PDA

View Full Version : Obama refuses to call ISIS Muslim...

KGB
02-22-2015, 10:23 PM
This is really worrying ..... What a hell is wrong with his guy?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961803/Former-CIA-director-says-Obama-scared-call-ISIS-terrorists-Islamic-FBI-director-wasn-t-invited-extremist-summit.html

HalfBreed
02-22-2015, 10:30 PM
The comments are worth a read.

masalma
02-22-2015, 10:38 PM
As much as I don't like Obama, he is right.

War is not with Islam, war is against terrorists.

rugatika
02-22-2015, 10:42 PM

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Sun Tzu

DiabeticKripple
02-22-2015, 10:54 PM
who cares what religion this group follows?

silverdoctor
02-22-2015, 11:11 PM
“We are not at war with Islam,” Obama said. “We are at war with people who have perverted Islam.”

Wow, what a concept...

KGB
02-22-2015, 11:14 PM
NO kidding.....

nelsonob1
02-22-2015, 11:16 PM

Agreed. They are a bunch of rabid dogs. Religion is the excuse. A common denominator. Nothing more.

243 wild cat
02-23-2015, 12:57 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961803/Former-CIA-director-says-Obama-scared-call-ISIS-terrorists-Islamic-FBI-director-wasn-t-invited-extremist-summit.html

I feel your pain:sign0176: Lol just need to let it go KGB he's not all there:Lightning:

Artist
02-23-2015, 02:13 AM

The "religion" they follow, despite attempts to isolate them simply as "terrorists" (and nothing more), is nevertheless a theology which has built into it, a militant component - that is a fact of Muslim theology. Do all 'Muslims' act upon that militant component?...absolutely not, but those who do, and who through doing such, form the small minority of Muslim "terrorists" are still, theologically, "Muslim" nevertheless. Their militancy is absolutely an extension of their religion, at least, as far as theology is concerned. The attempt to portray the militancy as having nothing to do with the theology/religion, is to either not understand, or, is to misrepresent the theology/religion in the first place. Nice try Obama. I'd have to disagree, and say that we are definitely at war with a theology - at least with a small component of it.

Blackwolf
02-23-2015, 02:51 AM
how can you be at war with an ideology? We can be in conflict, but not war. War is something you have with another country. With more than 82% of Muslims wanting Sharia Law worldwide, one has to consider whether we are fighting just Islamic extremists, or whether we are in conflict with the entire religion.

Winch101
02-23-2015, 06:52 AM
These little squabbles have been going on since Christianity and Islam
Were invented . Hasn't been one for awhile , 1992,Bosnian war ,Catholics
Murdered 8000 Muslims .
I think Hussein Obama is Muslim , what do you expect ,he has to go
Out in the real world pretty soon .

EZM
02-23-2015, 08:56 AM
, 1992,Bosnian war ,Catholics
Murdered 8000 Muslims .

Catholics murdered Muslims? are you sure? You should get your facts straight before spouting out garbage.

If you are suggesting that Serbians where accused of murdering Bosnian people ..... then be aware that Serbian are not Catholics, they are Orthodox.

Also, be aware that if you are Bosnian you are not necessarily a Muslim.

Just another example of opinions about stuff were you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

JD848
02-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't care what Obama calls these bags of crap ,they need to be wiped of the face of this planet,also boko haram I think that's his name, if I could hire myself out or be taken in the army by Canada I would love nothing more than to pound down all day on these low lifes ,I would burn a box of barrels a day if the gov gave them to me but I almost 60 and I can not be sent out,if they ever say any age I am in no cuff.They send out young men and leave us older guys at home for are golden years,i have 45 years of hard shooting behind me all it would be is different target.

Sashi
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM

This terrorism is a Cancer within the Islamic religion and only the Muslims can eradicate its existence. Our guns and bombs will accomplish nothing against an army of terrorist, which is allowed to hide itself within a religion.

