PDA

View Full Version : Wolf takes dog from yard

Talking moose
02-24-2015, 01:27 AM
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=894083053947384&id=140689405953423

Talking moose
02-24-2015, 01:34 AM
Snapped that chain pretty easy...

sikwhiskey
02-24-2015, 01:41 AM
Chain,? Must have missed it. Food on a string yumm

Hydro1
02-24-2015, 01:44 AM
Snapped that chain pretty easy...

Yeah it did.
this happens far more frequently than one would think, it's quite sad really.

Talking moose
02-24-2015, 01:48 AM

After he grabs it, and stops for a second he tugs the dog until the chain breaks

sikwhiskey
02-24-2015, 02:13 AM
AH had to see it on computer, phone didn't do it justice. Where was the legion of "Dick Modge"? He would have talked down that wolf for sure….:sHa_sarcasticlol:

burbotman
02-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Unfortunate, but at the same time hard not to appreciate the efficiency of the coyote

Hunter1602
02-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Terrible and hard lesson for the owner.

Geezle
02-24-2015, 11:35 AM
After he grabs it, and stops for a second he tugs the dog until the chain breaks

Are we sure it's a chain and not a rope? I only watched on my phone so I can't quite tell.

Sooner
02-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Small dog, probably even smaller rope. I salute the dog for having big ball syndrome lol. The anti comments blame everything but the wolf lol. Bad owner, who leaves a dog outside tied to a dog house, must have sacrificed the dog to get that video. Oh brother, some people.

Talking moose
02-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Are we sure it's a chain and not a rope? I only watched on my phone so I can't quite tell.

Ya, can't tell myself.... Probably a rope.

CaberTosser
02-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Got a kick out of the comments from twits to the effect of "Why were you standing there and filming it instead of rescuing Barksley?" or "Why was the poor doggy outside in the first place?".

I couldn't stand the stupid enough to scroll any further and see if anyone noted the time of night embedded in the video any of the rocket surgeons.

You can't fix that kind of stupid.

elkdump
02-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Got a kick out of the comments from twits to the effect of "Why were you standing there and filming it instead of rescuing Barksley?" or "Why was the poor doggy outside in the first place?".

I couldn't stand the stupid enough to scroll any further and see if anyone noted the time of night embedded in the video any of the rocket surgeons.

Yes you can,,, it's just is not legal ( SSS ). :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Battery
02-24-2015, 12:39 PM

Was someone filming it? If so, thats kind of messed up. I'm not going to watch as I dont care to see that sort of thing, but if it was someone filming it in person, they should have come to the dogs rescue.

HalfBreed
02-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Was someone filming it? If so, thats kind of messed up. I'm not going to watch as I dont care to see that sort of thing, but if it was someone filming it in person, they should have come to the dogs rescue.

If they were then they must play 'Operation' at the championship level.

Geezle
02-24-2015, 12:48 PM

Yep, 3:22am, on Cam 01.

It's a freakin' security camera. Highly unlikely that somebody was watching it at the time.

LCCFisherman
02-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Was hard to watch not gonna lie.

CaberTosser
02-24-2015, 02:14 PM

The event was filmed from a fixed position security camera that noted the time and the camera number, it was also 3:22 am so nobody would have likely been awake to view it. There's not any gore in the video clip, the wolf just grabbed the dog and pulled out whatever was anchoring it to its doghouse and took off, nobody clicking the link sees Barksley getting dismembered or eaten. My comment was made because these reactionary people that are leaving comments are so oblivious to really, really simple facts that are right there in the video for all to see.

Smokinyotes
02-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Oh that poor poor wolf, must have been awful hungry to eat a poodle.

CBintheNorth
02-24-2015, 07:22 PM
From my phone I would say coyote.
Some of the comments are indeed comical. It's amazing to me how clueless some people are.

zero
02-24-2015, 07:34 PM
My comment was made because these reactionary people that are leaving comments are so oblivious to really, really simple facts that are right there in the video for all to see.

some people are REALLY REALLLY stupid. its amazing. how they walk and breath at the same time is crazy

Homesteader
02-24-2015, 08:06 PM
From my phone I would say coyote.
Some of the comments are indeed comical. It's amazing to me how clueless some people are.

Yep, sure looks like a coyote to me too. I'd lose some money on a bet if it was a wolf.

Geezle
02-24-2015, 08:24 PM
some people are REALLY REALLLY stupid. its amazing. how they walk and breath at the same time is crazy

Funny stuff for sure!

if a wolf / coyote came for my dog you better believe i would put a round of double barrel through its head with out a thought

"A round of double barrel"? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Hydro1
02-24-2015, 08:26 PM
I just watched the video again on my tablet, and it does indeed appear to be a decent sized coyote.

257wbyhunter
02-24-2015, 08:29 PM
yeah its a coyote a wolf would not have played around like that would have just come in and grabbed it.

M.C. Gusto
02-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Looks like a coyote to me.

birdhound
02-25-2015, 07:34 PM
coyote

New Hunter Okotoks
02-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Funny stuff for sure!

"A round of double barrel"? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I laughed at that one too!!

Yes, the twin pipe twelve shot gauge would have come off the mantle for sure.

Zuludog
02-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I thought it looked like a coyote too.

Got Juice?
02-25-2015, 10:02 PM

So Dark, yet funny at the same time.

