PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Dealers in Edmonton

fishingnut
02-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Can anyone suggest a good Toyota dealer in Edmonton or surrounding area for service? Have a coworker that is in need of some service and does not want to get hosed.

Thanks!

riden
02-22-2015, 12:13 PM
I have been happy with the service from Mayfield.

ETOWNCANUCK
02-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Sherwood Park

moverly
02-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Wilson's auto tech just off 91 Street (north of 51 ave), will never trust the stealership's. They only deal with toyota and honda.

levigne25
02-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Can anyone suggest a good Toyota dealer in Edmonton or surrounding area for service? Have a coworker that is in need of some service and does not want to get hosed.

Thanks!

Do not go to mayfield

rugatika
02-22-2015, 03:54 PM
I've only been there once, but I've heard good things about Toytech. I think it's on Parsons road. They were honest with me when I went there, took it in as I thought it was a serious problem with the front end, and they said it was something simple. Went in thinking I would be spending $1500 and wound up spending $50.

I avoid dealerships if at all possible.

blackonblackfx4
02-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Bought mine at Mayfield and have always been happy with them. They are a bigger dealer but I'm happy with them.

KGB
02-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Wilson's auto tech just off 91 Street (north of 51 ave), will never trust the stealership's. They only deal with toyota and honda.

X2. I have been dealing with them for over 20 years now and will not go any near the dealers. Dealership = stealership...
Wilson is an honest guy and has great technicians there.

lakerman
02-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Had truck fixed somewhere else, 3 months down road started throwing codes, Original mechanic couldn't figure it out and started swapping parts, Wilson figured it out, took back to original mechanic told him what to do, problem fixed, west end isn't owned by wilsons anymore, and mayfield is the biggest crooks around! Free oil change scam is to get you on and then $$$$$$$$$$$:argue2:

radio_silence
02-24-2015, 11:59 PM
Perhaps Mayfield has changed by now.... About 8 yrs ago my mom had to sign a waiver for Mayfield to release her Corolla without them doing a BUNCH of brake work they claimed necessary. Three days later, the Kingsway guys shimmed the back brakes and said there was no further work required.

My dad is always quick to point out that dealership mechanics are subcontractors who rent the bay from dealership. Therefore incompetent dealership mechanics shouldn't reflect on the dealership - whatever.

avb3
02-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Perhaps Mayfield has changed by now.... About 8 yrs ago my mom had to sign a waiver for Mayfield to release her Corolla without them doing a BUNCH of brake work they claimed necessary. Three days later, the Kingsway guys shimmed the back brakes and said there was no further work required.

My dad is always quick to point out that dealership mechanics are subcontractors who rent the bay from dealership. Therefore incompetent dealership mechanics shouldn't reflect on the dealership - whatever.
That is wrong information your dad gave you. I'm not aware of one franchised dealer where that is the case, and suspect it can't be due to franchise agreements.

I was a consultant for a number of years to auto dealers on software and dealt with them throughout North America. Part of the setup involved employees... the service personal where always employees. I was involved with the setup of most of the Toyota dealerships in Edmonton and Calgary... none of their mechanics were subcontractors.

muskegnmud
12-19-2016, 06:27 PM
old post I know
just wanted to give another thumbs down to the Mayfield service dept
truck went in for a recall
miserable, tiresome experience right from the start
all of that and an attempted scam on their part for additional work
talked to the service manager....waste of time, corruption starts at the top
bought my truck there, one service experience
I won't be going back

blackonblackfx4
12-20-2016, 05:28 PM
I've always been happy with mayfield too. Bought my 2012 Tacoma there and had all the service done there. Pretty reasonable people, sales Dept is pretty honest and straight forward, decent inventory

lakerman
12-21-2016, 05:53 AM
Pulled wool over my eyes when sold us a smoked in vehicle and claimed it wasn't, thing had a slight off odour, and the guarantee you could get your money back with in 7 days,well by the 6 th day you couldn't even step into the garage the thing smelled so bad,and they'd give back the money as a credit and then wouldn't budge on the other cars price, the free oil change is a way to get you in there and then rack up the bill, how may times do you have to get your brakes checked before they work,well simple pads and 500 bucks for the front going in 4 times, and yes I've done brakes,when looking for another new car they were my best bud all sorts of discounts special coupons repeat business garbage,they Weren't even in the ball park in the end,Wilson was able to fix my old taco,west end location,he sold it and the new guys there are learning the ropes,

Dean2
12-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Mayfield isn't just crooked they are way more expensive than Kingsway and on both parts and service. If you are on warranty I would use Kingsway, off warranty use a good private mechanic. They are less than half the price and do great work. I do most of my own work but I also use Premium Automotive when I am too busy or feeling lazy. Shop rate is $100 an hour. I supply the parts I order from Rock Auto, he installs them. Front brakes on the Forerunner, $100. Replace valve cover gaskets, really ugly job, $200.

Islander421
12-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Had a continuous battle with Kingsway who's idea to help fix my truck at the time was to trade in and upgrade. I could go on.

I would try Sherwood park.

blackonblackfx4
12-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Kingsway sales Dept is a bunch of crooks. Wouldn't walk in there

MR.K
12-21-2016, 04:33 PM
I bought mine at Sherwood Park Toyota and after taking it back once-never again
I deal with Toyota on the Trail and the service is great
I would buy my next one there:)

406gto
12-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Out of All Toyota dealer's in Edmonton, atleast pertaining to 4 Runner's specifically the 2016 Silver Trail Edition which only come's one way, a Gentleman named Bill (ederly), was No Bull Crap, didnt have to Talk to anyone went through every right up front, Cost was given in approx 20.min's, unit New was 45,500 plus tax. and of course there office fee which he knocked off 165.00, also included was , Free OIl Change's, Bug deflector, Block heater, Rubber matt's, and willing to deal on 2 coat's undercoating as long as vehicle could sit in shop Over weekend. I did go to Gateway as we purchased a New 2012 Seqouia Platinum in 2012, and No One could touch price there either, which i found funny as we were prior customer's, Maybe Paying for New Building LOL, So as far as, When priced trail Edition in September's End mayfield was cheaper by 4035.00, WILL never step foot or have any of my Tire's leave any track's on Sherwood's OR Kingsway toyota. EVER.....( can tell these Two dealer's just want a signature, Plus Sales Dont Know anything about what there selling, even my 16 yr old son picked up on that. Tacoma Town was ( Second), seemed very nice also.
Plus i have a few people i know that have Tundra's and Mayfield & Tacoma Town really Stand behind there Off-Road suspension lift's

liar
12-21-2016, 09:39 PM
the only reason i dont drive a toyota anymore is MAYFIELD TOYOTA . the service dept never once got simple instructions correct . also , when i bought a truck from there they insured me that they would have a courtesy vehicle for me when i came in for service work . that vehicle was never once available for me .

RolHammer
12-22-2016, 12:14 PM

Thanks!Do not got to Sherwood Park Toyota is all I can say. Had a bit of a run-in with them over a practice called 'overlap billing' (if you need to remove part X, entailing the removal of pulley C, which sits under pulley B, which in turn sits under pulley A, you pay the rate for removal of pulley A, plus the rate for pulley B which also includes the rate for removal of pulley A, plus the rate for pulley C which also includes the rate for removal of pulleys B & A). Bitter & expensive lesson, but one that gave me the nudge to start down the road of my own maintenance work. Found a better shop instead.