PDA

View Full Version : High pressure sales.

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't like the reply I got from a certain gun store.
However the items I am looking for are backordered or sold out at other stores.

Here is the email response I got.

""Chris, please send full mailing address for an invoice. My Feb booking closes today so we need to rush. EMT will be necessary to get on this booking. I will see the bullets mid March.

$75/100

Then ship and tax""

Other stores are expecting shipments but do not "require an EMT"
Don't like sending a $300 EMT on faith to a place I have never dealt with.
However they are a CGN sponsor.

Tough decision.
What to do?

fish_e_o
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
who was it? i'm sure someone has dealt with them

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Jerry at Mystic Precision.

I'm trying to keep my options open for finding some of these bullets. At least five different stores said they are sold out or have them on back order or are expecting shipments.
If I'm sending an EMT I would like to know for sure if he can get these bullets.

Maybe I'm just scared of commitment :-)

Lefty-Canuck
02-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Jerry at Mystic Precision.

I'm trying to keep my options open for finding some of these bullets. At least five different stores said they are sold out or have them on back order or are expecting shipments.
If I'm sending an EMT I would like to know for sure if he can get these bullets.

Maybe I'm just scared of commitment :-)

I have heard good things about him FWIW, although never dealt with him myself. If it is a special order he may require payment in full upfront.

LC

fish_e_o
02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
you'll be fine he uses emt's and he's legit

if you want to keep looking for them to find them sooner go ahead, but if you want to wait and get them for sure feel comfortable

spurly
02-23-2015, 11:37 AM
I have dealt with Jerry, he is a great guy. Nothing to worry about.
I am surprised about him wanting money, upfront though.
Maybe he has been burned a couple times.

Thinlizzy
02-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I have dealt with Jerry, he is a great guy. Nothing to worry about.
I am surprised about him wanting money, upfront though.
Maybe he has been burned a couple times.

I bet he has.

colin455
02-23-2015, 12:11 PM
I've dealt with him a few times and always found him to be a straight up guy. Gave me good advice several times.

45/70/500
02-23-2015, 12:27 PM
mayb ewhat your buying is not that big of a seller for him and he doesnt want to be stuck with them if you change your mind

fatboyz
02-23-2015, 12:32 PM
X4 on Jerry, ordered lots from Him, always paid up front, always delivered.

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
mayb ewhat your buying is not that big of a seller for him and he doesnt want to be stuck with them if you change your mind

I'm sure Jerry is a great guy to deal with. It's the money up front TODAY I'm questioning.

Maybe not a big seller for him but the waiting list at Grouse River is 35 boxes deep for these specific bullets.
I'm on the list but I have their blessing to opt out if I find them some were else sooner.
Might help that I just ordered a rifle from Grouse River though.

I'm waiting to hear back from Jerry again.

WCTHEMI
02-23-2015, 12:42 PM
If you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't. It's that simple.

sillyak
02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm sure Jerry is a great guy to deal with. It's the money up front TODAY I'm questioning.

Maybe not a big seller for him but the waiting list at Grouse River is 35 boxes deep for these specific bullets.
I'm on the list but I have their blessing to opt out if I find them some were else sooner.
Might help that I just ordered a rifle from Grouse River though.

I'm waiting to hear back from Jerry again.

Little guys like Jerry might need the money up front to give them the cash flow to be ordering backordered bullets in the first place.

He is an awesome guy and straight up. If they are that popular it sounds like you should order them from him.

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.
I'll wait to hear back from him and make my decision.

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Just heard back.
He says no problem to get them. But no idea when. Due to low production and Nosler gives no ETA on products.

I'm leaving my options open.

Thanks again.

wildside2014
02-23-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't like the reply I got from a certain gun store.
However the items I am looking for are backordered or sold out at other stores.

Here is the email response I got.

""Chris, please send full mailing address for an invoice. My Feb booking closes today so we need to rush. EMT will be necessary to get on this booking. I will see the bullets mid March.

$75/100

Then ship and tax""

Other stores are expecting shipments but do not "require an EMT"
Don't like sending a $300 EMT on faith to a place I have never dealt with.
However they are a CGN sponsor.

Tough decision.
What to do?
I can guarantee hes saying the same thing about you as a customer! I don't blame him for not taking your word that you will take the inventory that he will use his own money to buy and possibly get stuck with. You even stated yourself youre keeping your options open

Chris89lx
02-23-2015, 01:34 PM
I can guarantee hes saying the same thing about you as a customer! I don't blame him for not taking your word that you will take the inventory that he will use his own money to buy and possibly get stuck with. You even stated yourself youre keeping your options open

I don't blame him either. But I'm covering my ass not his.

I originally asked him if he had these bullets in stock. Not if he would special order them for me.

He was great to communicate with and told me what was up.
Three other places will call me back when they get them with no money up front.

Cheers:happy0180:

sns2
02-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Jerry is a good guy. He's not big, so I totally understand his request. You are obviously asking for something that Crappy Tire doesn't carry, so his request is reasonable.