PDA

View Full Version : Lake "X" Strikes again

ADH
02-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Had a good 3 hours on Lake "X" and nailed a few monsters.

1bluZebec
02-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Awesome job bud! I wish I had a outing like yours just once! Wow! Great stuff, congrats!

Stryker2
02-16-2015, 08:18 PM
WOW! Totally awesome looking Perch! Thanks for sharing!:)

Fishslayer99
02-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Those are some pigs! Well done.

Secret coulee
02-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Holly wow those fattys are awsome.one day in my dreams ill land perch like that good job

diamond k
02-16-2015, 08:44 PM
The lake "X" crap is getting old.

Post pics that is great but the whole secret society crap and this secret lake is like your a buch of 6 year olds in the corner of the school yard.

snowman160
02-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Post pics that is great but the whole secret society crap and this secret lake is like your a buch of 6 year olds in the corner of the school yard.

Agreed..

Scottie
02-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Would you like him to post GPS coordinates so you can park beside him? I've seen to many small perch lakes die out as a result of being over fished. I don't blame you for keeping it quite! Congrates on the nice humpys

ADH
02-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Here is the way I see it... Those fish are the product of many hours drilling holes on tons of lakes and taking my time to figure out where those fish are and how to get them. I am a student. I spend hours in my tent reading my textbooks and looking for fish. You don't just have to study in school you have to study the fish too. No one spoon fed it to me...

ADH
02-16-2015, 09:56 PM
On that note too.. When nakamun was hot last year and people from the city started to find out... Did anyone see how many trucks were out there??? ridiculous. No one wants that for their spot

Brock1
02-16-2015, 10:09 PM
On that note too.. When nakamun was hot last year and people from the city started to find out... Did anyone see how many trucks were out there??? ridiculous. No one wants that for their spot

ADH. Really enjoyed the pics. Keep the lake to yourself unless it's slave. Good for you for finding some quality fishing.

Look forward to your next pics!

B

Speckle55
02-16-2015, 10:15 PM
ADH is this X lake:scared0018:

David:)

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/hunting%20and%20fishing%202014%20-15/10348450_876920899027266_6708546272476432645_n_zps 31gadrah.jpg

huntsfurfish
02-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Wish more people would name em lake x rather than mention the actual name of the lake.

OuttKastt
02-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Although I would love to know the secret lakes like "Lake X", I do not fault you one iota for not giving the location. I would do the same thing ADH. Great looking perch and I am glad you shared your photos.

brutus
02-17-2015, 12:20 AM
hey i was at that tourney....lol....nice fish pal

chriscosta
02-17-2015, 12:27 AM
those are some frign beasts dude NICE CATCH

spoons
02-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Guaranteed its not Pigeon. Lol Nice catch guy

Kim473
02-17-2015, 05:28 AM
Nice catch, very fat for a 13" Probably females with eggs.

Dale S
02-17-2015, 05:35 AM

Out of the 143 threads you have started, not one is about where to fish. So why do you think the OP should give up his spots, you don't.:angry3:
Same with you snowman160 post up some of your spots.

Nice fatties.

diamonddave
02-17-2015, 07:47 AM
The guys that complain about lake x are the guys who never post any tips or pics on here anyway.

SKSniper
02-17-2015, 08:18 AM
Nice Perch! I don't blame you at all for not sharing the lake, too many anglers and not enough lakes, especially when it comes to those tasty perch!

Double-Eh
02-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Saying lake X seems like a good way of posting perch pics, which the plaintiff wants to see, without having to ward off 1000000 PMs and replies asking where the thread OP got them. Would you rather he say "here's some perch, f--- off I ain't sharing"?

Jamie Black R/T
02-17-2015, 08:31 AM
The guys that complain about lake x are the guys who never post any tips or pics on here anyway.
Because they dont have anything to share but a rotten opinion.

waterninja
02-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Congrats on catching some great perch.
I agree with not sharing the name of the lake you caught it in. Sharing what bait or hooks you used is ok in my opinion, but I have learned from personel experiance how quickly a good lake or spot on the river can get overcrowded once a lake is identified online.
I am however tired of X. Iv'e moved on to Z, less crowded.

Hunter Trav
02-17-2015, 10:20 AM

Agreed..

Waaaaa...:rolleye2:

Nice perch BTW...:cool:

SNAPFisher
02-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Out of the 143 threads you have started, not one is about where to fish. So why do you think the OP should give up his spots, you don't.:angry3:

Same with you snowman160 post up some of your spots.

Nice fatties.

First, nicely done on the jumbos! Keep the location to yourself.

Nice calling out the guys by looking at their own posts. I use that feature often too.

What is it with the sense of entitlement? Get out there and find them yourselves. You won't believe how much more satisfying that is. Put the work in. You may find you actually enjoy the sport more. I dare you to better those two perch :)

jwab
02-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Please people, don't be letting the cat out of the bag.

Skoaltender
02-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Nice fat perch!

Nester
02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Nicely done!~

diamond k
02-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Nobody said to reveal your spots or lake for that matter.

The o I know something you don't crap is what irks me but I don't have the time search everybody's posts but if you do all the power
To you. I will spent my time outside.

diamonddave
02-17-2015, 05:28 PM
What are you talking about, you are the one mad that people use lake x as a descriptive. Would you just rather they said "I was out at my favorite lake"?
Same same

diamond k
02-17-2015, 05:44 PM
What are you talking about, you are the one mad that people use lake x as a descriptive. Would you just rather they said "I was out at my favorite lake"?
Same same

Yep sure would. I have lots of great hunting spots and I don't broadcast them.