Artist
02-23-2015, 10:21 AM
This terrorism is a Cancer within the Islamic religion and only the Muslims can eradicate its existence. Our guns and bombs will accomplish nothing against an army of terrorist, which is allowed to hide itself within a religion.

Very well said. It's very difficult to physically pinpoint, surround, and eradicate an "ideology" which now has tentacles world-wide via the web. The motivation to kill in the name of "Allahu Akbar" is like a computer virus embedded deep within the 'hard-drive' of the 'Muslim computer', and as you say, the only ones who are truly positioned to quarantine and/or eradicate that virus are the theological technicians who 'work at that company.'

vcmm
02-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Bingo!

HalfBreed
02-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Very well said. It's very difficult to physically pinpoint, surround, and eradicate an "ideology" which now has tentacles world-wide via the web. The motivation to kill in the name of "Allahu Akbar" is like a computer virus embedded deep within the 'hard-drive' of the 'Muslim computer', and as you say, the only ones who are truly positioned to quarantine and/or eradicate that virus are the theological technicians who 'work at that company.'

Great analogy.

HalfBreed
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Catholics murdered Muslims? are you sure? You should get your facts straight before spouting out garbage.

If you are suggesting that Serbians where accused of murdering Bosnian people ..... then be aware that Serbian are not Catholics, they are Orthodox.

Also, be aware that if you are Bosnian you are not necessarily a Muslim.

Just another example of opinions about stuff were you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Reminds me of this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J7qtCEopuOs/Uz4sRXy7bHI/AAAAAAAAAUE/Am2BlWxtztQ/s1600/cartoonstock---rman3526l.jpg

I have another which I can't find online in one of my scrapbooks that has a panel with 8 pictures of the same cartoon soldier with the title of each faction during that war. It was a depiction of identifying who all the players were. Good times.

KGB
02-23-2015, 12:00 PM

Very well said! Unfortunately there is no much effort so far from the Muslim world to take on this cancer.... If anything there is more support or silent agreement....

fish_e_o
02-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Very well said! Unfortunately there is no much effort so far from the Muslim world to take on this cancer.... If anything there is more support or silent agreement....

probably because we paint them all with the same brush 90% of the time. look at what happened here in canada after the parliament shooting "go home Muslims" ... they are home muslim is a religion not a country it does not have a defined territory

Artist
02-23-2015, 12:31 PM

...and one of the underlying reasons for this "silent" support and/or agreement, is because theologically, they're ARE on the same page, even though only a few are acting out on the militant component of the theology. It's very difficult to turn against one's own theology.

Winch101
02-23-2015, 01:16 PM
I digress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide

And

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church#Catholicity_of_the_Orthodo x_Church

It shouldn't be a surprise ,that Christians have done their fair share of
Murdering down through the ages.

Hey I could still be wrong , info off the net and 60 minutes .
But just like all outdoorsmen are not sportsmen .

Smokey
02-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Agreed. But no offence to the good citizens who are Muslims, they need to go all out on releasing statements and protesting the extremists. No one considers the Westborough Baptist real baptist let alone Christian.

Frankly we need to start calling them Daesh.

Smokey
02-23-2015, 01:36 PM
These little squabbles have been going on since Christianity and Islam
Were invented . Hasn't been one for awhile , 1992,Bosnian war ,Catholics
Murdered 8000 Muslims .
I think Hussein Obama is Muslim , what do you expect ,he has to go
Out in the real world pretty soon .

So if my name was Barack or Hussain, Would I be a Muslim?

Maybe everyone named Peter, James and Philip are Christian's. I detest the dude, but remember when he had to distance himself from the inflammatory fireball Rev. Wright.
Sat in that church for 20 years. Sounds Muslim to me.:thinking-006:

EZM
02-23-2015, 01:56 PM
I digress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide

And

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church#Catholicity_of_the_Orthodo x_Church

It shouldn't be a surprise ,that Christians have done their fair share of
Murdering down through the ages.

