PDA

View Full Version : LLB or NBL??

gloszz
02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Hello again everyone!

Just doing my survey again for my own self ( and others if needed). I will be heading out with my little brother and cousin to either North Buck Lake or Lac La Biche, but not sure which is better. I primarily want to target whitefish, since Gull is always packed when I go. Please let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

gloszz
02-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Seems like many people like reading but not contributing.

Randyandkim
02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Sorry I'm not much help, but I can say that the fishing in North buck has been getting worse over time, so hasn't he lake itself, pretty shallow. Caught 5 smaller pike last time out. Never been to la biche.

LCCFisherman
02-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Seems obvious.. LLB

PerchBuster
02-11-2015, 07:27 AM
The last few falls and winters they have been netting on North Buck. Used to see lots of whites on the camera but haven't seen any this year. No burbot either. Seems like only some small pike and small Perch left in there. LLB is a huge lake in comparison so if you can find a good spot you might have better luck there. Maybe even tie in to a monster Walleye there. North Buck is definitely on the decline, needs a few years to recover I think.

Kim473
02-11-2015, 07:42 AM
LLB , IMO. not sure about whites but eyes and perch if you can find them.

spoons
02-11-2015, 07:42 AM
North buck is not the best lake to get some action. Was great many years ago and Powder lake just down the road was a hidden gem. Powder is done but you will get action at LLB.

SNAPFisher
02-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Seems like many people like reading but not contributing.

Love the feeling of entitlement do you?

You will find lots of whites in all NB1 lakes. Just a whole lot less pressure both numbers of anglers and how many target them. I find a lot from that area to be wormy so it could be the case in LLB. LLB is a huge lake and probably worth your time figuring it out. Best of luck and report back....

Habfan
02-11-2015, 07:04 PM
A buddy of mine said he was catching whites in the second bay to the north ! :) I won't be up that way for a couple weeks so didn't get to involved.

gloszz
02-11-2015, 08:19 PM
So if I decide to go to lac la biche, what would be a good place to visit since lake is big and have no clue where to find what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

chriscosta
02-12-2015, 08:23 PM
The big point or by the peninsula the two main drop offs