PDA

View Full Version : 250 Utility ATV

Pappy in AB
03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672995&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=166979&bmUID=1174231852437&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443289563&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true (http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672995&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=166979&bmUID=1174231852437&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443289563&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true)

There is a lot of script in that link! Canadian Tire 229CC 2WD ATV. Does anyone own one of these? Comments?

csw1
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I looked at these quite closely. They seem to be the exactly the same as my 96 Yamaha timberwolf with the model numbers removed. My theory is that when Yamaha switched to their new Grizzly platform, they decided to sell their Timberwolves as an aftermarket.

I paid $4900 new in 96 for the exact same thing you can buy todfay at canadian Tire for $3500.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the same machine to me.

WCTHEMI
03-19-2007, 05:58 PM
They may be alright for light use, but I would be wary of the possible problems getting parts and accessories for them.

Rookie Recurve
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I would agree. Parts are usually a bit of a nightmare with these 'knockoff' quads. Ever had to deal with crappytire? Can be frustrationg to say the least. Better off buying a lighly used model of a reputable brand. Look how many Honda trikes are still around today! Thats gotta say something. I know people who bought the kids versions (90cc) and they were total junk!

Pappy in AB
03-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys...

Chevy 454
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
We bought one last summer,no regrets. I have rode it some and the kids have put over 800 km. on it. Runs like a top and starts real good, even -10 deg. Bought mine in Red Deer and Ivan's Cycle is the warranty spot. I talked to him and he assured me no problem getting parts.

..Al.

Pappy in AB
03-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Had to buy one......................bought a 2000lb winch for it as well.....not being 4WD a little insurance is nice to have. $3000 (on sale now) hard to pass on when a 250 Honda 2WD goes for $6000+.

Rookie Recurve
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Keep us all informed. Some of those 'knockoffs' are alright. I am really curious myself.

Chevy 454
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
How was it to mount a winch, much trouble?

Al.

grandzillaa
03-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I was thinking about one of them, and I would have done what you did...put a winch on it. I was thinking front and back. I am also looking at a Jianshe 250 as will. This is all I need for what I want to use it for. You can pull just over 700lbs with a 250 Jianshe. Or I may get a Dune Buggie/ Go Kart with racks on them.

Frames suck...
03-26-2007, 12:54 AM
They use cheap recycled metal everywhere. I have seen those things literally rusting outside the stores. Not high quality parts that go into them. Get a list of some of the materials and compare them to whats out there. Cheap materials = Cheap product, keep that in mind. This applies for alot of products, how many guys would skimp out on their rifle? or their pickup? or their bullets?

2blue
03-26-2007, 02:05 AM
I have checked into every china quad out there and the only true ones i can find are these,,,Jianshe Group

Motorcycle Companies Establish Joint Venture

The nation's economic hub Thursday became the site of a joint venture marketing company between Japanese motorcycle manufacturer Yamaha and its long-time Chinese partner Jianshe Group.

Speaking at the launch of the venture, Yamaha Motor Corporation representative managing director Takashi Kajikawa, said the new Shanghai Yamaha Jianshe Motor Marketing Co Ltd will be responsible for nationwide Yamaha-branded motorcycles sales, as well as relevant after sales services and accessory sales.

Yamaha originally had two joint ventures in China, Jianshe Yamaha in Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, which was set up in 1992, and Nanfang Yamaha in Zhuzhou, in Central China's Hunan Province, established in 1993.

Although the two companies produce the same brand motorcycles, they have separate nationwide sales facilities.

The new company in Shanghai, with a registered capital of US$4 million, is regarded as the country's first motorcycle sales joint venture, combining the sales networks of Yamaha's two joint ventures and will function as Yamaha motorcycles sales center in China, according to company sources.

The previous two joint ventures in Chongqing and Zhuzhou will now just focus on production, it was revealed at the press conference.

The new company aims to develop 2,500 sales agents across the country by 2006, helping it secure a 20 percent share of the nation's total motorcycle sales, according to sources at the joint venture.

The establishment of the sales company came only weeks after Jianshe Group became Yamaha's sole strategic partner in China.

Jianshe Group, which runs a joint venture with Yamaha in Chongqing, last month paid 280 million yuan (US$33.8 million) in the deal to take a 50 percent stake in the Japanese firm's other joint venture from its Chinese side, according to Chen Yongqiang, general manager of Jianshe Group.