Would have been a DEAD predator if that was my place. All it takes is one well placed shot.....:scared0018:

twofifty
02-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Got, I heard tell your dog has killed 5 coyotes, 1 wolf and 1 mtn lion - but not on the same shift.

Got Juice?
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Got, I heard tell your dog has killed 5 coyotes, 1 wolf and 1 mtn lion - but not on the same shift.

He has come out on top a few times. And been damn lucky a couple of times.

I almost had to put him down after the last cougar attack.

I never ever ever ever wanted to shoot anything other than gophers until this year.

Cougars are now on the same list as the Gophers. Expendable with no bag limit. (as per the ranchers act)

twofifty
02-25-2015, 10:30 PM
You ranchers have all the fun.

Hydro1
02-25-2015, 10:33 PM
He has come out on top a few times. And been damn lucky a couple of times.

I almost had to put him down after the last cougar attack.

I never ever ever ever wanted to shoot anything other than gophers until this year.

Cougars are now on the same list as the Gophers. Expendable with no bag limit. (as per the ranchers act)
Sorry about the derail...
Do you mind me asking what kind of dog you have?

Got Juice?
02-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Sorry about the derail...
Do you mind me asking what kind of dog you have?

http://www.leidenschaftkennels.ca/degen.htm

Giant Schnauzer/Munich Schnauzer/ Russian Bear Dog.

Working breed. Diesel is 140lbs.

East Germans used them when they did not want to shoot people trying to escape over the wall. The Dogs came back... the people usually not.

Currently there are a number of US Max Prisons using them. Turns out that the German Shepards would get demoralized after prisoners threw feces at them.

It does not happen with the Giant Schnauzers. Great dogs to protect your family unit. They need excercise, and woe to the person who tries to harm or take your children...or enter your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVcKJZ9vK_A

Belgian Malinois/ Giant Schnauzer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shp3MzHusdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzT-FmFABk

Hydro1
02-25-2015, 11:10 PM
http://www.leidenschaftkennels.ca/degen.htm

Giant Schnauzer/Munich Schnauzer/ Russian Bear Dog.

Working breed. Diesel is 140lbs.

East Germans used them when they did not want to shoot people trying to escape over the wall. The Dogs came back... the people usually not.

Currently there are a number of US Max Prisons using them. Turns out that the German Shepards would get demoralized after prisoners threw feces at them.

It does not happen with the Giant Schnauzers. Great dogs to protect your family unit. They need excercise, and woe to the person who tries to harm or take your children...or enter your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVcKJZ9vK_A

Belgian Malinois/ Giant Schnauzer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shp3MzHusdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzT-FmFABk
I trained one for schutzhund/ipo a year and a bit back in the states.
Really amazing dogs, i dont doubt for a second he killed a wolf.
Havent seen many around here, i might pm you in a few month inquiring about them a little more, would make a great addition for an acreage.
Thanks for the links.

Back to the origional thread. :)

Got Juice?
02-25-2015, 11:27 PM
I trained one for schutzhund/ipo a year and a bit back in the states.
Really amazing dogs, i dont doubt for a second he killed a wolf.
Havent seen many around here, i might pm you in a few month inquiring about them a little more, would make a great addition for an acreage.
Thanks for the links.

Back to the origional thread. :)

I did not complete all schutz on my dog.

But yes. Very powerful, fast, agile, and bite strength.

Which helped him survive the Cougar attack. But I hold no illusions, part luck as well:)

Hydro1
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM
I did not complete all schutz on my dog.

But yes. Very powerful, fast, agile, and bite strength.

Which helped him survive the Cougar attack. But I hold no illusions, part luck as well:)

Oh yes, he had a lucky horse shoe somewhere,

Zuludog
02-26-2015, 10:17 AM
What amazes me is how calm they seem. They released so quickly and seemed very poised. Admittedly I don't know anything about this type of dog training but even I could notice this. I'm assuming it's a good thing?

Got Juice?
02-26-2015, 02:42 PM
What amazes me is how calm they seem. They released so quickly and seemed very poised. Admittedly I don't know anything about this type of dog training but even I could notice this. I'm assuming it's a good thing?

Depending on commands given, they will can be ordered to stay close to the owner and circle for defence against oncoming attackers, or they can be ordered to 'seek' out an intruder.

Their commands are designed to 'hold' first, and 'subdue (strike)' second.

Of course a well trained dog can be commanded to seek and strike first...

Usually once you train a dog this way, they pay no mind to other dogs. Unless said dog poses a threat. Then it is dealt with.

Sneeze
02-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Lousy for the owners of the dog.

If that coyote came into my yard to see my old Lab, it would have ended two ways.

My lab dead (he is no scraper), or some funny looking Lab/Coyote mixes running around the county. Little bastard thinks everything is ready and willing.

bonedogg
02-26-2015, 03:17 PM
something smells like ......sheephunter?

KGB
02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Lousy for the owners of the dog.

If that coyote came into my yard to see my old Lab, it would have ended two ways.

My lab dead (he is no scraper), or some funny looking Lab/Coyote mixes running around the county. Little bastard thinks everything is ready and willing.

LMAO!!! That's exactly what my little guy is good for! he will hump anything!

chriscosta
02-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Ugh i had a wolf sheopard a few years back and one day a female coyote musta came snoopin around cuz when i looked outside my dog was uh "making friends" lol