The first wikipedia link underpins my statement. At no time, during the war, was there any cases of genocide and/or organized killings of Muslims in the former Yugoslavia carried out by Catholics. All cases brought to the Hague implicated the Serbs (who are Greek Orthodox and not Catholics). Your statement is incorrect. That was my point.

And Yes, Christians (including Catholics) did some nasty stuff over history .... it just did not happen when and where you ignorantly stated it did.

I forgive you :).... no big deal ..... now back to the thread

I think anytime we mix religion into anything bad, feathers get ruffled. I think Obama did the right thing here.

The kind of people, regardless of faith, are terrorist and criminals that need to be punished with an equal vengeance and eradicated.

Selkirk
02-23-2015, 02:10 PM

Actually, that's ^ a very good point!

They could claim to be the only true followers of Buddhism, yet their barbaric acts and methods would be the same. A radicalised form of a religion is just one of the many 'tools' ISIS uses to justify their existence and their brutal acts of terrorism ... and it also adds to the 'fog of war', in their favor.

Unbeknownst to many here, this war against ISIS is not about religion, at all!

Mac

Artist
02-23-2015, 02:43 PM
Actually, that's ^ a very good point!

They could claim to be the only true followers of Buddhism, yet their barbaric acts and methods would be the same. A radicalised form of a religion is just one of the many 'tools' ISIS uses to justify their existence and their brutal acts of terrorism ... and it also adds to the 'fog of war', in their favor.

Mac

Ok... but... this is where Muslim theology is unique. Buddhist theology does not have the same militant component as Muslim theology does, so no, even radical Buddhism would not motivate its followers towards the militant brutality that Muslim radicalism has the inherent ability to do - the underlying theology is the difference.

Artist
02-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Mac

Really? Then why in the world do they yell "Allahu Akbar" when they 'score a hit?' If their militant actions are not at all connected to any underlying religious ideology, then what is the source of their "Allahu Akbar" phraseology? If their militancy is in no way connected to some 'religious' belief related to some deity, then they may as well just yell "We got 'em!"

masalma
02-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Agreed. But no offence to the good citizens who are Muslims, they need to go all out on releasing statements and protesting the extremists. No one considers the Westborough Baptist real baptist let alone Christian.

Frankly we need to start calling them Daesh.

Daesh is their acronym but in Arabic. Can put lipstick on a pig and it will still be a pig lol

masalma
02-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Meant to post this earlier but got busy at work. To the guys that say Muslims need to do something about isis.

What type of actions should I as a Muslim do and please be realistic. Other than calling them idiots and denouncing them, and if I sense any level of extremism I have no problem reporting anyone. I don't think I have enough hours in the day to go make a sign and stand outside of a government building.

HintonRob
02-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Meant to post this earlier but got busy at work. To the guys that say Muslims need to do something about isis.

What type of actions should I as a Muslim do and please be realistic. Other than calling them idiots and denouncing them, and if I sense any level of extremism I have no problem reporting anyone. I don't think I have enough hours in the day to go make a sign and stand outside of a government building.

I think you are right you do not have enough time in the day to stand around holding a sign and it wouldn't help anyways. However I feel that the issue of Islamic Extremism is one that Muslims can deal with most effectively internally.
The extremists need to be ridiculed and ostracized from their fellow Muslims just like the Westboro Baptist folks are openly critisized by Christians. If they do not represent mainstream Muslim beliefs then mainstream muslims should deal with them. In the countries where they mostly operate all it would take was a few religous edicts from some top Mullah's and the problem would be solved.
Their needs to be louder more educated voices from within leading people away from following these leaders.
In the mean time I say we and the US stop all imports of Oil From Muslim nations and cut off the flow of money that funds this. Instead of wasting our money bombing them, interfering with their internal politics and giving them more martyrs and reasons to hate us. Just stop giving them money.
They will be back to living in tents in the desert in no time and will be too busy looking for food to fight.
Plus I need a new project to build (in oil) next week. :sign0161:

HalfBreed
02-23-2015, 06:35 PM
They will be back to living in tents in the desert in no time and will be too busy looking for food to fight.
:sign0161:

This has me scratching my head.

