PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton rv campgrounds?

gpgriz
02-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi guys.

We're heading to Edmonton this summer (July) for a family function and are including it in with our summer rv trip.

Can you peeps recommend good rv campgrounds?

We're in a 23' travel trailer pulled by a F150.
We'd like trees and such... Not the parking lot variety.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!
Gpgriz.

HalfBreed
02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Size of land yacht might get some useful replies. Provincial campgrounds seem to be well treed. I like Miquelon Lake Campground for a trailer but the lake isn't always great for swimming.

Rumtan
02-16-2015, 03:22 PM
http://www.rainbow-valley.com/ This campground is in Edmonton and maybe what your looking for.

Kim473
02-17-2015, 05:25 AM
http://www.rainbow-valley.com/ This campground is in Edmonton and maybe what your looking for.

Didn't know that was there. Thanks Rumtan ! Good to know if relatives are in town visiting.

As far as the OP, Walmart ?? LOL.
I think there is a nice campground by Seaba Beach. Some freinds go there once a year with there 40ft fifth wheel.

Ice Fishing Maniac
02-17-2015, 08:27 AM
The campground in Devon down by the river adjacent to Deven Golf & Country Club looks decent......never stayed there, just golfed the course quite a bit.

Doodle30
02-17-2015, 11:55 AM
The campground in Devon down by the river adjacent to Deven Golf & Country Club looks decent......never stayed there, just golfed the course quite a bit.

The sites really are not well tree'd. Maybe some trees at the back of the site but that's about it.
Wife and I had a fully services site but found some of the other sites were very tightly packed together. We founds the fully serviced sites to be pretty standard spacing for RV park.

Full disclosure, when I think of well tree'd camping sites I think of the Mountain provincial parks and Mount Kidd which may not be completely fair.

gpgriz
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks gang.

That rainbow valley looks good enough and it's near where the peeps are...
Will check it out.