PDA

View Full Version : BMW i3

HalfBreed
02-22-2015, 12:23 AM
So I'm watching an old rerun of SNL and a commercial comes on for this car. What caught my attention was a mention of a carbon fiber frame, so I took a look online and it does have a lot of carbon fiber.

I also noticed at the bottom of the page a section for first responders so I took a look thinking it was a pitch for the vehicles usefulness in dire situations. Wow, it explains how to safely not get shocked while breaching the vehicle.

I'm no first responder, but that's just whacky. I would think a possibility of fuel leaking at an accident site might ignite given the right conditions, but the process to make this vehicle safe appears to be a long list not to mention that older hydraulic cutting tools might be overloaded for cutting this vehicles body.

Is this something all first responders would discuss at a safety or tailgate meeting? Is this an issue with all electric /hybrid cars? I wonder if dealerships explain this type of thing to prospective buyers? Maybe I'm just reading too much into a non issue? :thinking-006:

Here's a link: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/i/i3/2013/showroom/safety.html