View Full Version : Ice gator auger

Faststeel
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Any of you fellows know anything about this new battery powdered auger,
thanks FS

www.icegator.com

Big Red 250
12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
First I've heard of them. just checked out the site and it says you still have to have a 12 volt battery to run it. Only cuts thru 30 in of ice.That's not a whole lot of ice. For the price, if your looking for an auger, a gas power auger is what iI'd recommend.

Alberta Bigbore
12-24-2008, 06:31 AM
its not new... but it has been improved and some new models have been added. I am tempted to buy the 8 inch model. As my 8 inch strike master hand auger will attach to it, as will other brands that they give you a list for that are compatible. Still thinking i may go with a 2nd power auger from the Strikemaster's high end models

Rumtan
12-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I had a chance to test drive the Icegator last winter on Pigeon lake, we tried to see how many holes we could drill on one battery charged, we managed nearly 4 holes. The 4th hole didnt go all the way through before the battery died. Don thought it must be that the battery wasnt fully charged before he brought the gator out to us but im not so sure. If you are trying to sell a few units you would make sure the battery is fully charged before doing a demo wouldnt you? In my opinion i would wait till the perfect the battery system before I bought one.