PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Rainbows - So many bows!

Brandonkop
02-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k-MA7J14ys

This was one of those days that really makes you believe 90% of the fish are in 5% of the lake. Although tricky to find that 5 % sometimes it sure is nice when you do!

The Rainbows here were schooling like I have never seen before and who knows, may never see again. Just glad to have some of it on video. If you're watching most of the hookups are in the last half of the video. Hooked up on a big one on camera so that was neat.

This should save me some PM's - this is a 1/8 oz slender spoon in gold and green tipped with a piece of shrimp. But you can see that even with a bare hook they were still attacking it. I buy them online from Cabelas for those wondering where I get them.

I think next time I go fishing I'll have to use something else, this lure has just been getting way too much play time on the end of my line this season.

huntsfurfish
02-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Great video Brandon!

Battery
02-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Fish have terrible aim hahah

Crankbait
02-24-2015, 09:02 PM
brook trout at 4:57?

do you think the spoon is still to heavy to be sucked in? did you try just shrimp on a small hook and a split shot further up for weight?

fluxcore
02-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Never been a fan of the slender spoon even though I own 4 of them lol, I see you've had plenty of success with them so keep it up.

Fishslayer99
02-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Nice video, so many bows at one time Amazing! looks like there was a Brookie at just under 5 minute mark. Slender spoon sales must have gone up in the last couple of months Brandon....wonder why???

Brandonkop
02-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Haha, yeah they may have sold a few more, would be nice if I got a cut. I think it is the camera that makes them shy cause without the camera I was catching one after another. So yeah the spoon is a little heavy but without the camera they were taking it just fine. I could have downsized but this size really gets their attention.

I did try a tiny tungsten jig and piece of shrimp they were not that interested in it and were just barely taking it as well. Also tried a trout tube jig not interested at all. Tried a HD ice trout lure and worked good not as attracting as the spoon though. There a few different brookies in this video and there are two in the same screen when one of the brookies gets caught.

DiabeticKripple
02-24-2015, 11:21 PM
nid vid, but dont you think that youre jigging it a little too much? i saw a lot of missed strikes cause you yanked it away.

i like jigging until they get close, then just a wiggle and they will nail it.

HookedOnKokanee
02-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Went on line to Cabelas, and they are almost sold out and on sale for the Slender Spoons, next time I will not wait six months before making an order!:angry3:

Brandonkop
02-25-2015, 08:07 AM
nid vid, but dont you think that youre jigging it a little too much? i saw a lot of missed strikes cause you yanked it away.

i like jigging until they get close, then just a wiggle and they will nail it.

This video is highly edited, you're seeing close to a hundred clips from over a couple hours of footage. The fish are most interested when the lure is moving. If it stops they just swim away with disinterest. I wasn't watching on the camera either since this was a GoPro down the hole. So this was essentially fishing blind, I wasn't watching to determine what was happening like you did while watching the video.

Went on line to Cabelas, and they are almost sold out and on sale for the Slender Spoons, next time I will not wait six months before making an order!:angry3:

Yeah what I do is buy in October when they have all their new stock, they sell out quick.

crazyfish
02-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Great video as usual ! Good numbers of fish in that spot ! Congrats :sHa_shakeshout:

Vigsy
02-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Brandon catches tons of fish he knows what hes doing, just showing you how many fish are down there. Just enjoy the video.

Awsome as usual Brandon.

dwo
02-25-2015, 06:33 PM
great footage!!
I noticed at about 5:30 you have the shrimp tail on the hook. Did you find that made a significant difference?

Brandonkop
02-25-2015, 10:58 PM
great footage!!
I noticed at about 5:30 you have the shrimp tail on the hook. Did you find that made a significant difference?

The tail stays on a little better and you still catch fish about the same rate I would say. Maybe a little less a use it is stiff and can interfere with hooking up.