PDA

View Full Version : Going to miss my little buddy.

Twisted Canuck
02-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Had to put my best buddy to rest tonight, he's been sick. He was a hell of a good friend. A little mutt, but my little mutt. You can run with the rest of the good dogs now Mojo.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/twistedcanuck/Picture048_zps4f2f74c4.jpg

TBark
02-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear. Been there a few times myself.

TBark

rosh
02-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear, hardest thing I've had to do.

Taco
02-24-2015, 09:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlBN85tmL8

Sooner
02-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Been there done that with a few as well. Gets better. Google rainbow bridge, my vet sent it to me when I had to put down my Gsp. Take care, you did the right thing even if it hurts real bad.

lone wolf
02-24-2015, 09:30 PM
Tough one for sure .... they really do leave paw prints on your heart.

Fishslayer99
02-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Sorry for your loss, always a very difficult thing to go through.:(

silverdoctor
02-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hear Twisted, it's never easy to lose a dog. Lost my girl 6 years ago and still can't bring myself to hang the damn picture.

Ithaca Dog
02-24-2015, 09:53 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Hiwa
02-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Sorry and my condolences. I miss mine also.

Hydro1
02-24-2015, 10:03 PM
My condolences, its never easy.

hayseed
02-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Awwwww man sorry to hear....so sorry...

sns2
02-24-2015, 10:06 PM
That's just the worst. Your little buddy looked like an awesome friend and part of the family. So hard. My condolences.

Twisted Canuck
02-24-2015, 10:13 PM
thanks all. I'm just crushed inside tonight. He looked up to me and licked my hand when the vet gave the sedative, and it just tore me up.

lilsundance
02-24-2015, 10:13 PM
Condolences Twisted, its hard to loose a good bud like that.

Redfrog
02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
There is no easy way to say it. They do not live long enough. He looks like a cool dog.
My condolences on your loss.

lilsundance
02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
He looked up to me and licked my hand when the vet gave the sedative, and it just tore me up.

He was saying thank you for all the good times.

Twisted Canuck
02-24-2015, 10:17 PM
He was indeed a cool little dog.

birdhound
02-24-2015, 10:17 PM
So sorry for your loss my friend. Ive dealt with it a couple times myself but got a new best buddy now... Never forget my other best buddies though...

purgatory.sv
02-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Your description is perfact, they know and understand.

Memories .

338Bluff
02-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Real nice looking little dog. Sorry to hear about your loss. Been there too many times.

Lefty-Canuck
02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear....amazing how animals can steal our hearts.

LC

Zuludog
02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Sorry for your loss.

RedLabel
02-24-2015, 10:27 PM
sorry to hear twisted, looked like a man's best friend for sure

Talking moose
02-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Sorry man.... Just plain sucks sometimes. Looked like a pretty cool lil dog.

Soulcousin
02-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Condolences to you and your family TC...:(

Twisted Canuck
02-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Did you all feel like you murdered your best friend? I'm sucking wind. I'll probably be better in a few weeks.

gpgriz
02-24-2015, 11:04 PM
You did right for your buddy. Never doubt you had his best wellbeing in mind.

It takes time... Go easy T.C.

As you probably have heard, Shannon out at Willowrock near Beaverlodge is great to deal with (if you are so inclined ).

JackB
02-24-2015, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear, they do become family.

Ceilidh69
02-24-2015, 11:08 PM
So sorry for your loss. Know how you feel right now.

Sooner
02-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Did you all feel like you murdered your best friend? I'm sucking wind. I'll probably be better in a few weeks.

Never, you did what was needed. That is why they give all their love, cause they know you will do whats right for them. It's fresh, it hurts and will for a while. That's normal. It will get better. My parents dog kissed me on the nose when the sleep drug went in. That was almost 20 yrs ago. You reminded me of it with your dog licking your hand. Take care.

nelsonob1
02-24-2015, 11:15 PM
cute dog.

hard thing to do even it is right. had to put mine down this time last year. I am still not over it.

best.

threeforthree
02-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Sorry for your loss

bb356
02-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Sad new's

transplant
02-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Awww. Sorry TC. That's a hard one. Condolences.

purgatory.sv
02-24-2015, 11:52 PM

Peace was given, and acknowledgment through the gesture.

Memories

Dacotensis
02-25-2015, 01:11 AM
I had to get out of the house for a week.
I went fishing with the boys so I could forget about it.
It's been 10'years and I still miss Dog.

Damned dogs...

Keep your chin up TC

Mountain Adventurer
02-25-2015, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your best friend. Someone told me when my dog past that it's easier to deal with if you get a new one right away. It been almost two years and no best friend still. Trips to hotels like banff, 0 you know what I mean. Regards

Dog_River
02-25-2015, 04:03 AM
ahh man please don't feel like that ! It's takes real love to put your little buddy down. I know this is true and so should you. I have had to do this several times. Yes it hurts like hell but you for sure did the right thing by your little buddy. A very cool little dog he was.

