PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kyle's Murder Trial Finalized

brobinson
02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Chris Kyle's murder trial has been finalized, Eddie Ray Routh sentenced to life without parole for slaying the legendary sniper and his friend at rural Texas shooting range.

Here's the article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31617308

CaberTosser
02-25-2015, 09:44 AM
That was fairly predictable, it was a pretty open & shut case. I'm half surprised though that he didn't get the death penalty.

score
02-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Guilty of Capital Murder. Sentenced to life in prison without parole. Great verdict.

CaberTosser
02-25-2015, 09:55 AM
I like this Texas jury, 2 hours of deliberation, no arguing insignificant BS law
minutiae ad nauseum for 5 weeks. Close the case, head out for steaks. Done.

Mike_W
02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
I like this Texas jury, 2 hours of deliberation, no arguing insignificant BS law

Agreed!!

Probably took less than two hours just took the Chinese food 1 hour to arrive.

score
02-25-2015, 10:03 AM

Yep. This was a clear cut case. I'm so glad that the PTSD/insanity defence failed before it even got started. It would have set a precedent that would have had terrible consequences down the road.

That said, I was a bit worried that that was going to be the case given the times.

CaberTosser
02-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Good thing there wasn't a leather glove left at the scene that shrunk from being blood soaked, or a low speed chase with a white Bronco as either of those would make it drag on for weeks.

Are the authorities in Texas expecting any riots from the Caucasian or Marine veteran communities as a result of this conviction?? :shark:

Mb-MBR
02-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Watched a documentary the other day that stated since the Afghan wars started 167 vets have been charged and sentenced for murder in the U.S. Physiologists say this is just the tip of the iceberg and will be getting a lot worse as these wars end...................100 times worse then the Vietnam war, incarcerations of vets after the war, which was bad in its own right..

score
02-25-2015, 01:07 PM
Disregarding this case entirely, I find the treatment and resources available for returning service members to be despicable as far as I'm aware. I'm sure different countries take care of their vets in varying ways but anything less than top notch care is shameful to the extreme. Returning warriors deserve nothing but the best.

brobinson
02-25-2015, 01:13 PM
I was a little suprised that prosecution wasn't seeking the death penalty though. I am assuming that he won't last long in prison though.