PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing near edmonton

watsen
02-16-2015, 04:11 PM
I am new to the area and am looking for some places to try ice fishing near Edmonton. Any suggestions on baits and where to go?
Thanks!

Og Dumi
02-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Wabamun about 45 mins west of Edm, it's close easy to get on to the lake and you shouldn't have any problem catching some fish. It's all catch and release. Use smelts or herring. Stay away from the bridge near the provincial park. Access by the town site or Fallis.

chriscosta
02-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Wabamun about 45 mins west of Edm, it's close easy to get on to the lake and you shouldn't have any problem catching some fish. It's all catch and release. Use smelts or herring. Stay away from the bridge near the provincial park. Access by the town site or Fallis.
Bingo and of ya wanna catch walleye a jig and a minnow tons of fish in that lake

waterninja
02-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of lakes from 45 min. to 2 hours driving time.
Once you pick one, you can ask about access and conditions.
Don't forget the NSR has great fishing, but you have to wait a bit.

watsen
02-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Thank you, I'm looking for a location where it's keep what you catch, any suggested locations?

Og Dumi
02-16-2015, 06:50 PM
You can pull up your gps/maps on your computer or phone, find a lake close to Edmonoton and search up the name in the search bar on the forum you'll find lots of information.

chriscosta
02-16-2015, 06:52 PM
That my friend will take some footwork mostly every lake besides wab you can keep certain sizes and there is certainly keepable size fish in most of em id prepare for an hr drive minimum ...get the i fish app if ya got a cell phone ...good luck

watsen
02-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Okay thanks for the info friends

bunnyhunter
02-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Thank you, I'm looking for a location where it's keep what you catch, any suggested locations?

try this, it led me to a few great lakes an hour ish near Edmonton.

http://www.anglersatlas.com/

pm me with what you want to catch, altho I haven been out yet this year