Artist
02-23-2015, 06:56 PM

Thank you for this question masalma - it's a good one.

My hand of friendship to you... :shake2:

There is probably little one individual can do, but, long-term, and generally speaking, and as has already been alluded to in earlier posts, Muslims that carry influential 'weight' within the movement, will need to receive a clearer and more vocal message from the less influential moderate collective, stating that they as leaders, need to start cracking down on any teaching (or interpreting of the Koran) taking place within the movement that is encouraging militancy. If militancy is indeed not an acceptable extension of Muslim theology, then the respected theologians within the movement must begin proclaiming that - and proclaiming it loud. If militancy is truly not "Muslim", then, that needs to be said - on a global scale.

KGB
02-23-2015, 08:22 PM
During the 1930 when Nazi were getting power, most of the German people did nothing to stop them. We all know very well what happened after. And the Nazi were in minority....
As for Masalma questions on what he can do.... That's for him to decide. We all can sit around and do nothing. Or we all can do something. It is up to all of us.
But doing nothing is suicidal, history proved it numerous times.

HalfBreed
02-23-2015, 08:33 PM
During the 1930 when Nazi were getting power, most of the German people did nothing to stop them. We all know very well what happened after. And the Nazi were in minority....
As for Masalma questions on what he can do.... That's for him to decide. We all can sit around and do nothing. Or we all can do something. It is up to all of us.
But doing nothing is suicidal, history proved it numerous times.

This is the conundrum, what to do? Do something and start to hear 'Das Race-iss'. Do nothing and get called a sheep. I'm not clear on what anyone can do save for the few that are posted in Petawawa. What exactly does joe public do? I don't believe putting a support the troops magnet on a vehicle is going to show the terrorists. Too late to close the barn doors so to speak, so immigration isn't going to save us. Life is too short to be scared to go get a jug of milk.

EZM
02-23-2015, 08:40 PM
In the mean time I say we and the US stop all imports of Oil From Muslim nations and cut off the flow of money that funds this. Instead of wasting our money bombing them, interfering with their internal politics and giving them more martyrs and reasons to hate us. Just stop giving them money.
Plus I need a new project to build (in oil) next week. :sign0161:

Ok ..... so the "US" who is a net exporter of oil should stop buying oil from "muslim countries" ..... so this will do what exactly? What is impact to ISIL in this plan?

How does this improve the relationship with these "muslim" countries were the US is buying all this oil they don't need?

Don't we need these countries to help in fighting ISIL? Why would we want to hurt them by providing less resources in the form of trade derived from cash?

Are these very actions by the US creating a situation where the US is insinuating that these countries are somehow responsible for supporting ISIL? Might this offend them? Will this also serve to strengthen our relationship?

Are not these same countries already fighting ISIL? Don't they already realize these guys are terrorists?

If the US was buying oil from these countries would they have less money to spend on bombs to drop on ISIL?

MASTERPIECE SOLID GOLD right there .... I like it .... what could go wrong ...

Sundancefisher
02-23-2015, 08:40 PM

Because they are not. They are power hungry fanatics perverting everything. These are animals killing everyone standing in their way. They have killed thousands and thousands of Muslims.

doetracks
02-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Could someone explain taqiyya for me?

pikergolf
02-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Could someone explain taqiyya for me?

