PDA

View Full Version : anybody heading out tomorrow?

allenford
12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
lol, yes I know it is Christmas.

just curious anyone heading out ?

planed to Gull tomorrow.

:D:D:D:D

dodger
12-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Those days have been long gone since I got married, I use to go with my brother fishing every Christmas for the day. :cry:
Dodger.

2430M
12-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeppers...wife and I will be heading out early :D

allenford
12-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Those days have been long gone since I got married, I use to go with my brother fishing every Christmas for the day. :cry:
Dodger.

lol................

Fish Cannon
12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Wife has me at home tomorrow, but Friday and Saturday is another story.

Albertadiver
12-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I'll be out in pine lake tommorrow with my father, and maybe my wife.

We'll either be in a blue dodge dakota quad cab, or a blue quad cab chevy silverado 2500HD. With my new collapsable shelter, it's got black walls and dark brown canvas.

allenford
12-24-2008, 07:58 PM
will be on gull 9 am

Alberta Bigbore
12-24-2008, 08:04 PM
If i went fishing on xmas day, id be skinned alive and used for bait.

buckmaster
12-24-2008, 08:07 PM
If i went fishing on xmas day, id be skinned alive and used for bait.

LOL, your already tied down! Skinned and now covered by lots of skin!:evilgrin::sick: Mery xmas and dont forget to buzz me on friday!

Mudder Man
12-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Will be at Brownlows this morning between 9 and 10 am. That will be me in the Green & Grey 97 Dodge Diesel. Looks like the weather will be in our favour today.

MM

~Octane~
12-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Just about to head out for some late night walleye action, then either Battle or Gull in the morning, Calling Saturday and dont know where sunday yet. I can already hear the big walleye smackin their lips!!:D

mini-moose
12-25-2008, 06:51 PM
anyone have any luck?

Albertadiver
12-25-2008, 08:40 PM
spent the day at Pine Lake today, about 18" of ice. Got skunked, but we forgot to pick up bait the day earlier, so everything was closed. Tried to use cheese.

Blue dodge dakota quad cab with folding shelter, black walls, brown canvas.

Trying to decide between Sylvan Lake or Gull lake for tommorrow. I'd like to go after whitefish and perch. Only access to Gull I'm familiar with is at Aspen Beach. Anyone been that way?

fluxcore
12-25-2008, 09:11 PM
spent the day at Pine Lake today, about 18" of ice. Got skunked, but we forgot to pick up bait the day earlier, so everything was closed. Tried to use cheese.

Blue dodge dakota quad cab with folding shelter, black walls, brown canvas.

Trying to decide between Sylvan Lake or Gull lake for tommorrow. I'd like to go after whitefish and perch. Only access to Gull I'm familiar with is at Aspen Beach. Anyone been that way?

I was out on gull today, turned onto the lake just before aspen beach. there were some deep drifts but not much chance of getting stuck (i was in a pt crusier) It was a little cold and windy so I set up one rod for pike out in frount of the car and augered a hole right outside my window and fished for perch. I landed three nice perch and never had a hit on the pike setup (minnow). Im heading out again in the morning not sure if it will be gull or sylvan but im leaning towards gull its always been my favorite.

MB1
12-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Decent sized perch? How thick was the ice?

tchow
12-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Will be launching at Brownlow's in the AM. Parking and walking on as even if the Ice is 12" or better, it doesn't form evenly. Will be with a Green One man Eskimo and Red Nautilus suit.. It'll look X-Masy from a distance.:D:D

Freeman
12-25-2008, 10:21 PM
we two went to Gull today, landed one 5 pound Burbot and three kept-size pike. We fished Halfmoon Bay, Saw some white fish and a few small perch, but no bite.

will be on a three day fishing + ski trip tomorrow, try Pinecoulee and Sherburne for the first time.

expecting to get some help

Fish Cannon
12-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Son and I will be at Jackfish Lake around 9 am (red 3-man Eskimo Tent).

fluxcore
12-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Decent sized perch? How thick was the ice?

the perch were nice keepers and the ice was way thicker thay I thought it would be id say 16+" cant wait to get back out:D

Albertadiver
12-25-2008, 11:23 PM
I was out on gull today, turned onto the lake just before aspen beach. there were some deep drifts but not much chance of getting stuck (i was in a pt crusier) It was a little cold and windy so I set up one rod for pike out in frount of the car and augered a hole right outside my window and fished for perch. I landed three nice perch and never had a hit on the pike setup (minnow). Im heading out again in the morning not sure if it will be gull or sylvan but im leaning towards gull its always been my favorite.

Might see you then. I'll be with my wife in that blue dakota noted earlier. We'll be heading out from Aspen Beach somewhere along there.

allenford
12-25-2008, 11:24 PM
arrived brownlows 8 am today, and fished for 2 pm.

skunked.

what a nice Christmas!

Alberta Bigbore
12-25-2008, 11:26 PM
arrived brownlows 8 am today, and fished for 2 pm.

skunked.

what a nice Christmas!

OUCH !! what color or lure, what lure were you using? and what was the FOW?

allenford
12-25-2008, 11:47 PM
OUCH !! what color or lure, what lure were you using? and what was the FOW?

eh, tried smelt, wired worm with maggot, nothing worked.

i beleive the reason is the location of holes.

~Octane~
12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Made it out to Pigeon for a quick night bite tonite, the walleye were going pretty nicely in 8 feet of water. Between me and a buddy we got probably around 15. I had a HAWG on, had to be at least 6 or 7 pounds. Nice to see the odd big guy still there.

Hey Allen, Try going straight out about halfway between the boat launch and the tip of the first point. For the whites a simple green and yellow wireworm worked half way up always works for me there. For the pike and burbot, a flying jig tipped with a minnow is dynamite. The perch can be real fussy at times, usually a micro jig tipped with a maggit will do the trick. Good Luck!

Alberta Bigbore
12-26-2008, 01:24 AM
eh, tried smelt, wired worm with maggot, nothing worked.

i beleive the reason is the location of holes.

Im headed out there on sunday morning i think.. then off to sylvan for the afternoon. I didnt get a skunk last time, so im gonna keep positive about the trip

Made it out to Pigeon for a quick night bite tonite, the walleye were going pretty nicely in 8 feet of water. Between me and a buddy we got probably around 15. I had a HAWG on, had to be at least 6 or 7 pounds. Nice to see the odd big guy still there.

Hey Octane.... looking forward to seeing some pics of these Pigeon 'eyes...... Pigeon is on the list of to do's for saturday. Trying to hit 3 different lakes minimum in 3 days, But if tomorrow is good NE of Edmonton, i may return on saturday

cujo1969
12-26-2008, 02:24 AM
heading to mcgregor tommorrow

Mudder Man
12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Fished Brownlows yesterday. Ice is 16 inches minimum( driving my Diesel 3/4 ton out with no troubles) everwhere i have been in Brownlows. Missed 1 white and landed 6 Perch. Back out again today and i am thinking the Whites should be picking back up soon.

Good luck people

MM

allenford
12-26-2008, 08:12 AM

Hey Allen, Try going straight out about halfway between the boat launch and the tip of the first point. For the whites a simple green and yellow wireworm worked half way up always works for me there. For the pike and burbot, a flying jig tipped with a minnow is dynamite. The perch can be real fussy at times, usually a micro jig tipped with a maggit will do the trick. Good Luck!

thanks Octane, will try Gull weekend again.

Albertadiver
12-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Fished Brownlows yesterday. Ice is 16 inches minimum( driving my Diesel 3/4 ton out with no troubles) everwhere i have been in Brownlows. Missed 1 white and landed 6 Perch. Back out again today and i am thinking the Whites should be picking back up soon.

Good luck people

MM

Fished brownlows for most of today too. Skunked AGAIN!!

Didn't see anything, we were in about 8 feet of water. Tryed a pike tip-up with smelts and maggots for whitefish and perch in the shack. Even bought a half dozen of BBJ's lures, and they didn't help either.

Some others looked to be getting the odd burbot, but that's about all I saw.

~Octane~
12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Alberta Bigbore, they are just your basic pigeon eyes, nothing special. If you want to see them go on MSN tomorrow night and i'll show you a few if I have time.

Funny how Gull can be hot and cold so much. Some days a 5 year old girl can limit out on whites and other days its a chore to see one. I know one thing when its on it sure is a blast:D

In other news I hit Wabamun in my favorite spot until dark today. Landed countless pike especially towards dark, 4 good sized whitefish and a burbot. One pike was 23 pounds, 'one' of my best yet from wabby.

hockeyfish
12-27-2008, 01:33 AM
hey were were out at brownlows today too....we caught 3 burbot(one 30 incher)and 1 small perch....saw alot of whitefish, but i didn't get a bite from one...i think its all about luck man...you'll prolly do better next time

Mudder Man
12-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Fished Brownlows again but moved 3 times. 2 small Perch at the first place. Caught one nice Football Walleye out at 2 mile Point. First Walleye i have caught in a long time there and was nice to see them being so healthy. Moved again and got into some Whites and lots of Pike and Ling moving by as well.

Thickest ice i found was at 19 1/2 inches.

Heading to the north side of Sylvan today and will hopefully have something to report from there.

Have fun everyone.

MM