PDA

View Full Version : Group Camping with services

Doodle30
02-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Hey Guys

Our group camping idea fell through this morning.

Anyone know of any Group Camping sites that also has services. Doesn't need full service but Power for sure and water is nice.

Within 2 hours of Calgary is what we are looking for.

I am looking for a designated "group" camping area.

Look forward to replies.

Doodle

recce43
02-26-2015, 11:59 AM
sandy mcnabb

calgarygringo
02-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Sandy Mcnabb probably your best choice based on that criteria.

Several other good ones close if you could live without power power at each site. I do know of one where power is just at the cookhouse if that works too.

Doodle30
02-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Sandy Mcnabb probably your best choice based on that criteria.

Several other good ones close if you could live without power power at each site. I do know of one where power is just at the cookhouse if that works too.

CR

What is your favorite group camp spot?

One of the guys has a gene and I can live without the power but some of the girls want the power.

calgarygringo
02-26-2015, 05:32 PM
If you want to go right to the 2 hour limit Kinbrook and Rolling Hills have full facilities at their group areas too but would be a full 2 hour trek from cowtown.

Doodle30
02-26-2015, 06:25 PM
If you want to go right to the 2 hour limit Kinbrook and Rolling Hills have full facilities at their group areas too but would be a full 2 hour trek from cowtown.

Kinbrook has full services at the group camping? Been to Kinbrook a number of times but didn't think group camping had services.

calgarygringo
02-26-2015, 06:40 PM
I am pretty sure I saw electricty there. If not too many people I would do Rolling Hills which is way nicer but Kinbrook group is off on its own more.

If you can book it Sandy Mcnabb is still the best bet for what you are describing and only 45 mins from the south side of town. Good water and several dump lanes too so good for when you need more water or dump on the way home. Frequent there several times every summer.