"We have decided to strengthen our co-operation with Yamaha in a deeper and broader way; we believe the expense (US$33.7 million) is justified," Chen told the press release Thursday.

Chen also predicted that further restructuring in the sector will lead to another period of rapid growth in the domestic motorcycle industry.

Jianshe Group is set to become one of the nation's "big three" motorcycle makers, as its sales are expected to top 1 million this year, according to Chen.

He further forecast that the group's annual motorcycle sales will reach 2 million by 2006 and 4 million by 2009.

China is currently the world's largest motorcycle market, with more than 15 million motorcycles sold in 2003, according to China Association of Automobile Manufacturers statistics.

MadMikee
03-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I was doing a bit of reading about the Jianshe ATVs.

I spoke to the Jianshe rep at the Calgary atv and bike show and they were saying that Jianshe shares research and development and manufactures all Yamaha product for the Chinese marketplace, and even some Yamaha product for the worldwide market, ie. the TTR50.

Here is a link to some info about them.

www.jianshecanada.com/links.htm (http://www.jianshecanada.com/links.htm)

2blue
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Jianshe ATV

Engine Type 4-Stroke, SOHC, Single, Air/Oil Cooled w/ Fan
Displacement / Ignition 387.4cc / CDI Electronic
Fuel Capacity 14 Litres
Starting Electric w/ Recoil Backup
Transmission 5-Speed, Automatic Clutch w/ Reverse
Final Drive Shaft Drive, Shift-on-the-Fly 2WD/4WD (Manually Selectable)
Length / Width / Height 2100mm (82.7") x 1125mm (44.3") x 1175mm (46.3")
Seat Height 860mm (33.9")
Ground Clearance 210mm (8.3")
Dry Weight 239kg (525.8lbs)
Tires (Front) / (Rear) 25 x 8-12 / 25 x 10-12
Suspension (Front) / (Rear) Independent Dual A-Arm / Single Swing Arm, Adjustable Monoshock
Brakes (Front) / (Rear) Dual Hydraulic Discs / Sealed Drum
Cargo Rack Capacity (Front) / (Rear) 40kg (88lbs) / 80kg (176lbs)
Tow Hitch Pulling Capacity 410kg (902lbs)
Available Colour(s) Hunter Green, Blue, Red, Black, and Autumn Camo
Additional Features Analog Speedometer, 12V Power Outlet, Front / Rear Marker Lights and Trailer Hitch

Yamaha 400cc

Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single
Displacement 401cc
Bore and Stroke 84.5 x 71.5 mm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Carburetion Mikuni BSR33
Ignition DC-CDI
Starting electric/recoil
Lubrication wet sump
Oil Capacity 2.6 litres
Transmission V-belt automatic w/ engine braking
Final Drive Shaft

Suspension (Front) independent double wishbone
Suspension (Rear) independent rear suspension with sway bar
Brakes (Front) dual 180mm, hydraulic discs
Brakes (Rear) single 220mm, hydraulic disc
Tires (Front) Maxxis AT25x8-12
Tires (Rear) Maxxis AT25x10-12

Length 1,993 mm (78.5'')
Width 1,093mm (43")
Height 1,120 mm (44.1'')
Wheelbase 1,233mm (48.5")
Ground Clearance 274 mm (10.8'')
Seat Height 830mm (32.7")
Dry Weight 262kg (578 lb)
Fuel Capacity 15 litres
Colour(s) Dark Blue, Dark Green, Red

Pappy in AB
03-27-2007, 09:25 PM
The Canadian Tire ATV is the Jianshe 250CC in camo. The 400 CC 4 X 4 version is in the CTC online catalogue listed at $5499.99 (also Jianshe).

I haven't really done anything with mine yet other than put some gas in it and start it up......it works LOL!!!!!!

2Blue........and your point is?

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400

Engine
Type 386cc air-/oil-cooled w/fan, SOHC 4-stroke single

Bore x Stroke 83mm x 71.5mm

Compression Ratio 8.6:1

Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR

Ignition DC-CDI

Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull

Transmission 5-speed automatic clutch w/reverse

Engine Braking Front and rear wheel

Drive Train Yamaha On-CommandŽ push button 2WD, 4WD; shaft

Chassis
Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone, 5.9" travel w/5-way preload adjustment

Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone, w/5-way preload adjustment

Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs

Brakes/Rear Fully sealed, oil bath, multi discs

Tires/Front AT25x8-12 ITP Mud Lite

Tires/Rear AT25x10-12 ITP Mud Lite

Dimensions
Length 79.4"

Width 43.9"

Height 46.7"

Seat Height 35.2"

Wheelbase 48.4"

Turning Radius 126"

Ground Clearance 10.5"

Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal.

