PDA

View Full Version : sunshine and lolipops alberta surplus

recce43
02-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Although Premier Jim Prentice has repeatedly warned about Alberta ending the year with a $500-million deficit, Tuesday's third-quarter update suggests there may actually be a surplus.

The province is now forecast to end the 2014-15 year $465 million in the black. The figure is $622 million lower than the $1.1 billion predicted in last February’s budget.

Bigwoodsman
02-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Although Premier Jim Prentice has repeatedly warned about Alberta ending the year with a $500-million deficit, Tuesday's third-quarter update suggests there may actually be a surplus.

The province is now forecast to end the 2014-15 year $465 million in the black. The figure is $622 million lower than the $1.1 billion predicted in last February’s budget.

When you own the accountant you get the results needed at the time they're needed. These boneheads couldn't organize or manage a freaking lemonade stand.
More smoke and mirrors. I honestly think more smoke than mirrors.

A billion dollar swing to the good side of the ledger. Give them the majority again and it will be a billion to the bad side, and the need to cancel all the promises made.

Hasn't everyone had enough of this band of mercurial vagabonds who think they know what is best for all of us. When will the masses realize that this group of so called progressive conservatives are only governing for themselves and their buddies. When?

Unfortunately we don't have much for an opposition. The Wild Rose and Liberals are is such disarray that I don't think they'd stand a chance. Rachel Notley has her hands full just getting a complete set of candidates out in all the ridings.

Time for change passed several years ago, only if there was something to change to!

BW

densa44
02-24-2015, 03:11 PM
It is sad really that people won't believe an upstanding principled politician telling us this very good and unexpected good news.

If it is true, what was cut that we haven't been told about? If oil is going lower what is the "budget" for next year and when do we get to see it?

The next fiscal year starts April 1 2015, we need a budget.

What are they going to spend the surplus on, reverse the 5% voluntary cut to politician's salaries, I can't think of a higher priority.

I still think "Huntin stuff" should be the WR leader.

TripleTTT
02-24-2015, 03:29 PM
I think they should give us another Alberta Prosperity Cheque! :sHa_shakeshout:

HyperMOA
02-24-2015, 03:58 PM
I think they should give us another Alberta Prosperity Cheque! :sHa_shakeshout:

I think we will be getting something like that. They will refer to it as PST. :)

Bigwoodsman
02-24-2015, 04:10 PM
I think we will be getting something like that. They will refer to it as PST. :)

I won't advocate for a PST, but be prepared to get a lot more. We're going to take it so hard that the roto-rooter guys will blush!

Expect an election call real soon, and then be prepared for a gouging the likes that has never before been seen in this province.

BW

TBD
02-24-2015, 04:19 PM

change the def'n of deficit and how it's calculated - PRESTO now we're fiscally responsible and good stewards of Alberta's economy.

.... try and pay attention people.

Map Maker
02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
I think the surplus came just from ending Redford/Horner open wallet policy.

Sneeze
02-24-2015, 04:52 PM
change the def'n of deficit and how it's calculated - PRESTO now we're fiscally responsible and good stewards of Alberta's economy.

.... try and pay attention people.

Yup... Don't forget a few years ago we started having a Revenue and Capital Expenditure budgets.

Pretty sure when you add the two together the number is blood red, not black.

waterninja
02-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Probably found that extra money because Redford got the boot. They were expecting her to keep spending millions on herself, friends and family. Not having to pay her nanny probably saved a few million right there.