PDA

View Full Version : ..................

Deer Hunter
02-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Two day auction with a massive inventory and apparently lots of US buyers.
Sad to imagine the jobs lost with the equipment.

https://www.rbauction.com/EDMONTON-AB?s=Y2l8Tj00Mjk0Mzk2NTk0KzQyOTQ5NjY4NTgmTnM9TG90T nVtYmVyfDB8fExvdE51bWJlck1vZGlmaWVyfDA=&id=ci

chasingtail
02-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Sellers are getting pretty good prices still, a lot of things went pretty high.

Dacotensis
02-25-2015, 09:16 PM
This is an annual ritual.
Equipment is constantly bought and sold at RB.
Internet bidding has changed the game.

Did anyone hear what the Alberta fleet of jets sold for?
Im pretty sure closing time has come.
And they might also be american owned.
Until some canadian buys them back.

Those Jobs will come back soon enough as well.

Sundancefisher
02-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Dam. For $8000 I could of owned a fire truck. A fella could pull up beside their favorite fishing hole...extend the ladder out. Set up a hibachi and have a nice relaxing time even when the ice is thin.

Matt22
02-25-2015, 10:29 PM
There is a two day Ritchie auction every 3 months, that's nothing new. Everything I saw was fetching a decent price. It would appear to me that there wansnt even that much equipment in this auction.

Kim473
02-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Don't see the fleet of planes listed on the surplus sales site anymore.

A lot of those vehicals had 2 - 300,000 k or more on them.

From The Hip
02-26-2015, 05:49 AM
I saw a sweet Corvette Stingray (1968) on a flatdeck yesterday.No plate on it so I am guessing somebody sold a toy as I doubt it would be going for service in the middle of winter.

FTH

TBark
02-26-2015, 07:25 AM
I think I saw Todd Hoffman there, ha.

TBark

horse_men
02-26-2015, 08:04 AM
The low Canadian dollar has a lot of equipment heading south, the hammer price may look decent but it's a 20% discount for the American buyers.

wildwoods
02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
This is an annual ritual.
Equipment is constantly bought and sold at RB.
Internet bidding has changed the game.

Did anyone hear what the Alberta fleet of jets sold for?
Im pretty sure closing time has come.
And they might also be american owned.
Until some canadian buys them back.

Those Jobs will come back soon enough as well.

Well said^^
Happens all the time. I've watched people in Dubai purchasing equiptment onljne at Ritchie's. The net has sure changed things. I've been tracking certain equipment in the sale. A lot of it headed to Manitoba, bc and staying here at home. The prices were quite high so I missed out on an telehandler. The skid steer prices were high too. Don't read too far into it.
Sorry to all the guys suffering right now. It'll pick up again. Hang in there

jim summit
02-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Nothing new, RBA has had alot more inventory in past sales in the good times.

CaberTosser
02-26-2015, 10:44 AM
A lot of those vehicles were miles out or older. A few newer pieces and a few examples that some people still know how to get lots of miles on vehicles. It didn't seem to me to be a sign of the apocalypse or anything, just an auction like any other with a mixed bag of lot #'s.

mtnluvr
02-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I agree, watching a few items, no deals to be had that's forsure. The last Edmonton sale a few months back was far lower prices. I thought this one looked strong.

bobinthesky
02-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Quote,

"Did anyone hear what the Alberta fleet of jets sold for?"

Alberta has never owned a fleet of jets. They did have some turboprop's though.

Dacotensis
02-26-2015, 05:40 PM
The news said 11% above asking price.
A sign of the times indeed!

Still one left to sell.

coreya3212
02-26-2015, 05:58 PM
I picked up a hunk of equipment ....any truckers with a low bed on the forum?

Sooner
02-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Some sold for decent deals on the f350's, some not so much. Typical auction.

Elk Hunter17
02-26-2015, 06:35 PM
A buddy of mine sold a couple big trucks, said he got double what he expected.

lannie
02-27-2015, 09:43 AM
It was not close to massive inventory, just another run of the mill two day sale with a low Canadian dollar. Many from outside of Alberta heard of hard times in Alberta so it was well attended with many bargain hunters from outside our provincial border. In the end everything went higher than average. What surprised me was at times was the sales rings had over 40,000 people viewing via the net. The next Edmonchuck sale is a four day event that that will also see strong pricing IMO.If the Canuck dollar was par with the U.S. we would see better pricing. If things stay the same in the patch the bargains will start popping up next fall as I think most of the industry has made enough loot to weather the storm for 6 months anyway.