Dog_River

Kim473
02-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Sorry to here that. Had to put ours down last summer. They become part of the family and it's very hard to lose a best freind. Before you know it you will be wanting a new freind.

flyguyd
02-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Sorry for your loss TC....
R.I.P Mojo

GWN
02-25-2015, 06:19 AM
My condolences, he will always be in your heart,

GunnerySgtJackson
02-25-2015, 06:43 AM
That sucks! Sorry to hear. He looks to have been a little "Character"!

58thecat
02-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Your buddy will be with you forever, in spirit and memories.

bagwan
02-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Lost my little Mutt last Nov to Cushings. New one looks a lot like yours. These little ones wrap around your heart just as much as or more than the big guys. My condolences.

tacomama
02-25-2015, 07:42 AM
My condolences as well, sorry about your loss.

ex811
02-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Condolences TC, RIP Mojo.

Your never really get over the loss of a loved one. I was the first thing my Jaeger saw when he opened up his eyes, and nearly 14yrs later I was the last thing he saw when he finally closed them for the last time. The loss never goes away...
Memories are a good thing, I'm sure Mojo will not be forgotten in your heart.

Zip
02-25-2015, 08:30 AM
TC You did the right thing...I know it is a hard decision to make as I have had to do the same thing with a few of my best dog friends over the years and everyone of them was just as hard to let go. That lick Mojo gave you was his way of saying Thanks for the great life and to let you know he will be fine and so shall you and your family...The memories you have will last forever but the pain you have right now will slowly fade away...my heart is with you today.

Zip

Scottmisfits
02-25-2015, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

edmhunter
02-25-2015, 08:32 AM
So sorry for your loss. Know how you feel right now.

x2!

Davey Boy
02-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Been there done that several times now. An awful thing to have to go through. Hang in there the memories will be everlasting.

Xiph0id
02-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I could not imagine having to do that.
I dread the day when It'll be my turn.

My dog is going on 11 years old.

Bigwoodsman
02-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Condolences TC. Time will heal, and you will always have his memory.

BW

Mountain Adventurer
02-25-2015, 10:47 AM
My next dog will be another boxer because they stay young and playfull for ever or possibly a wiry haired pointing griffon for hunting. Not sure yet.

1badshot
02-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Really sorry to here about your litle buddy, I am dreading the day I will have to do the same.

SportHuntingHelp
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

CabinFever
02-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Sure looks like a good pup. Very sorry for your loss, I know from experience how hard it is.

Hunter1602
02-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's a tough go for sure. Make sure to have a good bawl, it helps.
Regards,
H1602

Twisted Canuck
02-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I have read the rainbow bridge in the past and appreciated it, but today it is so much different to read. Thanks for posting it up SportHunting. I just got off the phone with my daughter, and had a good family cry over saying goodbye to our good dog. Was a rough day, but it's going to be ok. I hung my guy's collar and tags from the mirror of my van with a little of his fur still stuck and hanging off it, and the good memories are going to carry me right on through. I know I did what was best for him.

schmedlap
02-25-2015, 07:41 PM
because he had it with you. Condolences.

no-regard
02-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. We're really dreading the day, hope it's a long ways off. Nice looking dog.:)

Mugs29
02-25-2015, 09:02 PM
I am sorry for you loss, it has been many years since my childhood dog passed on and that poem brought tears to my eyes. He was an awesome dog and the day he was put down I was in camp. I was out having a smoke before breakfast and a red fox that hung around the camp came right up to my feet and sat with me for about 10 minutes till i went to the cook shack. I received an email an hour later from my father telling me the news.

KGB
02-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Sorry for your loss, been there once and completely understand how you feel....

rugatika
02-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Terrible thing about dogs is their life span. Went through the same thing with a gf's dog I had only known a little over a year. Was not easy, there's just something about dogs.

Never feel guilty about doing what needs to be done. Ultimately you are the BEST person to make that call, and your dog appreciated it I'm sure. I have seen a few dogs that were left clinging to life (and some people I might add), that were clearly suffering. At some point you have to place the quality of time on earth, ahead of the quantity. Dogs can be pretty stoic, and I think we don't always understand the level of pain they may be in. When we perceive their pain, I'm sure it's manifold greater than what we think.

You made the right choice and you have my condolences.

roper1
02-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Very difficult decision, sorry for your loss!!

threeforthree
02-26-2015, 10:14 PM
If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand;
Don't let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,
You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end,
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
The kindness that you did for me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve, it must be you,
Who had this painful thing to do,
We've been so close, we two, these years,
Don't let you heart hold back its tears.

Twisted Canuck
02-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Thank you for posting that.

ssyd
02-26-2015, 10:26 PM
The last time I cried was when we put my first dog down. That sucks, man.

Got Juice?
02-26-2015, 10:57 PM

Take 2-3 days off work. It helps. Bereavement leave.

I still remember all my old dogs... they never really leave ya, and I know exactly how it feels.

shakeyleg02
02-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Sorry for your loss been there recently myself i dont think a guy ever gets over the loss of a great friend and companion

tri777
02-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Horrible news,sorry T.C...best thing that helped me over the loss of my forever cherished pal last may was removing my favorite left claw from him,drilling a hole through it,applying 3coats of clear nail polish,an making a necklace out of it.

