PDA

View Full Version : Best bet for getting on the ice with truck!

Stryker2
02-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I have tomorrow afternoon to go fishing somewhere within an hour of Edmonton!
I have a 4x4 Dodge Ram, can any of you guys give me any ideas where I might be able to get onto the ice with the recent snowfall? If you were me where would you go?.. I need to get out there! I have cabin fever!:sHa_shakeshout: Any help much appreciated.

chriscosta
02-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Honestly i know you probky expected this answer but if i were you id go to wab its an hr away gaurunteed easy road onto the lake and youll more than likely catch somethin if ya wanna try for keepers give wizard lake a go ...good luck

chriscosta
02-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Or lac ste anne is close too

EZM
02-11-2015, 07:56 PM
I don't think you will have any problems whatsoever the amount of snowfall we have had with a pickup. You will likely be able to get around without too much trouble. Most lakes have numerous access points ..... boat launches, etc...

Bring a shovel anyways ..... always a good idea to throw one in the box when going out on the ice.

Stryker2
02-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah I think I might try Lac Ste Anne just because it's close and I only have half a day. I would think there would be some good tracks from the main boat launch by now. Thanks for the ideas it's really helping make up my mind. :)

Stryker2
02-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Well I went there today for the afternoon. Got on no problem at Yellowstone, not all that much for snow I was actually surprised! Went and fished by the weed point in about 12-16 FOW. Moved a couple of times, had a bite from small jack that got tangled in the camera cable and got off! LOL! Then I saw a couple of perch when I was jigging for walleye or jack. Saw a small walleye that wasn't interested! :thinking-006: But it was beautiful out and I didn't care that I got skunked again!:sHa_shakeshout:

chriscosta
02-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Hey right on so there is some perch left in there good to hear ya had a good day tight lines