

Triple Threat
12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Used to be not bad lake for pike a few years ago, but now if you like sitting on the ice with no action it is a great place to go. Fishing has gone down hill at this lake. If you can I would to pine lake, if close to the same distance. Just me 2 cents.

Winch101
12-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I musnt know where Pine Lake is ... TT are you saying Pine is as far as Eagle from Calgary ... ?

Thanks W101

SuCraM
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
No eagle is a little over a half hour to drive there. Pine is a little over an hour but worth the drive because fishing at Eagle absolutely sucks and Pine is pretty decent in the winter.

taipan
12-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys thats some good information. I was on Eagle Lake a couple of years ago doing some sampling for work with gill nets. I was pretty suprised when i pulled my nets and had 18 walleyes and almost twice the pike. The walleyes ranged from 2-4 lbs. I remember setting my nets in the middle of the lake. I just thought this year i should punch a couple of holes there.. Any body have any luck with the walleyes here??