PDA

View Full Version : And the Red Queen escapes again

Hat in the Cat
02-20-2015, 05:02 PM
It would almost be comical if it weren't for all the money wasted was ours.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alison-redford-investigation-closed-by-rcmp-without-charges-1.2965620

MagnumMachine
02-20-2015, 05:11 PM
No surprises there. After all there ARE 2 sets of laws. 1 for the few and 1 for the many.
Makes you wonder though what dirt she has on the RCMP to effectively neuter the investigation. High River perhaps?

Smokey
02-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Now that Prentice has made it more difficult to request information the pigs at the trough will continue, he will be a Male Redford. Won't be any different. Don't surprise me, they still can't find his expense records from his time in Ottawa. This ambulance chasing Liberal should go back to Ontario to his corporate bank gig.

I did not vote for him.:angry3:

RandyBoBandy
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Hail to the TEFLON QUEEN :sHa_sarcasticlol:

schmedlap
02-20-2015, 08:32 PM
They investigated. They found what she did was "wrong". But not "criminal". They could bring charges and we could have a very lengthy trial process, way down the road, at which, in the opinion of those who examined the evidence, she would almost undoubtedly be acquitted of criminal charges. Big costs to me the taxpayer, but no "benefit". Even if she were convicted, under our system she would not really suffer any grave consequences, if any at all, other than her costs of defence. Even if she ever spent one day in jail (very unlikely?) I don't think even the most hardened "incarcerated persons" of the relevant orientation perspective would make it interesting, in her case(?).
She has to live with the fact that she will go down in history as the absolute worst Premier, in every way, in our history (hard to believe anyone could supplant Don Getty in that position, but she did) and among the worst in Canadian history (in my humble opinion). While I would dearly like to get the rest of my directly misspent tax dollars back, there is no way we will ever recover that, let alone the literal billions that she cost us in the long term, which is actually much more significant than her personal arrogant disrespect for the public purse.
Just move on and learn (?).

twofifty
02-20-2015, 08:48 PM
When there are no direct consequences for a politician's crimes, a climate of impunity is created for the others. They know they can get away with pretty near anything save murder. The latter is a privilege reserved for Vancouver airport RCMP.

To say nothing of the general population's increased disgust for politicians and the political process, nomination conventions, elections, etc. After awhile,
the public gives up hope and withdraws from public discourse and public affairs.

Long term, each time politicians' crimes go unpunished we erode our democracy.

Dacotensis
02-20-2015, 09:44 PM
When there are no direct consequences for a politician's crimes, a climate of impunity is created for the others. They know they can get away with pretty near anything save murder. The latter is a privilege reserved for Vancouver airport RCMP.

To say nothing of the general population's increased disgust for politicians and the political process, nomination conventions, elections, etc. After awhile,
the public gives up hope and withdraws from public discourse and public affairs.

See how civilized we've all become;)

ex811
02-20-2015, 09:50 PM

Agree X2

Bigwoodsman
02-20-2015, 09:51 PM

^^^^^
Well said

BW

badbrass
02-20-2015, 10:04 PM
She is a real COW! Thats all I have to say! A FAT COW!

twofifty
02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
See how civilized we've all become;)

And polite too. ;)

Redfrog
02-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Yep a cowboy's dream.

A fat cow with a pair of fat calves.

Quite a coincidence that this report and finding the case of mad cow came out the same time.

hover
02-21-2015, 08:10 AM

Why would you insult cows? Seriously, I am loosing all faith in our system. Politicians get away with everything. A regular civil employee would be charged and punished for a lot less.

58thecat
02-21-2015, 08:15 AM

No cows are useful......

45/70/500
02-21-2015, 08:21 AM
for those who have not read the book called UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES you should, it explains what can/should be done when politicians run off the rails of proper behaviour

HalfBreed
02-21-2015, 08:30 AM
I don't understand the uproar over some person that was voted into office. If it's so bad why aren't there people burning down the legislature holding pitchforks and calling for fairness for tax dollars?

That many voters can't be wrong after all. :argue2:

BlackHeart
02-21-2015, 09:34 AM
There is a good reason for proceeding with criminal fraud charges.

First if convicted, it would end her chances to land some cushy job in the UN or an embassy.
Second, it would end her law career, as I thought you can't continue to be a lawyer with a criminal conviction.
Third it would make her such that no corporate board would touch her.
Fourth it would send a message to the other pigs at the trough.

Redfrog
02-21-2015, 04:53 PM
I don't understand the uproar over some person that was voted into office. If it's so bad why aren't there people burning down the legislature holding pitchforks and calling for fairness for tax dollars?

That many voters can't be wrong after all. :argue2:

How many voters? You can form government in Canada with 15% of the population voting for you. Not 15% of the voters, but 15% of the population.:thinking-006:

Got Juice?
02-21-2015, 05:17 PM
No cows are useful......

Yes, we pull hard on their nipples and get milk.

I wouldnt even want to touch hers.....

Redfrog
02-21-2015, 05:47 PM
We need a new approach.

Since the RCMP are afraid of her turning them all into toads, she won't be charged.

Who better to deal with a moonbat than the dark knight.

http://fannishery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/the-batman.jpg

He should be ok with his Hazmat suit on.:sHa_shakeshout:

densa44
02-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Wow I almost thought for a minute that politicians would be held accountable for their own laws. Now I know the laws are meant for us not them.

How about instead of a big fat pension when we finally are rid of then, 5 years in the slammer for their crimes.

From The Hip
02-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Why would you insult cows? Seriously, I am loosing all faith in our system. Politicians get away with everything. A regular civil employee would be charged and punished for a lot less.

Gary Holden USED to be the CEO of Enmax.He got fired for taking a bribe and that specific bribe was an all expense paid trip to the Monaco Grand Prix.He took the bribe and went on the trip and later it caught up with him.He lost his job but he still got a 4 million dollar severance package.

The guy get FIRED with JUST cause for taking a BRIBE and he gets a severance package :thinking-006:....I have a HUGE problem with that.Hey though it is no problem as it is Enmax(supposedly owned by Calgarians) which posts 800 million per quarter profits(off of us Calgarians) and it sends the profits to the coffers of the City of Calgary.....which in turn continues with it's year over year tax hikes.

A trip to Monaco for the Grand Prix is my dream vacation....and some over paid pencil pusher gets it as a bribe and then gets fired and then gets a severance package......no amount of profanity can describe how this makes me feel.....even the rant from Trains/Plains & Automobiles when he gets back to the car rental place equals my level of hatred and disgust.

FTH

Got Juice?
02-22-2015, 03:10 PM
The RCMP couldn't charge her.... that's a laugh, she probably threatened to spill the beans about who was giving the orders at High River:snapoutofit: