PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Orlando.

AB2506
02-24-2015, 06:05 AM
No we probably aren't going to Disneyworld or Universal. They look to be mainly rides: I have a bad back and I can't risk rides, one daughter doesn't like rides, the wife could care less about rides, and the other daughter doesn't want to ride by herself. So ain't paying if we ain't riding.

Thinking Cape Canaveral tour, Clearwater beach, spring training game, Seaworld? Maybe some hog hunting?

Any other suggestions? We are using our points at the Bonnet Creek Resort march 20-27.

Dmay
02-24-2015, 06:21 AM
On Merritt Island theres a real cool little one-way drive through the natural habitat.....lots of alligators, millions of birds and stuff. Forget exactly what its called, but enquire anywhere around Coco and you'll get steered there.....on the drive you can see Cape Canaveral across the water....

pacs5
02-24-2015, 07:00 AM
Air boat ride. We went with these guys. They also have a nice wildlife park.
If you shop around you will find coupons for deals in hotel lobby.

They even let you hold an alligator. They are just outside of Orlando.We stopped there on our way from Orlando to St Petes.
If you can try to get on one of the smaller airboats, not the cattle carriers, worth the wait.

http://wildfloridairboats.com/booking/

:)

lnjr
02-24-2015, 07:21 AM
For a relaxing day go to discovery cove. All food and drinks are included in the price of the tickets plus I believe you also get to choose tickets to seaworld or a couple other options. At least one person in your group must do the dolphin swim though. At least that's the way it was a few years ago. It was a very enjoyable day.

omega50
02-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Snorkel or swim with Manatees around Crystal River.
About 90 miles straight North of Clearwater.
Careful-I think it is breeding season.

Maybe check out scalloping in the rivers as well.

jpohlic
02-24-2015, 07:58 AM
For a relaxing day go to discovery cove. All food and drinks are included in the price of the tickets plus I believe you also get to choose tickets to seaworld or a couple other options. At least one person in your group must do the dolphin swim though. At least that's the way it was a few years ago. It was a very enjoyable day.

x2!!!

We loved Discovery Cove. It's pricey but worth every penny. They had the coldest beer I've ever had! All you can eat/drink, palm trees, beaches, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling with the sting rays, plus we got free admission to Busch Gardens, which my father in law enjoyed even though he hates rides - lots to do there also.

Father of five
02-24-2015, 12:42 PM
x2!!!

We loved Discovery Cove. It's pricey but worth every penny. They had the coldest beer I've ever had! All you can eat/drink, palm trees, beaches, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling with the sting rays, plus we got free admission to Busch Gardens, which my father in law enjoyed even though he hates rides - lots to do there also.

X 3 one of the best days we had down there

avb3
02-24-2015, 01:01 PM
You may want to rent a canoe and do a float on this river that is between Orlando and Tampa. I just did this in my own boat this past weekend.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=246773