Sick..... Me ..... Chest..... Bad....

Gotta go to work tomorrow.. Too much to do

If ya got a sure fire home remedy... I'm beggin ya TA share

Please.. No poisonings.

Oh..... Can someone call my mom too?

.....Pam?

CritterCommander
02-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Hot Tea, generous amount of honey, splash of rum. Cinammon stick. Repeat as needed.

Get well!

amosfella
02-26-2015, 06:54 PM
vicks vaporub on the soles of your feet and put on OLD woolen socks. Go to sleep.

Bigwoodsman
02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Hot Tea, generous amount of honey, splash of rum. Cinammon stick. Repeat as needed.

Get well!

^^^^^
This. Keep drinking and reducing the amount of tea and honey until you're pulling straight out of the rum bottle. When rum bottle is empty have a good sleep.

If this doesn't work try the vapour rub suggestion.

BW

msguns
02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Oregano oil... two drops in a tablespoon or so of water. Gargle and swallow, sip and drink as often as possible for a few minutes. Tea tree oil on q-tips, put in each ear gently and just twirl it to coat the ear canal- do not push and all the other usual ear warnings.

If you don't have these oils but do have herbs: make a tea with oregano, thyme, and rosemary... all very good at fighting viruses. And eat some nice fresh raw garlic.

Chest: put some vicks on it, then a towel, and go to bed. Take about 10,000 IU vitamin D and a thousand mg of vitamin C.

Hope you feel better. By the way... no cold or flu for me for a couple years now. Average is over 2 colds a year for most people.

Dewey Cox
02-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Jagermeister has been my savior over the past month or so.
The man at the liquor store said its been flying off the shelf, with a couple different bugs circulating out there.

dalesilvertip
02-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Make a tea with one cup boiling water and one teaspoon of ground cinnamon ( make sure you use real ceylon cinnamon and not cassia ) when lukewarm mix in one tablespoon of raw, unpasteurized honey and drink, morning and night. Stuff is good for damn near everything!

archercurt
02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
This is a hail Mary for me when I'm feeling crummy. Run a hot bath about as hot as you can Stand it. Next mix in about 2 or 3 table spoons of ginger powder, and a cup of Epsom salts. Soak in this for 20 minutes minimum (longer if you can stand it). Be prepared because you are in for a sweat fest. Once you are done, do not rinse off just towel off and jump in some sweats and a hoodie and curl up on the couch in a blanket. You will sweat for quite a while after so drink some water and have a good night's rest. With any luck you will wake up feeling refreshed. Anything is worth a try!

dumoulin
02-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Sick..... Me ..... Chest..... Bad....

Gotta go to work tomorrow.. Too much to do

If ya got a sure fire home remedy... I'm beggin ya TA share

Please.. No poisonings.

Oh..... Can someone call my mom too?

.....Pam?

If you have what's been going around, lots of water or tea, throat lozanges and time.

I guess you could try making an onion and mustard pack and resting it on your chest. Works like Vicks chest rub.

alacringa
02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
My trick is to go to one of my favourite Vietnamese restaurants, and to order "extra spicy" chicken sate pho.

recce43
Whiskey over ice drink aleast 4 healthy glasses .

schmedlap
A "splash" is not adequate. The theory here is that it won't alleviate the cold, but you won't care (?). The "hot rum toddy" was my Dad's preferred remedy - I don't think it ultimately did much of anything except make the suffering more bearable until the rum wore off (?).
Cold FX works very well for myself and my oldest son. It, apparently, doesn't work for everyone (?). It does not "cure", nor does it claim to. What it does for us, if we experience symptons, is reduce the duration very substantially. We each take one tab every day, year round, and I have not had a serious incident of cold/flu in the 8 years or so since I started that routine, and I work in a close office environment where such things are rampant. I used to suffer a lot and for a long time with such bugs, at least once or twice a year. Said son has a compromised immune system due to very serious childhood medical issues - it used to be when he "got a sniffle" he was seriously ill for 10 days minimum. And he still has serious medical issues on other fronts. But, on the very odd occasion that either of us has contracted some such bug over that time (maybe 2-3 times in my case), and with some "step up" in doseage when that occurred, we have had only very minor symptoms for a very few days. Try it - 0 side effects.
Or, maybe it is the equally continuous application of rum?

leeelmer
02-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Mix one ounce of bucklys with one ounce of scotch.
Works great
Most likely the worst tasting thing you will ever drink.
But trust me one of those before bed and you are well on your way to feeling better by the morning.

silverdoctor
02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Ghost pepper sauce, and cayenne pepper in salsa, eat it. Never fails.