Twisted Canuck
02-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Horrible news,sorry T.C...best thing that helped me over the loss of my forever cherished pal last may was removing my favorite left claw from him,drilling a hole through it,applying 3coats of clear nail polish,an making a necklace out of it.

I kept his collar, with nice fluff of fur still caught in it, and tags, and hung it from my rearview mirror.

I'm dealing with it, but I sure miss the hell out of the little guy.

KUDUHNTR
02-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Sorry for your loss,

They become so much of ones life, always eager to please thier owner.
Not an easy thing to deal with, remeber the good times, and know your little buddy is in a better place now, and will be in your mind forever to remember.

Fredo
02-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Really sorry to hear that.

Mister Muskeg
03-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. It's tough. I went through it 3 days before you did. I cried like a 2 year old that just got her ears pierced...LOL

This guy went out in style, good brushing, lots of treats and 2 BBQ'd Rib Eyes.

Mama just picked up a carbon copy to him yesterday....

Tough to be without them once you've had them.

tri777
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Mojo.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/twistedcanuck/Picture048_zps4f2f74c4.jpg

Rip Mojo RIP !

greylynx
03-01-2015, 03:49 PM
I feel for you TC.

How are the girl's taking it?

Hope the girl's are helping daddy with the grief.

Best wishes to you all.

BCROB
03-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Had to put my best buddy to rest tonight, he's been sick. He was a hell of a good friend. A little mutt, but my little mutt. You can run with the rest of the good dogs now Mojo.

Man that's lousy , sorry for your loss, we get so dam attached to these animals it never seems to get easier but as always time heals and rest assured he's in a real good place now pain free indeed....tuff times, take care

Rob

Sitting Bull
03-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Sorry for your loss as well. I had to put our little guy down a few years ago, it was the hardest thing I had to do. I cried many a days and when my wife would cry, well the flood gates opened up. I always thought I could do what some of my friends did when the time came.They did it themselves. There is no way I could have done it. Call me a suck but I don't care our dog was something else.
Take care,

ncaguy
03-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear. We had to put our white German Shepard of 13 years down on Valentine's day. She had a huge mass blocking her urine track. Hardest thing I had to do was make the decision and stay strong by her side for the process. Wife and I still have times of crying but we have a collie to help pull us through as well

Twisted Canuck
03-02-2015, 01:14 PM
I feel for you TC.

How are the girl's taking it?

Hope the girl's are helping daddy with the grief.

Best wishes to you all.

Again, thanks everyone for their kind words. I'm doing ok, just a lot emptier around here.

My girls were really going through it, particularly the youngest, and my wife was surprised by how lonely she was. They conspired (at my wife's maneuvering), and found a puppy. I let them have their way. We picked him up yesterday, and while he is a cute little fellow and I'm letting the girls smother him, and I'm just keeping my distance. Not ready for him yet. But he keeps following me. He's a little Chihuahua/maltese cross, the size of a biscuit at the moment. Anyway, my youngest is much better having him, and that is what matters. I'll give it a while, then I know I'm going to go find my next best buddy. Maybe this summer.

Sooner
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Again, thanks everyone for their kind words. I'm doing ok, just a lot emptier around here.

My girls were really going through it, particularly the youngest, and my wife was surprised by how lonely she was. They conspired (at my wife's maneuvering), and found a puppy. I let them have their way. We picked him up yesterday, and while he is a cute little fellow and I'm letting the girls smother him, and I'm just keeping my distance. Not ready for him yet. But he keeps following me. He's a little Chihuahua/maltese cross, the size of a biscuit at the moment. Anyway, my youngest is much better having him, and that is what matters. I'll give it a while, then I know I'm going to go find my next best buddy. Maybe this summer.

You may have already found one of your next best buddies or he is finding you :) My wife surprised us with a long hair chihuahua a few years ago. Not a fan of the hair and already had 2 GSP's at the time so she made it 3 dogs in the house. The little bugger grows on ya despite ignoring it lol. Take care.

silverdoctor
03-02-2015, 10:22 PM
It's not easy bringing another dog in soon after one dies. When Tia died, it hit me harder than anyone else.

A week after she died, one of the ex's coworkers told her he had a bichon that needed a home. Great, just what I needed. The girls freaked out when he was brought in the house, but I wanted nothing to do with him - felt like a frigging traitor to Tia. That little bugger knew that I had something against him, snuggled every chance he got and managed to worm his way into my good graces.

Give it time...

ETOWNCANUCK
03-03-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry for your loss
I had to do the same myself tonight

CheeseBurger
03-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Sorry for your loss TC.

KGB
03-04-2015, 08:08 PM

It took me 10 years to get another dog.... And only after I got him I realized that I was waiting waaay too long! All these years I missed something by warm and good next to me. Enjoy what you've got now, he is your little best buddy! You just don't know that yet.

molly
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Very sorry, TC. They take a big piece of your heart when they leave, and it never gets easier. At least you were able to say goodbye.