PDA

View Full Version : duck lake ice?

ryisnky
02-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Anyone been to duck lake lately; wondering how ice is there? Thanks in advance!

TROLLER
02-18-2015, 11:52 AM
If you are referring to Duck in Montana then I would assume it would be almost wide open after all the warm and wind.

ELECTRIC FISHER
02-18-2015, 12:06 PM
I believe rjisnky is referring to the Duck lake outside Creston, B.C.
The wife and I were in Creston a week or so ago and the lake looked to still be partially open, I would not attempt a walk on unless you are with someone who knows the area well.

BPman
02-20-2015, 06:35 PM
I believe rjisnky is referring to the Duck lake outside Creston, B.C.
The wife and I were in Creston a week or so ago and the lake looked to still be partially open, I would not attempt a walk on unless you are with someone who knows the area well.

I drove by it this past Tuesday - it was half open and there was a guy paddling his canoe so I think ice fishing is done as all the visible ice looked rotten.

markusbrainus
02-20-2015, 11:07 PM
As of last Sunday Feb 15, 2015 there was about 12" of ice on Duck Lake Montana. There was a 4 foot wide crack all the way across the lake about halfway along. There was open water along the shoreline in spots, so you had to watch your footing. Fishing was decent with fairly steady hits.

According to the ladies at the lodge, all of the other Blackfeet Nation lakes are open water except Duck Lake.

http://i.imgur.com/64PUjYY.jpg