Dry Weight 593 lbs.

Rack Capacity 88 lb front/176 lb rear

Towing Capacity 904 lb.

Other
Instrumentation Speedometer/odometer & fuel gauge

Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21/5W brake light

2blue
03-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Ohh just people thought it was a real yamaha engine like left over stock...which it is not...To be on the save side buy thr 2007 kodak 400cc for $6999 at blackfoot right now.

Thats all have a good one

Just a Don
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Everyone
Can anyone tell me where I can find a new dealer for my Jianshe Puma 250 quad? I bought mine from "Dream Imports" of Lloydminster. And low and behold when I tried to call them, Saturday May 30th, to find out about fixing a problem, they were no longer in business.
I have less then 400 km on it, and it seems when starting to move forward (and move along at a slow place) the back brakes stick. or so it seems, sometimes it creaks like a stuck brake but when you push or pull the machine it rolls fine. It has developed a clunky noise too and I am not sure if it comes from the same place or from the drivetrain.
I paid 2795 plus dealer costs in October 2007, and am very disappointed it has only gone 400km and is "on the trailer"

Justagirl
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Just a Don,

Here is a list of Jianshe dealers in your area.
http://www.jianshecanada.com/en/findadealer.htm

Hubby says jianshe's seem to be good machines. And from our experience they stand behind their machines 100%. So you shouldn't have a problem finding someone to work on yours Don, even if your dealer is out of business. If we weren't getting out of the business this year we would have brought some in. But his partner/father passed away in February and my hubby doesn't want to do it anymore without him. So were done. But anyways, that was his business and he says there good. So go for it. =)

As far as the ones from Crappy Tire.. some questions you should look into. Who warranty's them? Where do you get parts? who do you go to when there is a problem? Cuz i tell ya, the 16 year old at the counter isnt gonna have a clue....

Just a Don
05-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Just a Don,

Here is a list of Jianshe dealers in your area.
http://www.jianshecanada.com/en/findadealer.htm

Hubby says jianshe's are good machines. And from our experience they stand behind their machines 100%. If we weren't getting out of the business this year we would have brought some in. But his partner/father passed away in February and my hubby doesn't want to do it anymore without him. So were done. But anyways, that was his business and he says there good. So go for it. =)

Thank you, I will check the site out. Google never listed that one for me. humm.. always thought google was useless..

My machine is 1.5yrs old now, I dont believe its on warrantee anymore. I believe it was 1 yr warrantee. But it needs something, a match or fixing.
I need to go look up my paperwork and check I guess.
thanks again for the help

nativemedic
05-31-2009, 09:27 PM
i have a 400 mountain lion at this time not very pleased with this thing it stalls after about 3 to 4 hours of riding so i have replaced coil after coil plug after plug and still the same tried everything i can think of and still nothing and most time it wont even start this machine is only 2 years old not a whole lot of kms on it i have gotton the carb done many times and nothing so i just gave up on it and got an kymco mxu 500 can anyone help with the muontain lion

Just a Don
06-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Mine runs well after it warms up, it idles too slow and needs adjusting. And I've been out riding for 5-6 hrs slow and with breaks and it always got me back, til now. I like mine as its very under powered and is a great machine for my daughter to learn on, and she has most of the miles on it. We usually ride with my sister and her family and they have a 4x4 quad w/winch so we never worry about getting stuck or stranded.
I have noticed a clunking at times as we move forward. Tuesday I go back and take apart the back brake to see if its the brake or something more serious.
Thanks again for the Jianshe website addy for Canada. I will be contacting them to see what can be done.

Just a Don
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone, I was to the canadian dealers page of Jianshe Canada and emailed a few places. I never received any replies. I today went to the site and it redirected me to the American Jianshe site. I guess its as we have all known if you're from Canada you can NEVER get satisfactory service. I will be using mine until it breaks down completely andf then willthrow it away. Piece of junk it is. Honda's 250 as 36hp, Suzuki's 250 is over 30. These Jianshe 250's are 18 hp. The don't come in an automatic. Oh and if you use a spotlight plugged into the power outlet its not long before it quits producing power. (hint from the owner of the shop I bought mine from that shut its doors).
ANYWAYS IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING BUYING A JIANSHE QUAD..... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD A REAL QUAD DONT BUY ONE.