PDA

View Full Version : Cabo fishing!

slivers86
02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey everyone,

Just came on a couple grand and am going to cabo in a couple of days with some extra spending money.

Wondering, the wife has never fished in her life, and no better thing to get her hooked on than salt.. Anyone have some good experiences? Marlin would be fun, but more realistic, maybe hit some smaller species just for a fun day with lots of fish. Thoughts? Experiences?

T-minus 72 hrs!

tight line
02-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Call Jerry with JCs Sport Fishing, i went out on the Bob Marlin and got into 3 Marlin and 3 30+ lb Mahi's. Pretty Decent Day. Fair Price. No hidden fees. Free bait. great Crew Decent Little Boat. And they know where Bite is.

600 for 8hrs. The crew does expect a decent tip..but that is up to how the fishing is

Esox
02-24-2015, 07:08 AM
The marlin and sailfish are there but they are not there at a high number right now. Lots of guys still catch them but you could only get one bite a day right now. If your wife hasn't fished before, go on a guided inshore trip in a panga. There are no bathrooms and they are smaller boats than the marlin ones but youll get a lot more fish and have a blast. Youll catch lots of jacks and smaller fish up to 30-50 pounds that still fight unbelievably. You use smaller gear that looks more like bass or musky gear. Theyre relatively cheap compared to offshore marlin fishing. That being said, off shore for marlin, dorado and tuna is a blast. If either of you get motion sick, make sure to wear your sea bands or take some gravel before hand. Cabo Marlini is who we always use, great guys. www.cabomarlini.com

mooseknuckle
02-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Me and the wife went with redrum. Great outfit. 4 black marlin and multiple dorado in a 6 hour trip. We were there in early April. Season can make all the difference. Have fun!!

Lambo
02-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Me and the wife went with redrum. Great outfit. 4 black marlin and multiple dorado in a 6 hour trip. We were there in early April. Season can make all the difference. Have fun!!

Redrum? Murder spelled backwards. Have you not seen The Shining?? I would be nervous getting into a boat with those guys! Lol!

gman1978
02-26-2015, 09:29 PM

Moose, I think you mean stripped marlin. If you hooked 1 black you would have likely been more than 6 hrs on one fish !!! Not black marlin season few and far between in cabo these days. Went earlier this winter and had great luck. Have good luck every time I have went down there.. You get what you pay for too. Do a full day and head out for marlin. X2 on JC sport fishing

crblair
02-26-2015, 10:16 PM
I've gone fishing in Cabo twice. We caught Stripped Marlin both times and Mahi Mahi. This time of year you will only find stripped Marlin. Blues and black Marlin are sept to nov. Lots of Mani Mahi though. Tuna are further out this time of year so chances are slim for them. But overall the fishing in Cabo is world class. No need to book in advance. Just go to the marina and you'll find a 100 people trying to sell you a days fishing. It's big business down there.