Fill your boots.
http://www.meforum.org/2538/taqiyya-islam-rules-of-war

doetracks
02-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Oh, I know, piker. I was hoping for someone "in the know" to translate ;)

bobalong
02-23-2015, 10:22 PM
The "religion" they follow, despite attempts to isolate them simply as "terrorists" (and nothing more), is nevertheless a theology which has built into it, a militant component - that is a fact of Muslim theology. Do all 'Muslims' act upon that militant component?...absolutely not, but those who do, and who through doing such, form the small minority of Muslim "terrorists" are still, theologically, "Muslim" nevertheless. Their militancy is absolutely an extension of their religion, at least, as far as theology is concerned. The attempt to portray the militancy as having nothing to do with the theology/religion, is to either not understand, or, is to misrepresent the theology/religion in the first place. Nice try Obama. I'd have to disagree, and say that we are definitely at war with a theology - at least with a small component of it.

I agree, the highlighted portion, although disgusting, is the portion of the Islamic religion that some try to ignore, or suggest somehow does not exist, or is just being interpreted wrong, when in fact is a very real component of the religion. The Muslims verbatim "word of god".

Deemoss
02-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Egypt's Top Muslim Leader Condemns Islamic State: Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam Denounces 'Bloody Group'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/muslim-leader-condemns-islamic-state_n_5671572.html

The Grand Mufti of Egypt Shawki Allam's interview on CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLzSjILuIAY&list=PLeENcsfgf3nEb2RnPm0V07n5t-u9RFAP1

raab
02-24-2015, 07:56 AM
I watched some middle eastern tv awhile ago and they had an interesting view point. Apparently ISIS stands for Israeli State Intelligence Service, and the leader of ISIS is actually an israeli actor/secret agent. Israel wants to expand there lands but they need to get enough negative publicity against the muslims to do it. Also for our governments it makes sense to cause these terror threats so that they can pass more laws and take away more of our rights and freedoms. If anyone is interested in the above they can just search it and theres lots of info on the internet. I hate ISIS and what they stand for, but I want to be certain that we're attacking the right group and can find out who's behind it.

EZM
02-24-2015, 08:19 AM
I watched some middle eastern tv awhile ago and they had an interesting view point. Apparently ISIS stands for Israeli State Intelligence Service, and the leader of ISIS is actually an israeli actor/secret agent. Israel wants to expand there lands but they need to get enough negative publicity against the muslims to do it. Also for our governments it makes sense to cause these terror threats so that they can pass more laws and take away more of our rights and freedoms. If anyone is interested in the above they can just search it and theres lots of info on the internet. I hate ISIS and what they stand for, but I want to be certain that we're attacking the right group and can find out who's behind it.

ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (as the media incorrectly initially reported - and it has stuck now and here forever)

the real name (in English) is

ISIL which stands for Islamic State of the Independent Levant. Levant refers to Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon and Palestine. It is a far more accurate.

I strongly doubt the "secret agenda of of the Israelis" where they are attempting to turn the world against Islam forgot to change the acronym when "starting" this uprising. ISIL is real. IMO - It has nothing to do with Israel other than claiming it territory as it's own. These guys are terrorists and need to be dealt with with the same mercy they provide their enemies.

There are allot of crazy stories on the internet - this is one of them in my opinion.

ISIL is real. The world is now watching other Islamic countries fight these guys too - which is the best way to deal with these radical terrorists. I think we, the west, should support the destruction of this movement. They are far too radical to be rehabilitated. Rehab therapy comes in a 5.56 mm capsule.

cranky
02-24-2015, 08:22 AM
They ISIS are doing what there doing to speed up the coming of there saviour who they call the Mahdi. Sorry spelling may be wrong. This is what they believe he wants them to do before he will come.
They are religious and Obama's biggest mistake is he wont accept that. Ill leave it to speculation why he wont.
Heck even Jordan's leader says they are a religion.

EZM
02-24-2015, 08:36 AM
They ISIS are doing what there doing to speed up the coming of there saviour who they call the Mahdi. Sorry spelling may be wrong. This is what they believe he wants them to do before he will come.
They are religious and Obama's biggest mistake is he wont accept that. Ill leave it to speculation why he wont.
Heck even Jordan's leader says they are a religion.

I think Obama knows that .... I think he just doesn't want to associate all the good Muslims with this group of crazy fanatics (whose religion is loosely based in Islam as well).

It really isn't a denial so much as it is a respect thing for the overwhelming majority of the peaceful practitioners of Islam.

score
02-24-2015, 11:27 AM

*face in palm*

silverdoctor
02-24-2015, 11:52 AM
I think Obama knows that .... I think he just doesn't want to associate all the good Muslims with this group of crazy fanatics (whose religion is loosely based in Islam as well).

It really isn't a denial so much as it is a respect thing for the overwhelming majority of the peaceful practitioners of Islam.

If you want to believe that, fill your boots. Obama is more likely worried about associating ISIS or whatever it is you want to call them with Saudi Arabia - the motherland of Islam and a major ally to the US.

silverdoctor
02-24-2015, 11:56 AM
And for anyone interested, Al Jezeera is in the process of publishing quite a few leaks out of Mossad. Some interesting stuff, like Bibi wanting to go to war with Iran over it's nuclear capabilities - when the US is ready to fork it over to Iran.

Netanyahu is walking a fine line at the moment when it comes to the US government.

cranky
02-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Its well known in Israel that Obama is basically sending them down the river. Its obvious he is anti Israel. The first President to do that. He has snubbed Bibi once or twice when he has been visiting the States etc. He's cut some funding to them trying to coerce them into not attacking Iran. This is likely what will start a world war.

Obama gave Iran a line they could not step over and they did and Obama blinked.

Bibi has been considering this since back last year. The US has been trying to stop him for a while.

I have a friend in Israel who supplies me all this info we dont get here.

masalma
02-24-2015, 03:31 PM
ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (as the media incorrectly initially reported - and it has stuck now and here forever)

ISIL which stands for Islamic State of the Independent Levant. Levant refers to Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon and Palestine. It is a far more accurate.

I strongly doubt the "secret agenda of of the Israelis" where they are attempting to turn the world against Islam forgot to change the acronym when "starting" this uprising. ISIL is real. IMO - It has nothing to do with Israel other than claiming it territory as it's own. These guys are terrorists and need to be dealt with with the same mercy they provide their enemies.

There are allot of crazy stories on the internet - this is one of them in my opinion.

ISIL is real. The world is now watching other Islamic countries fight these guys too - which is the best way to deal with these radical terrorists. I think we, the west, should support the destruction of this movement. They are far too radical to be rehabilitated. Rehab therapy comes in a 5.56 mm capsule.

There is no doubt they are real and need to be wiped out. But I always keep an open mind, anything is possible. In every situation I look to see who benefits the most. With ISIL they must be stupid to think they can take on the world and win.

pseelk
02-24-2015, 04:38 PM

I would recommend the7.62,There is a lot to be said for "useing enough gun".:scared0018:

chasingtail
02-24-2015, 04:52 PM

Both the Iraq and Iran governments publicly say that the West is supporting ISIS even airdropping weapons to them. If you were to do 10 minutes of research outside the controlled mainstream media it's very apparent our western governments along with Israel and the Saudis are supporting ISIS.

HalfBreed
02-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Both the Iraq and Iran governments publicly say that the West is supporting ISIS even airdropping weapons to them. If you were to do 10 minutes of research outside the controlled mainstream media it's very apparent our western governments along with Israel and the Saudis are supporting ISIS.

I guess to be fair, it has happened in the past. On the other side of the warfare scale, the Brits are going in to assist the Ukrainian effort.

score
02-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Links to this load of BS?

220swifty
02-25-2015, 12:20 AM

Yup, they're air dropping weapons alright. The kind that detonate on arrival.

recce43
02-25-2015, 08:11 AM

LOL wow to many happy pills?

EZM
02-25-2015, 08:16 AM
If you were to do 10 minutes of research outside the controlled mainstream media it's very apparent our western governments along with Israel and the Saudis are supporting ISIS.

Explain to me how Israel would benefit from supporting ISIL?

Isn't one of ISIL's very public mandates to eradicate the Jews from Palestine in creation of their New Independent State?

