PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an indoor sauna/hot tub?

Battery
02-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys,

We are taking possession of our house in March and are looking to install an indoor electric sauna and a blow up hot tub. Only looking to spend $1200 or so on the sauna and $700 or so on the hot tub and realize we wont be getting top of the line, but the girlfriend has been in a couple accidents and has a bad back and neck. Any tips? Tricks? Do's and don'ts?.

Thanks!

Fisherpeak
02-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Idoor?Ventilation,you don`t want mold growing.

Battery
02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Idoor?Ventilation,you don`t want mold growing.

For the hot tub, yes. For the sauna, no, as it is electric and not a steam sauna.

Austin
02-22-2015, 07:49 PM
I just came across this. They have 1 and 2 person hot tubs

http://www.thespaberrystore.ca/shop/index.php/

Austin

HalfBreed
02-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Had one of these, but found I didn't use it as much as the one at the pool. They fit through door openings no problem and are really quite light. Might think on another as the lactic acid seems to hang around longer these days. Just might fit the bill and a bit more robust than an inflatable.

http://www.softubcanada.com/ca/models/sportster140

dale7637
02-22-2015, 11:50 PM
I have a big indoor hot tub.
Ventilation is key.
They are hard on power. Our power bull goes up about $100 per month when it's running. But totally worth it.
Chemicals can be tough to keep balanced until you have a routine set.

I wouldn't ever go without one again.

Blackwolf
02-23-2015, 02:43 AM
With an indoor hot tub, ventilation is the key, people think exhaust fans and make up airs, but this does not cut it. Even with the cover on you increase you houses humidity to 90%. The room itself needs to be kept at no lower than 84 degrees or you will lose water like crazy. I know you would like to do this on the cheap side, but either spend your monies on a good ventilation, or put money away for damages to structure.

Fisherpeak
02-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Our tub is outside on the deck,insulated cover.Nothing better than tubbing in a snowstorm!:sHa_shakeshout:

wildwoods
02-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Our tub is outside on the deck,insulated cover.Nothing better than tubbing in a snowstorm!:sHa_shakeshout:

Yep. Outdoor is the way to go. Nothing beats a clear,dark Alberta winter night.

Battery
02-23-2015, 09:37 AM
I wish I could put one outside, however we are moving in to our townhouse in March and we have a double attached garage in the back with no yard and a 20'x9' deck/balcony over top of the garage off the back of our bonus room. Im thinking indoor tub or very small outdoor tub is the way to go.

The Fisherman Guy
02-23-2015, 10:13 AM
We have an indoor sauna, that is fantastic after a long hike with sore legs. It's also great when you have a nasty chest cold and want to expectorate naturally.

They are easy to install, much cheaper to operate and maintain in comparison to a hot tub and smell like cedar - what's not to like!

Although, it does not hold a candle to hot tubbing in winter. Especially in a snow storm.

From The Hip
02-23-2015, 05:51 PM
I has one of the infrared saunas from Costco.Electric unit that is easy to put togeather but if you plan on moving it install casters as it will chew up hardwood/laminate if you slide it.Regular type of plug for any wall outlet but that outlet will require a 40 amp breaker.The thermostat has a digital display and is easy to use and the unit even has a CD player.

I looked at Costco online before posting and a similar carbon sauna to the one I had is available now that is plug and play meaning you dont need a 40 amp breaker and the heating technology has also gotten better.A 2 person unit costs $1649.99 and includes shipping to your door.

These units come flat packed but they are not small.I got mine in late spring so we had a lot of daylight to work with after the workday.The first thing we did was READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.Took us an hour to put togeather.

Hope this helps.

FTH

RedLabel
02-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Had a friend that put an indoor tub in his basement, thought an exhaust fan would do the trick to fix humidity issues when the lid was off.

... not so much. after 3 years and mold problems he never ran it again.

I'd put a spaberry on your deck above your garage, or go the sauna route.

oh, and don't throw a box of tide detergent in it on a drunken night to have an impromptu foam party. that does the pump in real quick :sHa_sarcasticlol: