PDA

View Full Version : Anybody speaks German? Is this/he for real?

ak-71
02-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Wonder if the subtitles are right, or it's one of the information war hoax again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcR9jl4AM3A&feature=youtu.be

Actually, if he subtitles are right, then he is not being honest - there are plenty of photos of the same kind of people spearheading the "revolution" in Kiev last year, way before Crimea or SE uprising. It is also known that some of them got converted into "National guard" and do fight in SE.
But for a diplomat to give it a stamp of approval on TV??? :snapoutofit:

avb3
02-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Wonder if the subtitles are right, or it's one of the information war hoax again?

Actually, if he subtitles are right, then he is not being honest - there are plenty of photos of the same kind of people spearheading the "revolution" in Kiev last year, way before Crimea or SE uprising. It is also known that some of them got converted into "National guard" and do fight in SE.

The subtitles were an accurate, virtually word for word, translation of what was said.

ak-71
02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
May be it's because my country lost over 25,000,000 during the war with Nazi, including over a 7,000,000 of military personnel, but I find this video to be really disgusting

KGB
02-20-2015, 11:42 PM
That just made me sick..... On the other note: why don't they invite some ISIS fighters to join them? Then we can just remove the sanctions agains Russia and whatch what's gonna happen next.... My former comrades are not going to fart around with political correctness .....

crunchiespg
02-21-2015, 07:59 AM
May be it's because my country lost over 25,000,000 during the war with Nazi, including over a 7,000,000 of military personnel, but I find this video to be really disgusting

Not condoning the nazis. But didn't your own government kill more fellow Russians than the nazis ever did?

Personally if my country was being attacked by Russia I'd take any allies, even if they were of a questionable natures.
My enemies enemy is my friend after all.
That said I have Russian friends and the people are great. But taking any land by military force is wrong. And seems to be exactly what's going on in Ukraine.

KGB
02-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes you are right, the soviet government back in 1937-1954 killed as many people as Nazi did. Nobody knows the exact numbers.... But.... The Ukraine population suffered huge human losses during the Nazi occupation. The Ukraine had its own underground resistance to Nazi occupation just like all other ex soviet republics that was under the German occupation.
That's why it is so sickening to see the neo nazi flags flying over the Ukraine.

crunchiespg
02-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes you are right, the soviet government back in 1937-1954 killed as many people as Nazi did. Nobody knows the exact numbers.... But.... The Ukraine population suffered huge human losses during the Nazi occupation. The Ukraine had its own underground resistance to Nazi occupation just like all other ex soviet republics that was under the German occupation.
That's why it is so sickening to see the neo nazi flags flying over the Ukraine.

But many would say it is just as sickening to see a Russian flag flying over Ukraine. Ukrainian folks that I know were glad to escape the soviet empire in 1991 and don't want to go back.

Both the nazi and soviet systems are totalitarian regimes just at opposite ends of the political spectrum. But the nazi threat no longer exists. But Russia could cause a real threat, especially to those of us in the west. They are already testing UK and Canada air space.
I'm not scared of a few idiot neo nazis who are too stupid to know what they believe, I am concerned about Putin and his intentions.

oyster_777
02-21-2015, 12:01 PM

Yup. It was accurate.

ak-71
02-21-2015, 12:02 PM
But many would say it is just as sickening to see a Russian flag flying over Ukraine. Ukrainian folks that I know were glad to escape the soviet empire in 1991 and don't want to go back.

Both the nazi and soviet systems are totalitarian regimes just at opposite ends of the political spectrum. But the nazi threat no longer exists. But Russia could cause a real threat, especially to those of us in the west. They are already testing UK and Canada air space.
I'm not scared of a few idiot neo nazis who are too stupid to know what they believe, I am concerned about Putin and his intentions.

I have a simple advice for you - read some news from Donbas to balance CNN BS, talk to people from this area, who call home to relatives (at least when they still could). Believe me, you will realize really soon your fear of "Russians are coming" was as "strange" as a stupid movie from cold war.

On the other hand fear of "idiot nazis" backed by the new government and, sadly, by the way "you in the west" is quite real for Russian Ukrainians, which are in a majority in this region.
Look it up, my mother worked in Gorlovka for a few years, I visited her friends, majority were born there, look it up 85% list Russian as a 1st language. Sorry it's just the way history is - part of Russian Empire way before Soviet period.
Most of the "nazi" force there is from the part which was in Austro-Hungarian Empire and do not consider people of Donbas as compatriots
BTW I am totally for united Ukraine, but making one side to loose fast (especially to the people like in the video) IS very different to helping people to make peace with each other.

KGB
02-21-2015, 12:19 PM

I am not scared of few neo nazi idiots either, what scaries me is the fact that the Ukrainian government allows them to join forces with the government forces. These guys are not only going against Russians, but also have a good history of going after Jews, Gypsies and anybody else who does not fit into their "purebred" philosophy. When government starting to employ this kind of people - it gets really scary!