Piker
02-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Try a mustard plaster. I forget exactly the ingriedients but a lot of dry hot mustard powder mixed with water to a paste and then put a two foot square of gauze on your chest then the mustard and more gauze until you cannot stand the heat. Leave it three hours and you are cured. Piker

RandyBoBandy
02-26-2015, 08:12 PM
all the above PLUS if you have access to a steam room infuse eucalyptus oil into the steam....or DIY...boil water and put into a pot, infuse with VICKS or eucalyptus oil, put your head over the pot and cover your head with a towel and breathe DEEP :)...but really truly...it takes time :)

flyguyd
02-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Hot water , lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, light dust of nutmeg and a couple oz of rum(preferably Oakheart). 2500mg of echinatia before bed tonite and 3 times a day for the next couple days. Slather up chest and back with Vics and wrap up tight in bed.

Nocked
02-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Stay home, pj's, comfy chair, and rum, lots and lots of rum. Then more rum. Eventually either it or you will pass. Either way you're sure to feel better. :)

Wild&Free
02-26-2015, 08:33 PM
dress in sweats, wrap a towel around your neck, drink about 6 cups of water, throw an extra blanket on the bed, maybe two, go do number 1, then sleep and sweat. rehydrate when you wake up in the middle of the night to do number 1 again then more sleep and sweat.

Geezle
02-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Try a mustard plaster. I forget exactly the ingriedients but a lot of dry hot mustard powder mixed with water to a paste and then put a two foot square of gauze on your chest then the mustard and more gauze until you cannot stand the heat. Leave it three hours and you are cured. Piker

This, plus a cup of neo-citron with a shot of vodka before bed.

Peterupnorth
02-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Several drops of 'oil of oregano' under the tongue. If that don't kill the bugs, I don't know what will. Works.
Makes whiskey feel like mint tea!

twofifty
02-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Like others suggested: hot mustard pack on the chest.
The heat will break the stuff free from your lungs.

Kanonfodder
02-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Hot Buttered Rum, tea with a shot of bourbon and honey, Vicks vaporub........ Crawl into bed with as many blankets as you can find and sweat it out....it's my Hail Mary fix all

Mackinaw
02-26-2015, 11:42 PM

50/50 mix with flour or 2 parts mustard to 1 part flour for a little stronger just enough water to make a cream paste you can spread.put towel over gauze and plaster when you take off plaster leave on towel keeps heat in ...Keens dry mustard is the best.

Mack

Redfrog
02-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Oregano oil... two drops in a tablespoon or so of water. Gargle and swallow, sip and drink as often as possible for a few minutes. Tea tree oil on q-tips, put in each ear gently and just twirl it to coat the ear canal- do not push and all the other usual ear warnings.

If you don't have these oils but do have herbs: make a tea with oregano, thyme, and rosemary... all very good at fighting viruses. And eat some nice fresh raw garlic.

Chest: put some vicks on it, then a towel, and go to bed. Take about 10,000 IU vitamin D and a thousand mg of vitamin C.

Hope you feel better. By the way... no cold or flu for me for a couple years now. Average is over 2 colds a year for most people.

Never tried the Tea oil, but the rest sounds good to me. Oil of oregano is strong stuff.

Red Bullets
02-27-2015, 01:37 AM
you would like this . Works real good.

4thredneck
02-27-2015, 04:21 AM
I had a really bad cough for over 2 weeks and my wife finally made me go to the Doctor. Turns out I had pneumonia, just finished my meds last night and going for another X-ray this morning. I've been sick since the first of Febuary. Maybe you need to see the Doc.

omega50
02-27-2015, 06:04 AM
My Hungarian MIL was given the Hungarian Cure back in the mid 30's and early 40's

A sugar cube dipped in Kerosene

**DO NOT DO THIS**
They were in poverty and their mother could not afford medicine or food

wildside2014
02-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Bessie Ive got the same thing right now. For a few days when it started I didn't even really feel sick, just felt like someone was sitting on my chest and I felt short of breathe. Sure as heck though, after a large qty of beer and hot wings last night, the shoepolish coating my lungs has started to break free and I can breathe again. so maybe beer and wings? :thinking-006:

Stinky Buffalo
02-27-2015, 09:21 AM
you would like this . Works real good.

Hahahah!

I like the Scottish cold/flu remedy - All you need is a hat, a bed, blankets and a bottle of scotch:

Go to bed, hang the hat on a bedpost, cover up, and start drinking the scotch.
Keep drinking the scotch until you see two hats.
Stop drinking the scotch and go to sleep.

Seriously though, we use a combination of a lot of the above suggestions - including rubbing some Vicks on the arches of the feet and drops of Oil of Oregano under the tongue. I tend to get a lot of sinus issues, so a nasal rinse helps me a lot (kind of like a neti pot). I also take in a lot of Vitamin C during a cold.

Dick284
02-27-2015, 09:26 AM
If the cough and congestion has lasted more than 5 days.... Go see a doctor!
And stay away from work and save your co-worker the same fate!

