PDA

View Full Version : Spruce grove shooting range

levigne25
02-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Wow I dint think it would cost so much for a yearly membership fee . I called and he told me 300$ for the year , he said sometimes they get so busy you have to sit in your vehicle and wait your turn lol for 300$ a year no thanks

Jack Hardin
02-16-2015, 01:46 PM
This is where retired folks benefit, they get to go to the range when everyone else is at work. Some weekend days are also lost if there is a cowboy, IPSIC or whatever organized shoot is scheduled.

lake side
02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
They can stick their membership right up their butt!!!

Pay the money if you only want to shoot a coupe of times a year as there must be a range officer on duty (which is almost never). The place has become a private, elitist shooting club funded by Joe public..The place is an absolute joke. I went elsewhere this year as I am sick of wasting my money.

It will probably become premantly closed by 2016, 2017 at the latest.

L.S.

levigne25
02-16-2015, 09:59 PM

Pay the money if you only want to shoot a coupe of times a year as there must be a range officer on duty (which is almost never). The place has become a private, elitist shooting club funded by Joe public..The place is an absolute joke. I went elsewhere this year as I am sick of wasting my money.

L.S.

What a ripoff

purgatory.sv
02-16-2015, 10:16 PM
If you decide to participate in this facility, do they give full disclosure?

nsherman72
02-17-2015, 09:34 AM

L.S.

Where did you end up going?

DalyShooter
02-17-2015, 01:35 PM
I was a member last year. Aside from the range being shut down (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/spruce-grove-gun-club-allowed-to-re-open-with-conditions-1.2730801) for a few months last year, I was very happy with the facilities. I went to the weekly sporting clays events a few times - this setup was really great. The few times I used the rifle range I found it wasn't too busy. That being said, I had a hard time justifying the membership fee last year, and this year, with the increase, I've decided to go elsewhere.