PDA

View Full Version : Dieter at Barry Jay's

Bobby B.
02-19-2015, 03:59 PM
This afternoon, I stopped by Barry Jay's to view a few Lund boats. The salesman who came over to assist me is named Dieter. Anyone have any experience with Dieter? Is he a stand up guy? Can he be trusted?

Bobby

Moefoe
02-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Buddy of mine dropped $38K on a Princecraft from those guys last year...not sure who the salesman was but he's happy with the boat, price and service!

walleyejunkie
02-19-2015, 05:56 PM
I bought a lund from dieter at barry jays,the boat is waiting for me to pick it up I felt he was good to deal with .ill let you know in a couple of weeks when I pick up my boat. he is slow returning calls :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

tight line
02-19-2015, 07:01 PM
I dealt with Richard when i bought my Princecraft. But from what i have seen thr Staff are all pretty good, i liked that there was no hidden costs or BS to deal with. Get him to throw in all the safety accesories for you as a deal!

EZM
02-20-2015, 07:49 AM
When I was looking to purchase my Lund Tyee a few years ago I shopped around. Barry Jays seemed to be good to deal with. I ended up buying my boat at Riverside Honda, at a better price, with a Honda motor instead to the Mercury offered though Barry Jays.

At the time both dealers here in Edmonton seemed great. The dealer south of Calgary was a complete joke (but that's another story)

After I purchased my boat Riverside's customer service and no questions asked, bend over backwards, take care of me has been absolutely benchmark. I will never buy another boat from anyone else except for them. I have been blown away with their outstanding service willingness to go out out their way accommodating their customers.

They have fixed stuff I broke, clearly my fault, at no charge with no questions asked (seat pedestal almost 2 years after, the snaps on my travel cover, my trailer brake, etc.. etc... long past the official warranty expired.

The work is done at or below the cost estimate, always on time or early, and done neatly and done properly.

jwloco
02-20-2015, 08:00 AM
I have dealt with both Dieter and Richard at Barry J's. Both good guys. Ended up buying my princecraft from Richard at Barry J's.

walleyejunkie
03-06-2015, 04:23 PM
bobby; I just picked up my new lund from barry jays marine and I had ordered it back in oct.so until today I didn,t know if I got everything I ordered and paid for and the the electronics that I dropped to have installed as part of the deal.i,m very happy with the dealer and dieter, I would buy from them again

Moefoe
03-06-2015, 04:56 PM
bobby; I just picked up my new lund from barry jays marine and I had ordered it back in oct.so until today I didn,t know if I got everything I ordered and paid for and the the electronics that I dropped to have installed as part of the deal.i,m very happy with the dealer and dieter, I would buy from them again

Just out of curiosity what model of Lund did you purchase and what electronic package are you running?

mike780
03-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Bot a lund at barry jays marine and i wont go back again! worst warranty service i have ever had in my life!
traded the boat in on a kingfisher and now i wont look back!
gibbons motor toys is where i go now.

froggy
03-07-2015, 08:30 AM
i stopped in at Barry jays when I was shopping as well but I ended up at riverside Barry jays seemed a little shady and I also got a better deal at riverside by the way I have owner several boats and I love my Lund by far the best so far

Walleye101
03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
I can honestly say that they are truly an exceptional dealer to deal with. Grady in service is outstanding. I bought my Lund there in 2012. I had some major warranty issues with the boat and they bent over backwards for me to get it fixed up just in time for a tournament. I've been in the car business for 20 years and I know what to look for in a dealer. I will buy my next Lund from them and will continue to do business with them.

diamond k
03-08-2015, 07:12 PM
I had to file court documents to have Deiter make things right on a purchase when he worked at Rainbow. I would not deal with him but that is just my 2 cents

diamond k
03-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I had to file court documents to have Deiter make things right on a purchase when he worked at Rainbow. I would not deal with him but that is just my 2 cents