PDA

View Full Version : Driving Force

huntinfishincampin
02-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone has bought a used vehicle from The Driving Force. Looking for any information good or bad.

Thanks
HFC

dale7637
02-17-2015, 09:25 PM
I haven't bought one from these guys.. But I have seen what those trucks are out through as rebtals.

I wouldn't suggest it.. Unless they have a different rentals Division than the oilpatch trucks I have seen.

coolpete1
02-17-2015, 09:27 PM
I haven't bought one from these guys.. But I have seen what those trucks are out through as rebtals.

I wouldn't suggest it.. Unless they have a different rentals Division than the oilpatch trucks I have seen.

x2 , beat to death is an understatement.

overhere
02-17-2015, 09:55 PM
Ridden hard and put away wet . seen some ruff stuff from there and some OK

justsomeguy
02-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Car or suv maybe, never a super duty pick up. I spend a decade in the mines / tailings. Those trucks were abused. If you can find one assigned to an individual and all highway maybe, but get it up on a lift and look for dents and dings on the undercarriage. I had my own ones that I treated like my own and whoever bought it got a well cared for truck.....whoever bought my crew's trucks....sorry.

Iron Brew
02-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Nope. A lot of the trucks that have say 50 000km on them have more hours than a 400 000km truck...

Not to mention beat and abused.

Zip
02-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Depends on what you are looking for in a vehicle...over the years I have had many company trucks from Driving Force and our company changed us out every 3 years.. My trucks were always babied and always clean all mechanical issues dealt with and whoever was. Look for 1/2 tons that were driven by upper management for the best bang for your buck.

FreeLantz
02-18-2015, 06:58 AM
Yup I did. Very happy with the purchase too. They are very upfront about where the truck had spent its life before I bought it. The salesman steered me away from a couple trucks due to the location they were at and the previous work done.
They understand the stigma attached to buying rentals, so they price accordingly and throw in a pile of extras. I got running boards, high end floor mats and sprayed box liner without really pushing hard.
They have full reports about work done and they are excellent at documenting everything done to the vehicle. My truck was used as a run around for the parts dept at Shell Scotford.

Just look at the idle time versus drive time, that tells you all you need to know. Obviously don't buy a truck that has 1000 hours idle and 300 hours drive time.

I would do it again for sure. Hard to beat 30 grand off list price for a practically new vehicle.

HintonRob
02-18-2015, 09:18 AM
I bought my F-350 and my wifes 3/4 ton Yukon from them. Both with low miles low hours and we picked through them till we found ones that we liked. Check underneath the vehicle and under the backs of front seats. You can't clean away gravel marks and boot scuffs.
We have been very happy with both of them. Not fancy but they get the job done. We were really happy with our salesman too. Newfie named Kevin at the west Ed location. Low pressure easy going.
Only thing I didn't like, was make sure you really look into the extended warranty. The financing guy made it out like it was through GM but when we looked into it we found out it wasn't.
I will go back again.

Ronji
02-18-2015, 09:39 AM
I have used Driving Force for the purchase of 2 vans and one pickup. The pricing we received was fair, and the vehicles were in excellent condition. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I am sure they get trucks that we abused, but so does every other dealership. And lets face it, buying used is always a crapshoot whether you buy from a "reputable" or private.
And as the saying goes "Caveat Emptor"

bat119
02-18-2015, 10:14 AM
I have seen the driving force trucks at work driven hard, imagine six people driving around in a truck they don't care about or own. As for low mileage if it never leaves the site there's only 5 kms of road after 4 years it will only have 30K tops. It will never have been driven over 30 km an hour and been idling for 10 hours a day they also leave it 4 wheel drive 24/7. When you return one they charge for new interior, new seats, head liner even a dashboard. Buyer beware!

FreeLantz
02-18-2015, 10:40 AM
I bought my F-350 and my wifes 3/4 ton Yukon from them. Both with low miles low hours and we picked through them till we found ones that we liked. Check underneath the vehicle and under the backs of front seats. You can't clean away gravel marks and boot scuffs.

We have been very happy with both of them. Not fancy but they get the job done. We were really happy with our salesman too. Newfie named Kevin at the west Ed location. Low pressure easy going.

Only thing I didn't like, was make sure you really look into the extended warranty. The financing guy made it out like it was through GM but when we looked into it we found out it wasn't.

I will go back again.

I went through Kevin the Newfie too. Low pressure and easy going for sure.