PDA

View Full Version : saskatchewan cabin rental for 1 week

Eddy62
02-25-2015, 06:01 AM
been looking and having a hard time trying to find a cabin that I can rent for one week in September to take the wife to relax as I don't know Saskatchewan that well.

if it was waterfront were we could shore fish would be great as my girl wont do boat , I am always in bc sicamous area but now want to see some different locations heading east.

maybe someone has a family cabin they might want to rent ? or any good location advice would be very appreciated,

thanks for any help or suggestions later............................ed:)

norwestalta
02-25-2015, 06:24 AM
I can't help with Saskatchewan but in bc peace there is hook lake adventures and cabin for rent at sheep creek near Grande cache. Both are beautiful spots and if you need the numbers I've got them.

Kim473
02-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Didn't try to hard searching. Typed in cabin rental Sask and this came up first.

http://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/where-to-stay/cabins-cottages-resorts-and-lodges

JB_AOL
02-25-2015, 07:57 AM
you won't have any problem finding a cabin at that time of the year. Most tourist spots in sk are pretty quite after mid august.

VRBO.com

bat119
02-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Rowan's Ravine Provincial Park, 88km NW of Regina on E shore of Last Mountain Lake.
Box 310
Strasbourg, SK S0G 4V0

Tel: (306) 725-4466

Big sandy beach's a long sand point with good perch fishing marina has boat rentals if your tempted to fish off the point for the 10 lb+ walleye

The cabins are fairly new and close to the water there is a lounge within walking distance to the cabins if you don't feel like cooking

MartyM
02-25-2015, 09:58 AM
http://www.kilmanresort.ca/index.html

Might be a little further than your looking to travel but Lake of the Prairies is a nice lake for catching pickerel, jack and perch. Grew up on that lake as a kid and my favorite spot to find fish was about 75 yds from shore out in front of the store the water would drop off to approx. 20ft and then back up to around 12 - 14ft on a rock shelf.
Hope the link works.

NEWB
02-25-2015, 10:33 AM
you won't have any problem finding a cabin at that time of the year. Most tourist spots in sk are pretty quite after mid august.

VRBO.com

I agree.

I went campig in Mid Sask to Medow lake. I had the entire campground to my self. It was all kinds of awesome!

Piker
02-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Try googling Silence of the north camp on mirond lake nice place reasonable rates and good. Fishing. Piker

Pokee
02-25-2015, 01:49 PM
www.madgelake.ca

Eddy62
02-26-2015, 03:42 AM
Didn't try to hard searching. Typed in cabin rental Sask and this came up first.

http://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/where-to-stay/cabins-cottages-resorts-and-lodges

pretty sure that was the first thing I did:sign0161: ya just cant fix stupid

SamSteele
02-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Shore fishing in Sask in September? Bring Costco packs of bug spray! Especially if you're used to BC.

Might want to check out Waskesiu.

SS

Mhunter51
02-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Waskesiu is NOT the place to go if you want to fish. No fishing from the docks in the town site. Bait restrictions on the lakes. Motor restrictions on some of the lakes and the price of rental for a week in the national park will probably be very high. Many better choices as in private cabin rentals as per PM that was sent.

SamSteele
02-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Waskesiu is NOT the place to go if you want to fish. No fishing from the docks in the town site. Bait restrictions on the lakes. Motor restrictions on some of the lakes and the price of rental for a week in the national park will probably be very high. Many better choices as in private cabin rentals as per PM that was sent.

Sounded like the missus wasn't into fishing, so other shore bound activities would be important. Lots of great cabins on fishing lakes but most of these don't have other amenities. Waskesiu is pricey and not the greatest fishing off shore, but there are more things to do than at fishing only lakes.

SS