PDA

View Full Version : do not call list

artie
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Has anyone had any luck with the do not call list. I am now getting so many telemarketers on my cell phone that it is driving me crazzy.

birdee
02-18-2015, 06:02 PM
ya put your name on the call list and that will double.The list is only good if it originates in canada. They sold the list to the telemarketers in the us.:mad3:

wwbirds
02-18-2015, 06:09 PM
At first didnt seem to work but for a couple months I reported every solicitation call I got after telling the operator (if live caller) I was on DN call list. Seldom get any now.
they seem to operate in cycles wont get one for 2-3 months and then will 10 in 2 weeks. Report them all.

jhillock
02-18-2015, 06:14 PM
IMO you can and will never stop unwanted solicitors from calling you, even if your number is unlisted. I here a lot of the call centers use an "auto-dialer". Resistance is futile...

The best of those idiots are the ones that claim they're from Microsoft. I swore I heard his head spin when he told me my computer was sending him error messages and I told him I didn't have a computer. I love screwing with those guys. Especially the ones that if you happen to give an answer that forces them to go off script, they panic.
:thinking-006:

bat119
02-18-2015, 06:38 PM
There is no escape

we can lower your credit card interest has called me 17 times this year so far I have fruitlessly reported every call to the do not call center. I press 1 let them answer then hang up still does nothing to stop them. I will never do business with anyone over the phone for any reason.

airbornedeerhunter
02-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Do not call lists are useless, they will still call.

Best to just have fun with it, I try to blow off steam after a bad day at work by unleashing a blue streak of profanity over the phone until they hang up.

If you're quick on your feet you could do what this guy did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

sewerrat
02-18-2015, 07:01 PM
The Mariott hotel called me today, I told the guy that he had a sexy voice, and would like to get together with him, He then hung up, but my co workers were laughing their heads off.

coolpete1
02-18-2015, 07:02 PM
i called bell and complained , the calls cut down quite a bit after that.

alacringa
02-18-2015, 08:07 PM
The Mariott hotel called me today, I told the guy that he had a sexy voice, and would like to get together with him, He then hung up, but my co workers were laughing their heads off.

Now THAT might work. I'm pretty tired of winning cruises at this point.