PDA

View Full Version : Changing from core to win

Mr.Bull
02-24-2015, 07:00 PM
im moving to alberta in the next 4 months and I was wondering do I have to take another course for my win number or can I transfer my core....what do I do

Hydro1
02-24-2015, 07:02 PM
http://www.albertarelm.com/selectOptions.do

airbornedeerhunter
02-24-2015, 07:03 PM
All out of province hunters courses are honoured in AB. You do not need to do another course to get your WIN.

But you do need to meet residency requirements.

bc gbear
02-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Pretty easy, I moved here from BC last summer. As someone else said the CORE is honoured

twofifty
02-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Two gun things are different though:

- .243/6mm is the minimum caliber for AB big game (no .224s).
- Check the buffalo specific requirements, they too might be different.

There might be others I am not aware of.

flint guy
02-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Your core is transferable, as above just need an address. Albertarealm is the site for all that stuff. I wonder does a win transfer back to core?

airbornedeerhunter
02-25-2015, 05:12 AM
Your core is transferable, as above just need an address. Albertarealm is the site for all that stuff. I wonder does a win transfer back to core?

Depends on the province. NL for example, does not honour a WIN card as proof of having completed hunter education training but NB does. Not sure about BC.

crunchiespg
02-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Depends on the province. NL for example, does not honour a WIN card as proof of having completed hunter education training but NB does. Not sure about BC.

I'm surprised any honour a win card as proof. Because you don't have to do a hunters ed for a win card. One can just walk into Canadian tire and get a win card and just use it for fishing. So a win card doesn't prove anything.
So you have to supply additional proof of a hunters education course to enable that win card to buy hunting licences.