I think the 10 minutes of research done off the "mainstream of the internet" might be filled with lots of fantastic fairy tales. If one of these fantastic fairy tales can give me a simple answer to the above simple question, I might be worth reading ....... for now, this ridiculous conspiracy theory really misses the main point of ISIL's fundamental mission and goals ..... which are clearly not good for Israel.

The eradication of all other religious beliefs and subsequent genocide of all other people who are not of the same faith and sect (including Jews) also kinda, a little bit, makes this theory a smidgen suspect.

"Hey let's support someone who wants to kills us!!!" - "He might be a great neighbor".

Don't get me wrong .... I don't doubt you read it .... I just doubt the credibility of your source .... they have seemed to have completely missed a very basic, and very important point here.

Sporty
02-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Wouldn't stereotyping Muslims as Terrorists and Terrorists as Muslims be the same as stereotyping poachers as hunters? :thinking-006:

People hate stereotypes so long as it's happening to another group other than their own it seems.

MAC
02-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Wouldn't stereotyping Muslims as Terrorists and Terrorists as Muslims be the same as stereotyping poachers as hunters? :thinking-006:

People hate stereotypes so long as it's happening to another group other than their own it seems.

You are right how is this for putting it into a context we understand

New Headline
Former CSIS director says HARPER is 'scared' to call Criminals 'GUN OWNERS' after RCMP director wasn't invited to NATO Conventional arms control summit – but AMERICAN secret police chief was!

score
02-25-2015, 09:57 AM

No. Not even close.

You are right how is this for putting it into a context we understand

New Headline
Former CSIS director says HARPER is 'scared' to call Criminals 'GUN OWNERS' after RCMP director wasn't invited to NATO Conventional arms control summit – but AMERICAN secret police chief was!

lol what?

MAC
02-25-2015, 10:38 AM
lol what?[/QUOTE]

Follow along.
Mushrooms are Fungus, not all Fungus are Mushrooms.
ISIL terrorists are Muslim, not all Muslims are ISIL terrorists.
Whitetails are Deer, not all deer are Whitetails.
Criminals are Gun owners, not all Gun Owners are Criminals

All important distinctions. The reason we use separate names for smaller groups of a larger group.
ISIL are extremists, that is their cause. To lump all Muslims in a group and name them all as the problem is wrong. That is what Woosley is doing.
Cut from the article " studiously avoided pinning terrorism on Islamists."
Why would anyone pin TERRORISM ON ISLAMISTS when it is not a true statement.
This has nothing to do with any argument about what anyone's beliefs or thoughts are on Islam as a religion, but only as it relates to a group being lumped in with terrorists when it is not true.
As a Gun owner I have no association with criminals, nor wish to be affiliated in any way shape or form with criminals and would not be pleased if Criminals were called Gun owners. We have had that for too many years under a Liberal government and I don't believe any other group should be slandered by association.

MAC

HalfBreed
02-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Mr Trudeau is on CTV talking ISIS right now, what I don't understand is why a no fly for those that want to join the jihad, isn't that just keeping those that would be likeliest to make attacks here? Why not let them go and be destroyed over there? Seems to be a win/win situation.

score
02-25-2015, 11:44 AM
lol what?

Follow along.

All important distinctions. The reason we use separate names for smaller groups of a larger group.
ISIL are extremists, that is their cause. To lump all Muslims in a group and name them all as the problem is wrong. That is what Woosley is doing.
This has nothing to do with any argument about what anyone's beliefs or thoughts are on Islam as a religion, but only as it relates to a group being lumped in with terrorists when it is not true.
As a Gun owner I have no association with criminals, nor wish to be affiliated in any way shape or form with criminals and would not be pleased if Criminals were called Gun owners. We have had that for too many years under a Liberal government and I don't believe any other group should be slandered by association.

