PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake access

Moonwalker
02-18-2015, 08:42 PM
I've never ice fished on Slave and looking at going out on sat or sun. Where do you access at Spruce Point and is the lake ok to drive on there? Also any pointers for the area would be appreciated. :)

Scottie
02-19-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't think there is access from Spruce Point, but If you head east a km or two people are driving on at little Miami.
Good luck

outdoors forever
02-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Hey Moon, I fish Lesser Slave a TON, but unfortunately cannot offer any info on the south / east side.

I do know that access at Joussard is pretty rough lately, lots of drifting, you will need 4x4 for sure. I've heard varying reports from the fishing being great, to being really poor.

Further north / west on the Hilliards Bay side, the access is fantastic. I went out last night and didn't even use 4x4 with my Chevy Tracker. The fishing has been VERY slow the past week, but the week before that was awesome.

I have a feeling it will heat up again in the next few days.

Kokaneeranger
02-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Good day Reel time! I am hoping you could let me know how the fishing is in your neck of the woods. I have both kids down with a flu bug right now but with the long term forecast looking quite nice I would like to get mom and the kids out your way for a day rental. I was thinking of heading your way for a scout tomorrow but I live in Sexsmith and did not want to commit to the drive if things have been slow. How are they biting and do you have any units available for next Saturday?