PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead full of plastic

flint guy
02-22-2015, 06:46 PM
They found in the vedder river bc a steelhead with a belly full of plastic. Guess is it happened in the ocean, before entering the river. A second was caught the same week with plastic and a bottle cap. Global national had a segment on it.

James Henry
02-22-2015, 07:11 PM
With all the crap flowing in from Japan's tsunami, its no wonder.

rena0040
02-22-2015, 07:17 PM
I fished the vedder last year in march for steelhead and was disgusted by the amount of garbage along the shores. Never would have thought it would have been worse than along the bow but....

Redfrog
02-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I fished the vedder last year in march for steelhead and was disgusted by the amount of garbage along the shores. Never would have thought it would have been worse than along the bow but....

That's disappointing. I lived not far from there and fished it many times. It was always clean, no litter.

CanuckShooter
02-22-2015, 07:35 PM
It's the new age, nobody taught their kids not to litter. The vast majority of the younger generation have no relationship with the environment. Under 45s are the worst.

anthony5
02-22-2015, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=CanuckShooter;2745137]It's the new age, nobody taught their kids not to litter. The vast majority of the younger generation have no relationship with the environment. Under 45s are the worst.[/QUOTE

I Have 2 boys, 31 and 27 that would take exeption to that remark, but unfortunately you are correct, pretty sad.

ESOXangler
02-22-2015, 08:59 PM
It's the new age, nobody taught their kids not to litter. The vast majority of the younger generation have no relationship with the environment. Under 45s are the worst.

You're kidding right? The younger generation are the most environmentally conscious of all generations yet!

huntsfurfish
02-22-2015, 09:32 PM
You're kidding right? The younger generation are the most environmentally conscious of all generations yet!

I agree.