PDA

View Full Version : Dolberg Lake

fisherkarin
02-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Hello All :) Has anyone been out lately? I finally have a couple days off (in a row) next week and would really like to chew some ice with my new auger that I got from Santa :) Pretty pitiful listening to it running in the garage lol! just working too much and haven't had enough time off to enjoy hard fishing :) I've had pretty good luck at Dolberg over the years and a nice rainbow, beer battered, would be splendid!
Any advice greatly appreciated :D

Happy Hooking lol!!

Mercoal
03-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Am heading to Dolberg tommorow to try. First time for me, but one buddy has been lots of times and other buddy first time as well. Will report back ! Will have blue quad on ice if can't get on with Black Chevy Diesel 3/4.

Mercoal
03-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Well, went with a buddy on Monday. Got to lake around 8 AM. Only two other guys on lake. Approach was icy but it was -8C and sloppy surface on ice had frozen up. Checked an old hole and about 18 - 22" of ice so drove 3/4 truck on. Other guys turned right from boat launch and fished in shallow water in bay, about 4 - 5 feet.

We first set up and fished for a couple of hours to left of Boat Launch in about 5 feet of water where it drops deep quickly. Used everything, but can't see down the hole past about 1 foot from the bottom of ice - water really murky and brown - like run off.

Drove over to where other 2 guys were in 1 truck, buddy had pulled a nice 2.5lb Rainbow, using 1/2 worm and 1/2 shrimp. We tried a couple of hours in this area, towards dock again - nothing. Water super murky again. Moved to about 70 yards past the other two guys, further from them and the dock, and finally the water was clear and you could see bottom in about 5 - 6 feet of water. Fished here the rest of the day and used all sorts of bait and presentations - didn't see 1 fish !!

THe other two guys pulled out 4 more, so 5 between the two of them. The other 4 Rainbows were about 1. - 1.5 lbs. They left around 3 PM.

Nice Lake, but wow.... we had the lake to ourselves after 3 PM and thought we would have better luck. Will be back someday, Trout are there, we didn't have any luck though !

Still about 18" of ice, but it is starting to get crunchy and softer while drilling with Auger. Maybe 1 more week, then probably quads and snowmobiles for a while.

Bobby B.
03-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Dolberg was a productive fishery in years past but it's pretty much all over now. You want to catch trout, go to Carson.

Bobby

chriscosta
03-24-2015, 11:44 PM
Is it open all year ?? I wanna hit it when the ice first breaks up and melts weve always had a descent time there in the summer

YeeHaw
03-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Just as its starting to freeze up is the best time on that lake