Redfrog
02-27-2015, 10:43 AM
My Hungarian MIL was given the Hungarian Cure back in the mid 30's and early 40's

**DO NOT DO THIS**

Never heard about the kerosene trick, but when I was kid my buddy's grandparents were from the "old country". He was stuffed up with a cold.His Grandmother had him drink a couple tablespoons of gasoline. He started screaming and nearly took the door off the hinges when he ran outside. We caught up to him a block from home lying on his back on the grass. It looked like he just ran out of gas.:sHa_shakeshout:

Crankbait
02-27-2015, 12:42 PM

**DO NOT DO THIS**

smart woman. Primo Levy - the author - was also a chemist and made it through life in a concentration camp by ingesting a thimbleful of kerosene a day to keep his fat stores up.

I have the current flu or whatever it is. haven't been sick in two years, feels like the lining of my esophagus has been peeled away and my limbs feel like egg noodles. can't remember a flu feeling this way. usual remedies aren't working, so went to the doctor for medicine cabinet decorations. feel worse.

bessiedog
02-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

Had no rum... No rye.. No scotch... And payday wasent till today..

So I improvised:

1 cup of concentrated ginger tea
1 1 big spoon of honey
2 fingers of everclear, 1/2 finger of hot 100 peppermint Schnapps
1 finger Buckleys.... (not sure that was a good idea)

Drank a liter of water and did 5 tabs of vitamin D.
Then sipped the created 'cure all' at 830.

Wore thick jammies, sweater, and my Oilers jersie... Double quilts.

Very wet, sweaty sleep. But was able to make it through the day thus far.

I got athsma.. But the puffer is handling it.

Really need to cough up stuff soon, but nothing's moving.

Gonna buy some Sailer Jerry's tonight. Gonna use that in my cure all in replacement of the Schnapps...

I HAVE to fish tomorrow. I can't stand up my buddy. Thats not right.

greylynx
02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Are you missing the teacher's convention? Tell greylynx that is not true. All that free booze. I honestly feel sorry for you.

Seriously, do not let that flu get away on you. I played tough guy a couple of weeks ago and never saw the doctor, and am still on antibiotics from the lung infection that set in when the flu hit me.

Take Care young fella.

happy honker
02-28-2015, 09:16 AM
I just worked a stretch out east in that weather they had...warmest day was minus 20, coldest was minus 33 and I had that brutal lung infection that is going around. 10 or so hours outside every day...lousy.
Self employed with a contract to fill, no choice but to pull myself out of bed each day and just go.

I can usually nab a cold if I get it just when i feel it coming on with some sleep and cold FX.

Once an illness gets a hold of you, the only cure is sleep. Do what you have to do to knock yourself the heck out and get as much sleep as you can. Only way the body repairs itself.
A hot bath or shower before and after work helped a bit too.

Nyquil, a splash of vodka, and maybe a half a sleeper if I really needed it, but I'm no doctor, lol. That managed to help me get some rest, except for waking myself up with that awful gurgling/wheezing sound my lungs were making.

2 weeks ago, and still hacking up really gross stuff out of my air bags.

It hit me about 18 hours after I was bragging about never getting sick....so don't do that!!

javlin101
02-28-2015, 09:43 AM
When I feel a cold coming on I use a Neti Pot 2-3 times a day. My GF gave me her flu/cold. Hers lasted over 2 weeks and mine was gone in a week.

omega50
02-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Just made the grandson some oatmeal in the microwave.
So I decided to substitute rum for milk in Grandpa's bowl.
Good stuff
My lung tightness is easing as we speak

sns2
02-28-2015, 11:45 AM
I've been off the sauce for over 2 decades now, but when I wasn't, my cure-all was extra strength neo-citran made with vodka instead of hot water. I would make two cups, after which I was always able to sleep through whatever ailed me. Even toothaches:)

Bowie
02-28-2015, 12:53 PM
What's your location. I have some essential oils that work fast and awesome

bessiedog
02-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Thanks
But I'm wayyy down south.

Hitting the NeoCitrin this afternoon.

More sleep-sweats

rosh
02-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Boil water then add some oregano oil, put towel over head and put face in steam. Breath it in and out, try cpl times a day

elk eater
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
I have this dang cold and so did wife. Lay down and cough and hack. Found robitussin cough suppresent in pill form and it works. Only way I could sleep. Lasts about 5 hrs and another dose. For $12.00 go get some now. Also robax for the muscle pain. If u mix the robax with a couple beer u will feel no pain for about 4 hrs but probably not good for attacking the cold bug.

pdog15
02-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Find a metal coffee can (or equivalent). Fill with water to half. Get it boiling and then put in a couple of table spoons of Vick's. Inhale the fumes for 10-15 minutes. Repeat every couple of hours. Use a towel as a "tent" to keep the fumes concentrated. This really loosens up the sinuses and the lungs.

jeprli
02-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Pig lard, no salt added. Spread a nice layer over your chest and back, cover it with a sheet of newspaper. Go to bed, you'll sleep in peace and in the morning peel that paper off, all that fat has been absorbed through skin. For some reason it loosens all the bad stuff in lungs and you can than caugh it up and clear yourself.

Red Bullets
03-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Oddlly enough... put on some cold wet socks when you are sitting or laying down. Works on congestion and helps in mysterious ways.