PDA

View Full Version : Petition Re Milk River Cruelty Case...

molly
02-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Just saw this on Heaven Can Wait's FB feed. I'm signing and passing it along. The legal gloves have got to come off for this one. :(

https://www.change.org/p/alberta-justice-minister-jonathan-denis-spca-rcmp-crown-counsel-honourable-judge-recommend-and-approve-provincial-and-federal-animal-neglect-and-cruelty-charges-against-april-dawn-irving-and-if-she-is-convicted-enforce-the-maximum-penalty-available-i?recruiter=26932284&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

Fisherpeak
02-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah,this is the story that got me a time out for saying what I feel about people like this.I`m gonna go hug my hounds now.

Dacotensis
02-18-2015, 04:05 PM
How about a donation to get her a good shrink?

Without treatment she will continue to do the same things.

HunterDave
02-18-2015, 04:08 PM
How about a donation to get her a good shrink?

Without treatment she will continue to do the same things.

How about incarcerating her and giving her therapy there? :)

Dacotensis
02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
How about incarcerating her and giving her therapy there? :)

I really don't feel like paying for any of this HD.

But if people want to do something to prevent this, get her a shrink.
Fines won't help. She is already using up vast public resources.

The woman has a disorder.

Connemara
02-18-2015, 05:24 PM
This is my first post here, but anyways I have to weigh in on this one.

She clearly needs treatment, due to I don't think anybody in the right mind would want 200+ dogs. She was already hammered by the law in both Fort Macmurray, and in Saskatchewan (I think).

With me having 6 dogs, all in which are hunting/working dogs, and all but one spayed or neutered, I can't even fathom having 200. How would you feed these dogs, or general welfare and vet visits.

I estimate that my dogs cost me $500.00 per year EACH. That number is might even be on the low end. So with that math, she would need to spend around $100,000 per year on her dogs care... Thats a lot of money.

Definately a mental issue. A shrink is cheaper than the dogs care bill SHOULD have been.

Selkirk
02-18-2015, 07:37 PM
As I mentioned in my post on the first thread about this subject, she (April Dawn Irving) is mentally disturbed, for sure! Hefty fines, Court Orders, and even jail time won't cure her ... she'll just go out and do it again, as soon as she gets the chance.

She needs to be confined to a mental facility, where she can get proper treatment, and hopefully cured.

Where do I sign a petition for that?

Mac

Blaker159
02-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Or maybe just make her live one year of her life the same way she had those dogs live. And if she is alive at the end then we can maybe get her some help

alacringa
02-18-2015, 08:13 PM
She needs to be confined to a mental facility.

x2. Something needs to be done to make sure this woman never gets within 50 yards of a living animal.

Andrzej
02-18-2015, 08:34 PM
She probably thinks that she is animal lover and she will take care of them all so no other person can abuse them. She needs medical help but should be banned from owing any animal and if released in to society she should be weekly supervised .
Fines and jail will not change sick mind.

Sad story.She is not the only one of this kind.

shep dog
02-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Or maybe just make her live one year of her life the same way she had those dogs live. And if she is alive at the end then we can maybe get her some help

Do your parents know you're using a computer without supervision?

I think it's past your bedtime.

molly
02-18-2015, 09:15 PM
As I mentioned in my post on the first thread about this subject, she (April Dawn Irving) is mentally disturbed, for sure! Hefty fines, Court Orders, and even jail time won't cure her ... she'll just go out and do it again, as soon as she gets the chance.

She needs to be confined to a mental facility, where she can get proper treatment, and hopefully cured.

Mac

She should get all of the above...fines, court orders, jail time in a nuthouse, lifetime ban Canada wide and her mug plastered everywhere to warn people about her. Like they do for sexual predators. :sign0176:

realitysucks
02-19-2015, 08:28 AM

X2 my thoughts exactly

Burrowing Owl
02-19-2015, 06:20 PM
I rarely sign petitions, but have signed this one. Her actions are beyond disgusting.

Mountain Adventurer
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM
They should be changing the laws in cases like this. Years back I heard a similar case but it involved horses. Owning a pet of any kind should be considered, to a degree the same as a child. Provide the basic necessities to life or loose your privilege..for any living thing. Makes me wonder if she has kids ? :angry3::angry3::angry3:

alacringa
02-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Makes me wonder if she has kids ?

I had the same thought, but repressed it because the thought of what the answer might be was too disturbing.

molly
02-20-2015, 08:15 AM
I have not read anything about her that mentions any family. I can't even find a photo of her, for god's sake! I keep googling, to no avail. People need to know what she looks like and she needs to be monitored...who is to say she hasn't found a couple more dogs to replace the ones taken away? Is her home being watched? Oh, for the good old days of vigilantism...sigh. :mad3:

TLSpeed
02-20-2015, 08:58 AM
I will also sign and pass on. Some people have ZERO compassion. What a terrible thing....