PDA

View Full Version : Lac Ste Anne

Ronji
02-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Heading out to Lac. Ste Anne on Saturday. The last time I was there, maggots were the bait, while shiners were a waste of time. Has anybody had any success this year?
Thanks

waterninja
02-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Are you targeting whitefish and perch? I have had some good success at Anne using minnows this year for pike and walleye.

lmtada
02-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Same. Minnows. Walleye were sketchy. Did not attack bait with authority. Bumped it, kind of chomped on bait. Wait for 3 solid hits before setting hook. Maybe it was the time of day?? 2:00-3:00 pm.
Goodluck

Stryker2
02-27-2015, 06:55 AM
I am also going to Ste Anne on Saturday. I'm really hoping to find some whites, any good spots out there for them? Just want to catch one for the frying pan! And maybe one for the freezer!! LOL!

Stryker2
03-01-2015, 05:10 PM
I got there right as the light was starting and tried to find a spot that was suggested to me for whites from a member, unfortunately I don't have a camera right now so all I saw on my flasher was some kind of fish coming up to my wire worm, it bit a couple of times but I wasn't quick enough to set the hook. I really don't know if it was a white. I was in 13 FOW, but the spot seemed a little to far from the shore! LOL! :thinking-006: Anyway after an hour of no luck I moved to the weed island in the middle of the lake, didn't catch anything there either! The wind was very cold! I got skunked again! :angry3:

freddy27
03-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Was at Alberta beach all day saw the same pike 3 times and that's it. Slowest day so far this year at this lake for me

fishunter77
03-01-2015, 10:27 PM
St. Anne is a tough lake for Whites. My personal best was 5 Whites 2 years ago in one day, all above 4lbs. I have tried it twice this year and have only landed 4 and saw 8 total. They are big and smart. Reminds me of Hanmore lake in the 90's. They were all large.

I am not sure what the answer is. I still sight fish there with wireworms, but have seen the odd one caught with Kastmasters and other large spoons.

Good luck.

Stryker2
03-02-2015, 07:17 AM
This is my first winter fishing the lakes around Edmonton as I'm newly retired, but I have been at Ste Anne 4 times now and I haven't got anything ever! ALL the fish must be smart there! :sHa_sarcasticlol: I've caught some really nice walleye in the summer though. :thinking-006:

Ronji
03-02-2015, 09:06 AM
We had a great Saturday. Caught lots of smaller walleye, and pike. Even a couple of decent pike.
We could not get the whites to bite though. Saw some large ones on the camera, but they would not commit.
Perch were all smallish and we seen hundreds.
We were using small shiners and maggots all day and they both worked great.

Stryker2
03-02-2015, 10:38 AM
We had a great Saturday. Caught lots of smaller walleye, and pike. Even a couple of decent pike.
We could not get the whites to bite though. Saw some large ones on the camera, but they would not commit.
Perch were all smallish and we seen hundreds.
We were using small shiners and maggots all day and they both worked great.

Glad to hear somebody had a great day on Ste Anne! Clearly you were at the right spot!:fishing: