PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Mick Dodge

CanuckShooter
02-21-2015, 03:19 PM
This show should be on wildTV...an amazing show of stamina and old country bush-craft. :thinking-006:

The Legend of Mick Dodge....watch for it. :)

Red Bullets
02-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Been watching Old Mick for a year. He is quite the freeman...

Xiph0id
02-21-2015, 06:37 PM
He is also a fraud.

edmhunter
02-21-2015, 06:39 PM
I have been watching him as well. It's interesting forgoing all the amenities to get in touch with nature like he does. Don't know if I would want to do it, I have always been fond of creature comforts I guess. I wonder how much they are paying him to star in the show?

Plus I don't see many ladies in them there woods, in his show! :bad_boys_20:

CanuckShooter
02-21-2015, 06:41 PM
He is also a fraud.

And what do you have to back up that accusation? :)

lake side
02-21-2015, 06:44 PM
He is one of the reasons I hate TV. Complete phony.

Take him and that Bear Grilles guy and drop them of a high cliff.

L.S.

Xiph0id
02-21-2015, 06:47 PM
And what do you have to back up that accusation? :)

Google it and don't based your opinions on the TV show.

3blade
02-21-2015, 07:02 PM
I saw the one where he "cured" himself of "giardia".... Yeah, nope, not wasting my time. But to be honest, in interviews he's always said its just an entertainment show, not real life. Some people take tv to seriously.

TBark
02-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Recorded a few episodes, watched them, deleted them.
Not enough happening for me, not worth my time.

TBark

Selkirk
02-21-2015, 07:14 PM
I saw the one where he "cured" himself of "giardia".... Yeah, nope, not wasting my time. But to be honest, in interviews he's always said its just an entertainment show, not real life. Some people take tv to seriously.

Amen to that ^ :happy0034:

Too many people here need to get off the couch, out the door, and into the 'real' reality!

Mac

Mb-MBR
02-21-2015, 07:16 PM
About as real as Pamela Anderson's assets.....even the editing is horrible!!!Different wardrobes for same shot! Amateurish at best in content and quality.

Mountain Adventurer
02-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Great show! I was expecting to see a man with a couple beers short of a six pack or maybe some loose marbles, but no he's all there. Must be a lonely life though.

edmhunter
02-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Amen to that ^ :happy0034:

Too many people here need to get off the couch, out the door, and into the 'real' reality!

Mac

Ok Mac, you go first, I will follow! :)

Smokinyotes
02-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Watched 5 minutes of it one time. To stupid for me.

Hydro1
02-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I watch it on youtube because its there. Much like how i watch mountain men, because its on and better than honey boo boo and all of the other crap on tv.

ak-71
02-21-2015, 10:48 PM

L.S.

Or anywhere without the support team for 3-4 weeks - same thing

Segundo
02-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Nothing much on any where this morning .....

Somedays even reading for five minutes is too much for me .........

Read between those lines .......

And that is my polite opinion .

wildside2014
02-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Google it and don't based your opinions on the TV show.

What makes the guy a fraud? Becayse nat geo scripts situations for the guy on the show? That fact doesnt take away the other fact that he is a naturalist and more or less the guy you do see on tv.

Suck it up bud. I have a feeling every guy you see on tv is a 'fraud' in your eyes.

Xiph0id
02-22-2015, 07:52 AM
What makes the guy a fraud? Becayse nat geo scripts situations for the guy on the show? That fact doesnt take away the other fact that he is a naturalist and more or less the guy you do see on tv.

Suck it up bud. I have a feeling every guy you see on tv is a 'fraud' in your eyes.

No, I thoroughly enjoy watch Les Stroud

FishingMOM
02-22-2015, 07:54 AM
We just watched the July 4th show.
I have to give the guy credit for stepping up and doing his part for helping lost kids and cleaning up and returning garbage to people who litter and dealing with people who are absolute idiots and leave fires burning and leave camp sites.

he also met with a buddy and did some shooting.
When he returned the kids, he hung back and didnt go in for glory, the parents didnt realize the kids were missing, the kids sure did realize they were LOST.

58thecat
02-22-2015, 08:04 AM
This show should be on wildTV...an amazing show of stamina and old country bush-craft. :thinking-006:

The Legend of Mick Dodge....watch for it. :)

This show makes me laugh, is considered entertainment, no different than anything else on the boobtube!:)

KBF
02-22-2015, 08:45 AM
We just watched the July 4th show.
I have to give the guy credit for stepping up and doing his part for helping lost kids and cleaning up and returning garbage to people who litter and dealing with people who are absolute idiots and leave fires burning and leave camp sites.

he also met with a buddy and did some shooting.
When he returned the kids, he hung back and didnt go in for glory, the parents didnt realize the kids were missing, the kids sure did realize they were LOST.

I saw that one too. If you watch close where he returned the kids was the same stretch of river where he had been filming earlier in the episode. I thought that was interesting.

Love it or hate. Good for a laugh either way.

bat119
02-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Its just a show folks however the guy is vey generous donates all his earnings from the show to charity.

Mick Dodge is involved with the Olympic Mountain Earth Wisdom Circle, which believes “We strive to renew humanity’s connection to nature and to the innate spirit of life through practices and lifestyle approaches that revive sacredness, authenticity and ecstasy – helping humanity takes its rightful place within the intelligent harmony of nature.” The payment he receives for his show was given to this business, which charges anywhere from a few hundred dollars to over $3,000 for retreats all over the world. The awesome part about Mick is that all earnings from his TV show go directly to the OMEWC!

More about Olympic Mountain Earth Wisdom Circle: http://www.olympicmountainearthwisdomcircle.org/

Mick does wear shoes
http://exotichikes.com/the-truth-about-the-legend-of-mick-dodge-hoh-rainforest-wildman/

Bobby B.
02-22-2015, 10:30 AM
I watched one episode in which he 'saved' a elk herd from legal hunters:dork: That was all I ever will watch of The Legend.

Bobby

bat119
02-22-2015, 10:34 AM
I watched one episode in which he 'saved' a elk herd from legal hunters:dork: That was all I ever will watch of The Legend.

Bobby

That's funny the only episode I ever watched Mike was cooking elk steaks by laying them on directly on the hot coals in a camp fire. Must have got them from an elk tree LOL

Fisherpeak
02-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Mama always told me "Stupid is as stupid does"Appears we got a bunch on here that never listened to Mama.
It`s fake ,children.Same as unicorns..

Goater
02-22-2015, 11:08 AM
“It's a show. It's a TV show,” Dodge told the Peninsula Daily News

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20140119/NEWS/301199998

pgavey
02-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Watched about 5 min last night Don't know what this guy smoked in his past life but it sure f----- him up. What a phony. It appears you could make a reality show about moss growing on dog dodo these days.

elkdump
02-22-2015, 12:39 PM
What a phoney SOB, what's worse is Nat Geo Channel for promoting the phoney SOB

Caught episode he chased elk herd away from hunters during a hunting season,

If caught him interfering with my hunt I would kick him him in the nuts,,, be interesting to see how he would " quick- heal his aching gonads "

dumoulin
02-22-2015, 01:08 PM

L.S.

Exactly how real do you your tv experience to be?

CanuckShooter
02-22-2015, 02:12 PM
For an old fellow he sure can run and climb....and he has an unusually keen way of donning camouflage.

RedLabel
02-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Fake or not, I'd rather have a show on that promotes respecting nature, getting some fresh air, and returning to the simple pleasures on life.

now if only my iphone would connect to my wifi so i can turn up the heat in here, don't feel like getting off the couch...

Hydro1
02-24-2015, 01:51 AM

If caught him interfering with my hunt I would kick him him in the nuts,,, be interesting to see how he would " quick- heal his aching gonads "

Not trying to stir the pot, but I think it was a no hunting zone?
Or maybe it was just his area so no hunting is allowed. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
EDIT:I just looked it up and it does seem as though he was trying to ruin the hunt for no reason...

edmhunter
02-24-2015, 05:59 AM

:sHa_sarcasticlol: hahahaha, thats funny man! No kidding!!

recce43
02-24-2015, 07:24 AM
it could be worst like alaskan bush people tv show tried watching that one 5mins of my life i will never get back

58thecat
02-24-2015, 07:38 AM
it could be worst like alaskan bush people tv show tried watching that one 5mins of my life i will never get back

Watched that show last night, they are on shrooms for sure!

AbAngler
02-24-2015, 08:29 AM

This show blows my mind. I bet they don't even realize how stupid/inbred they are made to look. Its the train wreck value, much like Gold Rush, that keeps me watching.

And I like Mick Dodge. Its like a comedy.

Ronji
02-24-2015, 08:53 AM

There is something very, very wrong with that bunch.

Smokinyotes
02-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Alaskan bush people has got to be the worse show on tv. I'm not sure but it could be the same cast that was on deliverance.

elkdump
02-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Alaskan bush people has got to be the worse show on tv. I'm not sure but it could be the same cast that was on deliverance.

squeal like a peeg Bubba, , , squeal like a peeg Bubba

Yur gonna be in the movies :scared:

Anzacron
02-24-2015, 11:20 AM
goooosh

ORV
02-24-2015, 01:20 PM
goooosh

after this thread I have watched a few.

I get a kick out of his sense of humour.

orv.

Red Bullets
02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm amazed no one has mentioned the other show on National Geogaphic channel called " Live Free or Die". A several individuals supposedly living on the land. Alot of odd shows out there. These shows are starting a whole subculture.