PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Slave Lake

tiger woods
02-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Anyone know how the bite has been lately?

Mike_W
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
It was slow on the weekend where we were in rented shack at Joussard but I think our shacks were too shallow as we picked up the odd mid day fish but dusk and dawn transition periods were the most productive....if you can even call it that.

tiger woods
02-12-2015, 04:05 PM
It was slow on the weekend where we were in rented shack at Joussard but I think our shacks were too shallow as we picked up the odd mid day fish but dusk and dawn transition periods were the most productive....if you can even call it that.

Thanks for the response, Mike. I plan on punching a bunch of holes in hopes of getting on them and staying on them. How deep was the snow cover?

outdoors forever
02-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Its been hit and miss.

I went out with my daughters mid - day a while back

( check out my thread here http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=244790 )

and it was surprisingly good around 1 - 2:30.

I've had a couple REALLY good evenings from about 4 - 5:30, but I've also had some brutally slow afternoons too.

But I can honestly say I have NEVER been skunked yet this season, always at least a couple.

I am fishing in about 22 - 28 feet of water.

tiger woods
02-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Its been hit and miss.

I went out with my daughters mid - day a while back

( check out my thread here http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=244790 )

and it was surprisingly good around 1 - 2:30.

I've had a couple REALLY good evenings from about 4 - 5:30, but I've also had some brutally slow afternoons too.

But I can honestly say I have NEVER been skunked yet this season, always at least a couple.

I am fishing in about 22 - 28 feet of water.

Good stuff, great to see the young ladies get on the ice with dad. The smiles speak volumes, pretty obvious that they had a good time out there with you. They must be seasoned veterans by now!

How's the snow cover, can I get around in my half ton? You guys having to use extensions on the augers yet? I'm heading that way in a few hours, can't wait to get the lines wet.

Enjoy the long weekend. Cheers

Mike_W
02-13-2015, 11:12 AM
No extension needed if you are not in a shack, snow varies as it is drifted up in places some areas none some areas 2 feet ....you should be fine in a half ton.