My issue is with all these guys who had a hissy fit last year because someone outed this mystery lake "X" yet continue to throw this lake x crap every time they catch a fish. Post a pic say you caught it at your favorite spot and don't incite the interest in finding out this mystery pot of fishing gold.

I have said my piece and have wasted enought time and energy arguing about something I don't really care about anyway.

I will go back to the archery section and discuss things I actually care about

PerchBuster
02-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Those are pretty nice Humpies! Not quite as nice as these from my Lake X but very nice just the same. There's no harm keeping your location private just like people do with their favorite Berry patch or hunting spot. You put in the time you get to reap the rewards of your efforts and we get to enjoy the pics. I call that a win win. Congrats! b.t.w. this big girl was 15-5/8" and 1 lb 13 oz.

ADH
02-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the support... I didn't mean to cause any problems.

linger
02-17-2015, 06:29 PM
In total agreement with ADH i have been fishing for almost 40 years we do our time drilling dozens of holes and spending lots of money on gas.but thats homework.lol sometimes i find them sometimes not. but im not going to ask someone for there secret spot.so for those who want to know a spot go do your homework.:sHa_sarcasticlol: i know a lake north that used to be good for perch. but when you get 100 vehicals a day on it and quite a few are catching it thins them out quick.

Secret coulee
02-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Those are pretty nice Humpies! Not quite as nice as these from my Lake X but very nice just the same. There's no harm keeping your location private just like people do with their favorite Berry patch or hunting spot. You put in the time you get to reap the rewards of your efforts and we get to enjoy the pics. I call that a win win. Congrats! b.t.w. this big girl was 15-5/8" and 1 lb 13 oz.

Well said PB and yikes im so jelous you just posted up what ive wanted on my wall for many many yrs.guess I should start chasing my dreams.

Brandonkop
02-17-2015, 11:54 PM
Nice fish. I like lake x. Makes me smile to see its still producing well!

gulfman
02-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Got a few of perch like them on my lake "P"....... now there's nothing but yellow snow.

Nice catch....

Gboe8
02-18-2015, 12:31 AM
Doesn't seem like we can have one thread with out a argument starting to get pretty old!

Now back on topic those are some darn nice looking fish! Looks like all your hard work is paying off! It's more rewarding that way anyway!

AlbertaCutthroat
02-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Nice fish!

FreshAirGetter
02-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Want a new best friend? ;-)

niwrek
02-19-2015, 08:52 AM
I wish I had a sink next to my washer and dryer,,,,,it would come in handy

EZM
02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Great Perch .... congrats. I am happy your hard work and commitment paid off for you.

I will always support the confidentiality of people who choose to put the time and effort into catching such a great fish. Lake "X" is a good way to share your success, entertain your fellow members, yet protect the fishery. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyone who whines about it is just being "school yard jealous" and probably needs to put some time and effort into finding their own Lake X.

Congrats on your Lake X jumbo. Well done.

EZM
02-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Yep sure would. I have lots of great hunting spots and I don't broadcast them.

My issue is with all these guys who had a hissy fit last year because someone outed this mystery lake "X" yet continue to throw this lake x crap every time they catch a fish. Post a pic say you caught it at your favorite spot and don't incite the interest in finding out this mystery pot of fishing gold.

I have said my piece and have wasted enought time and energy arguing about something I don't really care about anyway.

I will go back to the archery section and discuss things I actually care about

You do realize Lake X is a term applied to a number of lakes ..... don't you?

Surely you are not suggesting this is one secret Nirvana that just a handful of guys know about are you?

:snapoutofit:

Sooner
02-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Wicked Perch ADH, i have fished a lot but never caught them that big. You put in the time to find them, congrats.

Jamie Black R/T
02-19-2015, 10:29 AM

Surely you are not suggesting this is one secret Nirvana that just a handful of guys know about are you?

I had the same thought...but refrained from commenting as surely nobody could actually believe lake x is ONE lake? or can they?? :scared0018:

gulfman
02-19-2015, 11:33 AM

X2

CK Angler
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM
More then one lake X ? What are you talking about... There can be only one!!

One of my fav perch lakes was posted online few years back. I Went the year before it leaked and was the only truck on the lake, took a friend the next year and was joking about blindfolding him to keep it secret only to discover 100+ trucks on the lake... I don't even go anymore... Haven't caught quality perch in three years.

Keep it lake X and keep it to yourself! You put in the work, so enjoy! Congrats on the catch!

Jamie Black R/T
02-19-2015, 04:24 PM
a friendly, ignorant, tip posted on this site has accounted for the same in 3 lakes i personally fished.

havent been to any of them in years....the fishing isnt what it once was and even if you do manage to find fish odds are you will be rubbing elbows with someone...not my idea of fun.

Keep em quiet.

burbotman
02-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Well said PB and yikes im so jelous you just posted up what ive wanted on my wall for many many yrs.guess I should start chasing my dreams.

Chasing your dreams? You have caught what many others only dream of:)

CK Angler
02-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Holy s**t perch buster! I just looked at your pic! Wow! Impressive !

PerchBuster
02-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks CK and Secret coulee, she's affectionately known as Perchzilla! Now trying to break 16" and 2 lb barrier. She's got a couple older sisters out there swimming around you know, I lost them both at the hole. @':#!^! The mount has room for one more fish on it so that's my goal and I think I can eventually do it. Just takes lots of time on the ice and maybe a little better hook set next time lol! :angry3:

Alberta Bigbore
02-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Fatties!!