MAC[/QUOTE]

The distinction is irrelevant...and an old talking point. Immediately after 9/11 President Bush spoke to it. He acknowledged that we are not at war with all Muslims and that the majority of Muslims around the world and residing in the homeland are peaceful people not involved in terrorism. It has been said almost daily ever since. Anyone with a brain knows this and it goes without saying.

I get sick and tired of hearing it. I have said this before and will say it again. I don't feel the need to continually kiss the asses of those Muslims that don't want to kill me. Again, NO ONE is blaming ALL Muslims.

Just get on with killing every single one that needs killing.

The role that the so-called moderate Muslims can and should play is another issue.

Mountain Adventurer
02-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Follow along.

MAC

What a great way to put things! I feel sorry for those who have no involvement in this serious issue. People tend to paint a picture for all of them and it's a rather sad way to think. I'm so glad we have freedom here.

score
02-25-2015, 12:44 PM
What a great way to put things! I feel sorry for those who have no involvement in this serious issue. People tend to paint a picture for all of them and it's a rather sad way to think. I'm so glad we have freedom here.

My name in the quote posted is incorrect. That was MAC's post you quoted.

Anyway, when and if we ever reach the point where we are no longer fearful of offending some and get down to the business at hand we will all be safer. A strategy of appeasement and PC is an incredibly a dangerous one.

EZM
02-25-2015, 01:59 PM
[/QUOTE]

The distinction is irrelevant...

[/QUOTE]

Thoughtfully - I hear what you are saying BUT I'd have to disagree .... unless I am expected to tolerate the belief that ALL of us Hunters are POACHERS and ALL of us GUN OWNERS are CRIMINALS.

Is that OK with you? cool.... then don't complain about it either then. No need to put the PETA's in their place .... let them keep posting misinformed trash on the internet ..... I'm sure everyone with a brain can make their own decision - no need to defend ourselves.

If that's what you are saying - I disagree.

Any time I get an opportunity to make a PETA poster look like an idiot I take it and run with it. There is no better way to derail the momentum of a movement than to diminish the leaders by making them look like uneducated idiots fabricating half-truths.

People who post support for these emotional movements often get embarrassed after jumping on the bandwagon and looking like idiots themselves.

Next time these bandwagon supporters are more likely to look at things a little more carefully - and hopefully facts.

Just my way of looking at it.

chasingtail
02-25-2015, 03:15 PM
[/QUOTE]
Thoughtfully - I hear what you are saying BUT I'd have to disagree .... unless I am expected to tolerate the belief that ALL of us Hunters are POACHERS and ALL of us GUN OWNERS are CRIMINALS.
[/QUOTE]

Don't think many hunters on here condone poaching. Most are pretty vocal against poaching, can't say the same about moderate muslims on terrorists though.

KGB
02-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Mr Trudeau is on CTV talking ISIS right now, what I don't understand is why a no fly for those that want to join the jihad, isn't that just keeping those that would be likeliest to make attacks here? Why not let them go and be destroyed over there? Seems to be a win/win situation.

I like your idea! Put them all in one nut basket and - KABOOOM!!!

MAC
02-25-2015, 03:21 PM
the distinction is irrelevant...and an old talking point. Immediately after 9/11 president bush spoke to it. He acknowledged that we are not at war with all muslims and that the majority of muslims around the world and residing in the homeland are peaceful people not involved in terrorism. It has been said almost daily ever since. Anyone with a brain knows this and it goes without saying. unfortunately if we don't say it and assume everyone knows what you mean instead of what you say, it all gets forgotten

i get sick and tired of hearing it. I have said this before and will say it again. I don't feel the need to continually kiss the asses of those muslims that don't want to kill me.no one is asking anyone to kiss anyones ass, only to properly distinguish between 2 seperate groups. again, no one is blaming all muslims. well some are, and that is why the importance if distinction is required

just get on with killing every single one that needs killing. I will agree with that, lets just agree to who does and does not need killing.
I think it would be an important distinction.

the role that the so-called moderate muslims can and should play is another issue. agreed

mac