PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy or what

kevinhits
02-17-2015, 08:14 PM
14-18lb lakers coming out of spray and by a few very new members over the past weekend.....How often do you hear of that size especially over the past few days:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Am I crazy thinking this or what?:bad_boys_20:

CanuckShooter
02-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Have you ever known a fisherman to tell the truth about where they caught the big ones? :thinking-006:

Hydro1
02-17-2015, 08:18 PM
14-18lb lakers coming out of spray and by a few very new members over the past weekend.....How often do you hear of that size especially over the past few days:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Am I crazy thinking this or what?:bad_boys_20:

Something does seem odd.. Cant quite put my finger on it... :thinking-006:

niwrek
02-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Ha ha seriously, I caught 3 that 12lbs......I mean 1.2lbs. I did catch a 5lber out there though.....dam near sht my pants!!! But U have been hearing the same stories.

kevinhits
02-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Something does seem odd.. Cant quite put my finger on it... :thinking-006:

LOL....Something will come to light I assume:thinking-006:

Cory1
02-17-2015, 08:54 PM
LOL....Something will come to light I assume:thinking-006:

I figured it out they are from Ghost! Because they are much easier to catch out there!

niwrek
02-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Hahaha...... those pics are hard to argue with. It is totally possible.

calgarygringo
02-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Let's just wait and see. Could be similar to the 30 lb pike we caught last week.

Fishslayer99
02-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Seems a little fishy to me...pun intended. I have fished spray numerous times and never caught anything over 20" I know there are some large ones in there but they are extremely rare. 2 hogs in one weekend what are the chances?

kevinhits
02-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Let's just wait and see. Could be similar to the 30 lb pike we caught last week.

What do you mean 30lb....It was 31.6Lb and we caught it just before we left for the day:) I have pics somewhere....lol

on a serious note...It was great meeting up with you again for the day...As I said, Burbs are rising and we need to get back out there soon:)

Secret coulee
02-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Wow id love to see picks of a 31.6 that is truely amazing sir but please do not tell us location or lake X.lol just want to see a pic on that level of a lifetime acomplishment.thats what you call nockin er outa the park on a very high level that .0001% have never done.congrats sounds like your just baiting us by even bringing it up.anticipation is very high raight now lol

calgarygringo
02-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Got out to my regular lake and spot today and had non stop pike action from start to finish. Wore out the fish cam today. No monsters but a lot of fun. Could of used this type of day last week. Didn't see any burbs though so not sure if I wasn't in the right area or not time yet. Even the whites were not hanging out today like they have been.

What do you mean 30lb....It was 31.6Lb and we caught it just before we left for the day:) I have pics somewhere....lol

on a serious note...It was great meeting up with you again for the day...As I said, Burbs are rising and we need to get back out there soon:)

Cory1
02-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Got out to my regular lake and spot today and had non stop pike action from start to finish. Wore out the fish cam today. No monsters but a lot of fun. Could of used this type of day last week. Didn't see any burbs though so not sure if I wasn't in the right area or not time yet. Even the whites were not hanging out today like they have been.

Haha that's it's im coming down there with you next time!

Brandonkop
02-17-2015, 11:47 PM
I believe it I've watched youtube videos of a couple big ones come out of spray lake. Where do you think all the small ones come from? Lake trout don't spawn till they are old. There must be a good population of large fish to have that many small ones. I think it is more common to catch big fish on the same day. That's how fishing works with big fish. There seems to be a switch that someone flicks and the big fish just start to feed heavily and without using their brains so they are more likely to get caught those days. Mindless eating machines. If it is or isn't the truth this is not a common occurrence so I won't be rushing there.

bubba 96
02-18-2015, 03:16 AM
And it was both there first post.....

calgarygringo
02-18-2015, 06:20 AM
Let me know when you are free to go and we will go have some fun. You know the drill.

Haha that's it's im coming down there with you next time!

EZM
02-18-2015, 08:19 AM
I believe it I've watched youtube videos of a couple big ones come out of spray lake. Where do you think all the small ones come from? Lake trout don't spawn till they are old. There must be a good population of large fish to have that many small ones. I think it is more common to catch big fish on the same day. That's how fishing works with big fish. There seems to be a switch that someone flicks and the big fish just start to feed heavily and without using their brains so they are more likely to get caught those days. Mindless eating machines. If it is or isn't the truth this is not a common occurrence so I won't be rushing there.

True enough.

Generally, however, the Lakers are much smaller at maturity in Spray lake compared to Minnewanka. The amount of food and forage plays a HUGE part in mature sizes and averages.

I'm sure there are a few big ones in there.

wildside2014
02-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Sooooo.....because a couple guys accomplished something you haven't they are feeding a bs story?

I know plenty of hunters that have hunted deer for 50 plus eyars and have never harvested anything bigger than a 150" deer. I also know guys that took 190" deer In their first season.

J D
02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
These are far from the first nice lakers I have seen from spray. The truth with spray is there is a lot of small laker from 12-20 inch but there is the odd big one that shows up.

My personal best is around 13lbs but have seen more than a few bigger come out. But the number of small lakers you go through to get 1 nice one is huge.

Spray is far from a place I would go looking for big lakers but put in enough time and you may get luck and catch 1 over 10lbs

Deo101
02-18-2015, 10:44 AM
And it was both there first post.....

And now probably their last.

Secret coulee
02-18-2015, 05:59 PM
This is awsome analogy brandonK. Very few people no this about big fish in general feeding at the same times.but let me tell ya if you are fortunate enough to be on the hunt that day witch is rare but she will be a day to remember.a lot of varieables though witch is beyond me when dealing with Mother Nature.location and timing takes most people out of this experience.

Stryker2
02-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Maybe it was just beginner's luck! :sHa_sarcasticlol: