PDA

View Full Version : Any Nissan Titan Owners out there?

morgan
02-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Just wondering general thoughts on the truck and reliability.
Any typical trouble spots? Fit and finish after 150k-200k?
Time is ticking on my 1994 Toyota pickup, and noticed that the used prices on the Titan are quite reasonable. Maybe its for a reason.
Thanks for your input.

CaberTosser
02-16-2015, 09:35 PM
My brother and a buddy both had front differential issues with their Titans.

KegRiver
02-16-2015, 09:48 PM
I own a Titan SE with 160K on it now.
So far no major issues.
I did have to redo the brakes which I think is a bit premature. Had to do the front CV joints as well but that's not unusual from what i understand. That's the total so far. Haven't even had to replace the starter yet.

sprinklerdog
02-16-2015, 10:02 PM
I have an 08 crew cab long box. I have had it for 3 years and love it.
I have apprx 170k on it. It needs brakes, but that is not a big deal and I'll do them myself. I had to replace the sway bar bushings, the front end produced a "clunking" when almost to a complete stop when braking. The tailgate assist for slow drop has failed. The backup sensor has failed, but that's has never been something I would rely on anyways. I had to replace the wiring from the fog lights back into the harness. Thin wire that simply appeared corroded and failed. The former owner may have had it in places where that became a factor. Appear to be having the same issue with the block heater cord at the plug in.
I have an outback 250 I tow with it and have had no issues so far. It's harder on fuel than my Armada, but it's a truck......and I drive it everywhere.
I have had no issue with engine or transmission. It doesn't like extreme cold starting but hasn't failed me yet.

Geo

springfisher
02-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Semi good truck ,all I can say Is the gas mileage is the worst . Check the resale,don't get cheap cause they are good