talked to a c/o on sat he said they were to be a bunch of
changes in the new regs
o pike in Macgregor,Traverse, and some others as well
I forgot all the ones listed.
when do the regs come out online?

orv.

dmcbride
02-16-2015, 02:10 PM
http://esrd.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/fisheries-management/documents/Proposed2015AnglingChanges-Nov28-2014.pdf

waterninja
02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
I looked at those proposed changes and nothing earthshattering where I ussually fish, but down south some major changes.
I thought this year they might have a slot size keep limit for Lac St. Anne for pike, as there seem to be high numbers, at least from personal experiance and talking to other anglers.

calgarygringo
02-16-2015, 03:39 PM
They will need an army of C/O's out there to enforce all these new rules with a lot of these lakes having a zero take on the pike and wally's both.

coors04
02-16-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm all for better fishing but it's sad that they feel the need to go from 3 pike over 63 to 0. If they were properly funded by government they would have seen these problems developing before they had to shut it down. Maybe most lakes should be turned down to 1-2 pike a day or maybe only 1 over a specific size and one under. I also would support a higher priced license if it meant better overall fishing and conservation.

66spitfire
02-16-2015, 04:12 PM
The changes won't matter if people don't do their part. I was out over the weekend and saw an old guy sitting in his drag green blazer all day with 6 tip ups and jaw jackers set up outside his vehicle, I wanted to go and ask him if they had made changes to the regs that I was unaware of. Only good thing was he wasn't catchin anything at all. What would happen if I called? Would someone drive out and fine him? Or will it just fall on deaf ears?

JohninAB
02-16-2015, 04:33 PM
The changes won't matter if people don't do their part. I was out over the weekend and saw an old guy sitting in his drag green blazer all day with 6 tip ups and jaw jackers set up outside his vehicle, I wanted to go and ask him if they had made changes to the regs that I was unaware of. Only good thing was he wasn't catchin anything at all. What would happen if I called? Would someone drive out and fine him? Or will it just fall on deaf ears?

Unless one calls in one will never know what will happen.

fishdude17
02-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Unless one calls in one will never know what will happen.

X2

If you care about our fisheries and other resources, ALWAYS PHONE!! They may not always respond, but they will definitely not respond if you don'tcall it in.

ORV
02-16-2015, 06:31 PM
They will need an army of C/O's out there to enforce all these new rules with a lot of these lakes having a zero take on the pike and wally's both.

exactly!

so it was commercial netted for years.
just stopped recently......so now all of a sudden it is a collapsed fishery???
wth? really???
gimme a break!
there has to be 30K of the lake that is hardly ever fished.
I think this is a load of b.s.

i.m.h.o

orv.

waterninja
02-16-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm all for better fishing but it's sad that they feel the need to go from 3 pike over 63 to 0. If they were properly funded by government they would have seen these problems developing before they had to shut it down. Maybe most lakes should be turned down to 1-2 pike a day or maybe only 1 over a specific size and one under. I also would support a higher priced license if it meant better overall fishing and conservation.
I can see fishing license prises going up anyways, but I doubt any goes to the CO's. I can see it going to gen. rev. to be peed away as always.

jacenbeers
02-16-2015, 06:42 PM

Why wouldn't you call? He was breaking the law. You should have called. Once at Macgregor I saw two guys keeping short pike. I called it in and they were not available to come bust them. THey took the license plate and a CO met them at their house because there was one available in Calgary where they were from. They got fined and I got a reward. You should always call.

zicker
02-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Marie lake and Bourque lake pike limit is "0" I've been told for this summer.

calgarygringo
02-16-2015, 06:52 PM
I am not saying it applies to all lakes but some of this shut down stuff lately is at places that I go and always catch or see lots of action on or under the water. Many post a lot of pictures too from some of these places as lake X so maybe they should check some of their studies and methods too. Just sayin. Don't need the 3 pike as example but zero everywhere all of a sudden makes me wonder what happend.
One lake we have fished quite a bit for the last few years got shut down due to supposed no fish. We have done quite well there as well as several other I know and we discuss this same thing.

exactly!

wth? really???
gimme a break!

i.m.h.o

orv.

whitetail Junkie
02-16-2015, 07:24 PM
exactly!

wth? really???
gimme a break!

i.m.h.o

orv.

x3....They DONT have a Flying "F-ing" Clue!

anthony5
02-16-2015, 07:38 PM
The Southern reservoirs that will have a zero limit on pike after March 31 2015, come from the data compiled from the test netting done in 2011.

Gerv
02-16-2015, 08:14 PM
0 retention of grayling province wide because of population at risk. Meanwhile AER authorizes EnCana to divert 5 million m3 per year for 5 years out of the little smokey river. With many other companies also getting licenses to withdraw massive volumes during the same time frame. Getting increasingly tired of anglers being blamed for population collapses, while industry is given free reign to pillage the habitat.:snapoutofit:

cube
02-17-2015, 01:18 PM
The Southern reservoirs that will have a zero limit on pike after March 31 2015, come from the data compiled from the test netting done in 2011.

Data Came From

Macgregor FWIN 2013
Travers FWIN 2011
Milk River FWIN 2012
Sherburne FWIN 2011
Rolling Hills FWIN 2010

ORV
02-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Data Came From

Macgregor FWIN 2013
Travers FWIN 2011
Milk River FWIN 2012
Sherburne FWIN 2011
Rolling Hills FWIN 2010

nothing like basing it on current up to date info.
thanks for the stats.
appreciate it.

orv,

anthony5
02-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Cube, thanks for clarifying the dates of the netting.

cujo1969
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Can a person get the results of the test netting I would like to see McGregors.

AlbertaCutthroat
02-18-2015, 08:53 AM
It's about time they act. Too many fisherman, and not nearly enough money to monitor all the lakes. You can call fish and wildlife regarding results but most members here would be incapable of understanding what the numbers mean.