PDA

View Full Version : U.S. troops going in

dutch_m
02-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Looks like it about to get going , about time , God bless them all and I sure hope everyone comes back safe and sound , let's see which other country's step it up now

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/4000-u-s-troops-head-to-kuwait-for-possible-showdown-with-isis-2/

Mountain Adventurer
02-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Some how as history has dictated things like this work them selves out. Hitler,Taliban,Isis the most unfortunate part is these extremists take so many innocent people down with them. I for one am proud to be Canadian we except other people into our country for who they are,religions and there beliefs. We are free to move to any part of Canada that we so wish and We have freedom of speech. I don't think Isis will make it to much further and most definitely not as smart as the Taliban. Here we come, here we come. Even the man that shot John Lennon was smarter than this bunch. I Am CANADIAN !

Iron Brew
02-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Routine troop rotation. Wasn't impressed by that site. I'd be more interested in actually seeing the deployment orders.

edmhunter
02-17-2015, 05:27 AM
Get'er DONE! The sooner the better. Just hope that Canadian and USA casualties are minimal. Send in the airforce and drones and let the UAE nations put the feet on the ground, after all it's in their own back yard and it's their religon!

Wild&Free
02-17-2015, 05:34 AM
Get'er DONE! The sooner the better. Just hope that Canadian and USA casualties are minimal. Send in the airforce and drones and let the UAE nations put the feet on the ground, after all it's in their own back yard and it's their religon!

You do know that IS receives funding from members of those UAE(which is actually one nation btw) nations right?

CaberTosser
02-17-2015, 08:30 AM
That's not a full-on deployment to battle ISIS, namely because they're being deployed to Kuwait, not Syria, Iraq or Libya. A routine troop rotation does not an invasion make. For every plane load of soldiers flying in there, there is a full plane departing as well.

Selkirk
02-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Looks like it about to get going , about time , God bless them all and I sure hope everyone comes back safe and sound , let's see which other country's step it up now

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/4000-u-s-troops-head-to-kuwait-for-possible-showdown-with-isis-2/

Questionable source (at best), and misleading information.

Mac

JimPS
02-17-2015, 11:23 AM
I don't think Isis will make it to much further and most definitely not as smart as the Taliban. Here we come, here we come. Even the man that shot John Lennon was smarter than this bunch. I Am CANADIAN !

Extremest are not usually very smart.
ISIS is much more sophisticated at recruiting and controlling the media than the Taliban is.
I guess they got better CIA training in such matters.

silverdoctor
02-17-2015, 11:42 AM
News reports suggest that Canadian troops have engaged ISIS 3 times already in Iraq.

dumoulin
02-17-2015, 04:01 PM
This is going to be like that carnival game "pop-up gopher".... It's hard to fight weasels...

Redfrog
02-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Send in the marines

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/252704-real-lone-survivor-marcus-luttrell-gives-advise-just-300-marines-can-take-isis/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Military

fordtruckin
02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Send in the marines

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/252704-real-lone-survivor-marcus-luttrell-gives-advise-just-300-marines-can-take-isis/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Military

well having worked closely with Marines in my 8 years of being in the Army, I can say they are good at what they do (not thinking...lol j/k), but I have my doubts that any 300 could take on the entire group. I bet if you hand picked the best 300 from all the services they could put a pretty big dent on those creatures though!:fighting0074:

You would have to let them go weapons free and get all the political bull out of the picture and the western world would need to realize that this is war and in war people die, things are destroyed and this is how war is and will always be. Any modern western military when given the freedom to do what they are trained to do without restrictions, will be way more affective than when some pencil pushing rich old fart in politics who doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do what needs to be done because they're worried about their reelection future.

trooper
02-17-2015, 09:00 PM
From what I've been reading, Isis has no Islamic countries to back them up.. Thats refreshing to know that not all muslims are radical jihadists,...... or are they??

Artist
02-17-2015, 09:37 PM
From what I've been reading, Isis has no Islamic countries to back them up.. Thats refreshing to know that not all muslims are radical jihadists,...... or are they??

No, not all Muslims are militant in practice, however, Muslim theology does have built into it, a component of militancy, and so in that sense, all Muslims do share that foundational "militant brick" in their theological foundation. The ones who choose to make that one brick their sole foundation, are the militants with whom the problems lie.